test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BIND problem

shadow2sp#1228 shadow2sp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
OK I finally got a decent drop (Girdle of Strength or whatever) and thought 'yay I can use this on my secondary character' so I went to upgrade it and it said 'this will bind it', read the warning text saying it will get bound to the character on equip and thought 'ok no problem, I want to use it on my account'....it even read bound (account) BUT by the time I ran to Protector's Enclave and went to the bank to deposit it into my shared account it now read bound (character) and wouldn't let me deposit it.

OK...so what happened? I never equipped the item to my character....I only upgraded it there because it was easier then transferring all my runestones over to the other character to do it there. Now its essentially taking up a Bank slot on my primary character because I can't move it where I wanted it to go. I'm also really peeved because I wasted like 12 greater enchanting stones and the required refining points and now I can't even use this item or salvage it....what is the deal with this bind system?

[UPDATE] OK so I see you want real QA work from players submitting. HA. Didn't expect that.

Repro Steps:
--------------------------
1) Get special item drop (eg. 'Girdle of Strength').
2) Look at special item and read it says 'Bind on Equip to Character'.
2) Try to upgrade and see warning about being bound. Nowhere does it say to 'Character' over 'Account'.
3) Successfully upgrade and see the status 'Bound (account)'
4) Upgrade a few times due to failures. -> see Failure twice, Success once. NOTE I didn't actually look at bound status again.
5) Go to Protector's Enclave Bank and attempt to deposit the item.

Expected Result: I would be able to deposit this in my shared account to use on my secondary player.
Actual Result: I was not able to deposit the item because it now read 'Bound (Character)'.

NOTE: I never equipped it to the character so you've got seriously misleading dialogs and warnings about binding here. If its not a 'Bug' it is a HUGE usability issue because upgrading is a costly process which will irritate a lot of players if its not done correctly.
Post edited by shadow2sp#1228 on

Comments

• Options
    shadow2sp#1228 shadow2sp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly I don't see why there is a 'bind to character' option at all. If I'm the user I should be able to move the item to any of my characters. If you think about it most equipment is class specific (except for rings, necklaces and belts) so most stuff is already bound to character even if its only bound to account because most players wouldn't have two characters of the same class. They would be trying different classes.

Anyway what's the real damage of being able to give older equipment to a secondary character or one of your companions? I mean did nobody have siblings in real life where they got hand-me-downs because they weren't the oldest? You're missing out on real life experiences. ;)
  • Options
    wddwxywddwxy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Most items you equip will bound to character. Whenever you upgrade equipment using refinement points, it will automatically bind to character, even if you just put points without actually upgrading. Even though you never equip the item, refining it binds to character. The only thing that does not bind using refinement are enchantments and runestones.