test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pc players, what should console players be doing now to prep for Mod15?

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited December 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Any advice to console players with Mod15 around the corner to get the most out of your earnings and time? What happens to unused rough AD? Should we buy bunches of Barovia boxes now? very appreciated. Thanks !
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Salvage anything that you don't need. If it isn't hard to replace, get rid of it. You can farm it again if you need it.

If you use existing crafted items or white quality gear as transmutes, stock up on them as they go away. The two skins for shirts and tunics are replaced with just a single shirt look.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,240 Arc User
    In addition, don't forget about AD bonus from invocation. So, try to salvage with AD bonus coverage. You also have a daily rAD refinement account limit. If you are not hitting the daily limit already, start to salvage now to make sure you hit the daily limit everyday from now on.
    If you are doing leadership, pay attention to the tasks that give you load of gold.
    If you have many colour workers, try to combine them to purple before the mod lands. You don't need to do that right now since you are using them right now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Most said allready, sell all stuff /rp, enchants, etc) and salvage what is possible, exchange seals for gear and salvage them.
    You will be able to earn raw AD by running content faster in mod 15 anyway, esp. in case you have some alts.
    You can change Seals of the Brave for 1k raw AD in mod 15 anyway (100 Seals of the Brave = 1k raw AD), so 300seals= 3k AD wich is near what you spend for those IL 500 rings), no big difference to mod 14.

I´d put some of that AD into Zen-AD change and earn some Zen by that, the Zen request will go up and it takes it´s time to change Zen for AD.
    Not sure if PC and console is different concerning prices in AH.
    Ultimate enchanting stones will drop significant in price due to reroll options, same as Companions, rp, epic mounts, those will be cheaper as cheap, -> get rid of them now. Even BIS powersharer companions like Skeleton drops down. You will lose a lot AD if you keep them. Wards saty stable more or less, since they are hard to get from invoking or events -bound to Zen.
    About profession stuff i can say much, but it´s dropping in general, materials will be outdated (near all of them), maybe take a look into some threads to have a clue about it.
    Being VIP is still benefitial imo, since you can stock up your reroll tokens on top of that daily key wich alone is a minor reason to invest into VIP.
    Most Weapon enchants and Armor enchants did not go down in price that much, same as legendary mounts only go down slowly, some weapon/armor enchnats will be very chaeap on a lower level though moderate Dread 30k AD, moderate vorpal 40k , maybe they drop from somewhere.
    Legendary enchants dropped sinificant imo, same as most other stuff drops significant, esp companions and most mounts up to epic level (legendary excludet).
    Gear will be pretty cheap to buy, blue+1 level 510 crafted gear for small AD and near BIS in some companions.
    Companion gear+4 will be inferior to blue+1 neck, talisman, icon , sword knot etc.
    Mastercrafted gear and weapons will be BIS (esp for powerbuffer) but very costy and only acceptable to buy in case you tend to drown in AD, stay with your exalted primal weapon or Barovian armor, 3% bonus is BIS anyway for striker.
    MC III weaponset is pretty good but expensive, Bronzewood+1 4.6-9mio AD per piece !
    MC III IL 560 gear: BW ring 580-950k AD, BW armor up to 3.25 mio AD
    MC III IL 570 gear : Bronzewood +1 ring 1 mio AD, Bronzewood gear+1 5-8 mio AD ! not worth it imo

Be aware of that "Heart of Fire enchant" you get from the new campaign, it turns every gear you slot it with into "Bound to Character". I slotted it into my ring of Gravestriker+5, now that ring is bound on one character and cryptic i not willing to turn it back, hate that :(

One last point about professions, you can use Forgehammer of gond (10mio AD) but the difference to a legendary tool is 600/600 vs 550/550 (Porfieciency/Fokus) , not that big differfence tbh, but in case you want to go into professions the best option in the run.
    In case you don´t want to go to max professions don´t invest into that Hammer imo.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    If you have a forgehammer right now, you can use it at the start of the modul to make a good profit in most of the professions. You get an 100% result for a +1 item with it in all the pre MC stuff. And all the +1 pants or the +1 necks from the 70s tasks will sell very good in the beginning.

If you get a worker with -75% provision, check which kits/jewelries you can make. I got a -75% jewelcrafter on day 2 and made a lot of ADs selling AP jewels (provision is 31250, sold the first ones for maybe 130k). If you get a worker like this: Buy moral please (i missed this for a day or two). 27k for the moral to craft 7 more jewels is quite the offer.

If you have spare ADs, maybe buy elemental air/earth/fire/water stacks now. They will be worth 60 silver or 80 material exchange credits per piece when the modules hit console.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    You can build all pre MC +1 items with a legendary tool, no need to invest into a forgehammer, in case you have none.
    I recommand this threat, where @sky1stname posted some good hints about professions and gold and leveling of workshop.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244154/mod-15-the-worst-mod-yet
    hard to understand without having access to the new content but it´s worth to take a look at it, when time comes.
    Gold is no problem in case you level alchemy , you can multiply your gold by some tasks. But you can also sell green gear or others, the automatic pickup system i a release in my eyes.
    All in all the big outcry by some player is not that much justified, since getting into the mod you will have enough moments where you simply recognize that QoL improved in the sum.
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    If you want to upgrade your workshop to lvl 4, make sure you have plenty of purple tools and ingredients as those can be used to pay the upgrade fees. Do that on all toons, as you can mail it around to the ones that actually will have a workshop. The better the tools and ingredients, the more value they have.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Idle all your workers before the mod hits.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Idle all your workers before the mod hits.

Not necessary, but longer tasks will continue to run and take up space in the delivery box. They also don't count for the " Collect from Delivery Box" quest in the tutorial.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Also, starting this weekend is x2 professions. For consoles that means you guys get double the prof xps. Use to level up your prof to as high as you can.
    This will translate over to the new system. In other words, if you have a prof at max level (25) in the old system you will have it at max (70) level in the new system. Especially Leadership.
    Means that you will have access to all non-masterwork tasks again.

Plus make sure you get you slots unlocked.
    The more prof slots are unlocked you get vouchers for better quality artisans.
    If I remember right, by having slots 4,5 and 6 you get blue quality artisans/adventurers(gatherers).
    By getting slots 7,8 and 9 unlocked you get purple quality artisans/adventurers(gathers).
  • Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    If you don't care about crafting, you can take a 2-3 month break. Seriously. Mod 15 is that boring.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    nl54#3191 said:

If you don't care about crafting, you can take a 2-3 month break. Seriously. Mod 15 is that boring.

All grinding is boring. This particular flavor of boring comes with a Lvl 14 Enchantment on top ;)
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User

Not necessary, but longer tasks will continue to run and take up space in the delivery box. They also don't count for the " Collect from Delivery Box" quest in the tutorial.

Maybe not, but I have had zero problems with my workshops since the mod dropped.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Prepare to be bored
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    scntyboy#8080 scntyboy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    After mod 15, can I still open all the bags I made with leadership? The level 21, 23 n 24 ones that gives RP and marks? I have a lot saved up and was going to open them at end of January during the 2x event. I'm a console player so our mod hits Jan 15th. Is it still worth the explorers boon for 2x professions
  • Options
    edited January 2019

After mod 15, can I still open all the bags I made with leadership? The level 21, 23 n 24 ones that gives RP and marks? I have a lot saved up and was going to open them at end of January during the 2x event. I'm a console player so our mod hits Jan 15th. Is it still worth the explorers boon for 2x professions

Yes, you can open all the bags you made with leadership. However, you may open them because of gold and profession resource in addition to RP though. :) There are plenty of RP in mod 15.
    Yes, it is still worth the explorers boon for 2x profession. One can argue if it worth even more.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Under the new professions, can I still make ad crates n jewel crates? Same with resonant, Tatum bags and enchanted coffers? Gem and ad crates is where I make easy Guild marks as well as supplying my Guild with those
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Under the new professions, can I still make ad crates n jewel crates? Same with resonant, Tatum bags and enchanted coffers? Gem and ad crates is where I make easy Guild marks as well as supplying my Guild with those

You can make some coffer donation crates but I don't have the detail or what is still allowed. I bet someone will jump in to answer that. :)
    You cannot make resonant, Tatum bags and enchanted coffers anymore.
    You can make gem directly but not sure if that worth the effort. Everything cost gold/silver/copper.
  • Options
    Ty for your fast responses. Just trying to get prepared for next week
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Ty for your fast responses. Just trying to get prepared for next week

I did a quick check. It appears the new profession can only produce AD crate and Gold crate.
    I would make as much resonant, Tatum bags and enchanted coffers as possible and make as much gold as possible at the same time (doing leadership) before mod 15 arrives.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

No, none of those RP boxes can be produced in new Professions with the exception that you can create a Crate of Transmuted Gold with level 70 alchemy that's designed to donate to your guild. You make them in batches of 6 and each are worth 5 gold when you donate, and each one costs a base of 75 silver and 12 copper, and takes 3 Raw Gold Ingots and 1 Aureus Index to produce.

Each Raw Gold Ingot requires 4 Gold Sand and 69s 81c (based price) to create

The Aureus Index costs 69s 81c and requires Fine Parchment, Black Ink, and Gold Sand

Anyway............. you get the point. You're probably better off just donating 5 gold :)
  • Options
    Do unified elements and elemental fire, etc still used in mod 15 professions? To make power reinforcement kits?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Do unified elements and elemental fire, etc still used in mod 15 professions? To make power reinforcement kits?

No but they can be traded to get some currency to buy new material. Keeping old material is a good thing especially if you can get it cheap in mod 14.
  • Options
    K tyvm for all your advice
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    kinda stupid question lol but dnt the crown seals become the new currency in mod 15?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

kinda stupid question lol but dnt the crown seals become the new currency in mod 15?

No - new campaign currency is wooden tokens and acorns, and the new 600 IL armor is earned via IOUs you can get once a week by doing the new K-Team challenge (that's a specific dungeon run completed with in both Min IL and Hardcore mode - that is, everyone is scaled down to the minimum IL for the dungeon and one death of any kind ends the run immediately).
  • Options
    kvet said:

No - new campaign currency is wooden tokens and acorns, and the new 600 IL armor is earned via IOUs you can get once a week by doing the new K-Team challenge (that's a specific dungeon run completed with in both Min IL and Hardcore mode - that is, everyone is scaled down to the minimum IL for the dungeon and one death of any kind ends the run immediately).
    lol i kno all that i ment like wen mod 14 came out how evrythin strted givin seals of brave an the primal gear replaced the ally gear in seal tradee in pe..... well aint same thing happenin wit this mod?? crowns seals replaceing brave seals and manalord gear replacein primal? or no

• Options
    edited January 2019

kvet said:

lol i kno all that i ment like wen mod 14 came out how evrythin strted givin seals of brave an the primal gear replaced the ally gear in seal tradee in pe..... well aint same thing happenin wit this mod?? crowns seals replaceing brave seals and manalord gear replacein primal? or no

The answer is no.
    The 'regular' Seal vendor is still taking Seal of Brave and sell you Primal.
    Whatever (HE, dungeon, SH event, etc) that give Seal of Brave in mod 14 is still giving you Seal of Brave in mod 15.
  • Options

kvet said:

The answer is no.
    The 'regular' Seal vendor is still taking Seal of Brave and sell you Primal.
    Whatever (HE, dungeon, SH event, etc) that give Seal of Brave in mod 14 is still giving you Seal of Brave in mod 15.
    Darn oh well thnks bats