test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WHY WE NEED AN UPGRADE SYSTEM

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
1) PROFESSIONS
This just needs a major rework and restart, I can fill a whole page of things wrong. Star Trek Online's crafting system is like the holy grail compared to the snafu of this system. Oh its a gold sink you can use up 20 gold just doing daily moral and building lvl 70 suppliments and using the best artisan, and well worn albemic...because the artisans with the best proficency/focus all have super high commissions.
GUILD MASTERWORK
What happens when you have masterwork-10, and people tell others they will have to do 1-9 before they can do ten and that it will take them years.
You went from guild weapon set, to titansteel, to bronzewood....and all of them have the same set bonus. The only difference is their item level and stats. HEY GUESS HERE IT IS AGAIN, IF YOU HAD AN UPGRADE SYSTEM YOU WOULDN'T NEED TITANSTEEL AND BRONZEWOOD.
Much of the stuff in it isn't needed and only helped to screw up the whole profession system. You could have simplified it to just a guild option. If you want the best chance to make something you need to have leveled a super hard to find artifact(forgehammer of gond) to mythic and then hope it gives the right tool at the right time. The system was screwed up before and the new one made it even worse as far as I can see.
Really a well worn master work tool falls between an adamantine and a +1? You need the +1 to get the well worn tool, and its not as good. Also because you added all these new tools the next one isn't much better to help you out. The trick is farm AD to whatever you need to buy the legendary tools in auction.
What happens with the next big item level increase and you need stuff beyond bronzewood? You can't add new tools because you already have all the ones under legendary now. You got 5 now....a new one is bound to happen by next summer. I believe wanting to keep this stupid system helped to make the new professions system worse.
YOU KNOW ONCE AGAIN AN UPGRADE SYSTEM COULD ALSO FIX THIS PROBLEM TOO.

2) ITEM LEVEL (was a problem before mod 15)
You need to either get rid of it, or add in an upgrade system for lower items. You have it in Star Trek and people farm the annversary event for the upgrade items. This item level system is like the constant re-farming Blizzard pulled on its Diablo-3 people and so none of us play anymore. You needed a different system..but this system was flawed to begin with and many games dropped it for that reason.
No dungeon was every really run with the minimum item levels you set...so the system was flawed right there. People are still using lower item level stuff because of buffs or bonuses they need to survive in the game. I've kept a hunter ranger viable because of specific gear, and just keeping my base weapon damage to stay in pace with the game...but soon that will be impossible without an upgrade system.

3) OLDER ZONES (existing problem made worse in mod 15)
Everything in the older zones 95% is now useless. The new +1 system in professions made all old gear useless. A friend made a new character so I gave him +1 gear lvl=10 just to see how far he had to go before he needed updates...got beyond level 30 for a lot of it. The farming for currency in some cases is just terrible. You kill 30 monsters and the counter goes up 1% and the daily trial takes forever. River district is one of the worst because no one is there anymore.
Zones are still designed for when everyone is going to be there.
Not to mention you get gear at the end that is rusted and you have to restore that is useless. An upgrade system could solve this.

4) ARTIFACT SETS (numerous problems here even before mod 15)
"Thank you oh great adventurer, here is a relic of immense power, I know its rusted but with lots of game time you can restore it and use its great power."......ya right 95% or more of it is junk, because my artisans or at the auction I can buy item level 510 verisons with a +1 that make your stuff look like a toy without spending time to restore it. ONLY BRONZEWOOD, EXHALTED SETS, OR SUNSET WEAPONS SETS DO MORE DAMAGE AT LEGENDARY ONLY!! Really?? most of the +1 stuff sells now for under 50,000 AD in the auction, and at those prices its not worth it to restore and then spend all that time to refine a set. You could make the restore process a little easier. Thanks to the profession change I have sets that are impossible to get now..but worthless because of the low base dmg and stats. HEY GUESS WHAT AN UPGRADE SYSTEM CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM TOO!!.....isn't that interesting how one system is fixing problems.

5) DUNGEONS/TRIALS/ETC.
You want an option where people use the minimum item level to run the dungeon and not die once.....really? That sounds great till you reach the river distict mods and beyond because this is where you(cryptic) started designing dungeons to be so tough and challenging that many players just said screw it and the relic sets they give. Castle Ravenloft is designed to burn through resurrection scrolls...so its a dungeon designed as resurrection scroll sink.

This game is filled with more sinks than a mega hotel has with all its rooms.

One shot one kill and the player/team is dead is not fun for the player. These are not fun for most people and you can tell in chats when people are looking for 1 or 2 more for this dungeon...and having a hard time finding people.
No one runs epic demogorgon because the twisted set and all its stuff is useless. So they run normal and it dies in less than 5 seconds. PISST....(wispers)You know an upgrade system would solve this too! PSST....It would also help on other dungeons/trials/etc. too and the equipment there.
Not to mention how the profession change screwed up the chest rewards. Look we killed tiamat and got a broken dragon egg as an epic reward.

ONE SYSTEM CAN FIX MANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS...
An upgrade system can fix many of your problems. Heroic's in zones can give upgrade tokens/what ever it becomes. Dungeons/trials/etc. can also. If restoring sets or making sets were a little easier the real continued farming would be in upgrading it. You may also have less complaints on builds that still need work because maybe an old set fixes the problem for you.

Comments

• Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

You may also have less complaints on builds that still need work because maybe an old set fixes the problem for you.

Or you have a lot more complaints bc the old sets creating more problems ( i think everyone knows the "issue" we had with HV set ^^).

BTT:
    I dont want a upgrade system in NW.

Spidey
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    It is true that the quests from 1-2 modules ago should be checked. It's been a while since I could complete the 'Do a HE on Soshenstar River' quest, since noone seems to be running that and you need a lot of people to take down KoS or to get a chance at completing Camp Vengeance.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

It is true that the quests from 1-2 modules ago should be checked. It's been a while since I could complete the 'Do a HE on Soshenstar River' quest, since noone seems to be running that and you need a lot of people to take down KoS or to get a chance at completing Camp Vengeance.

Camp Vengeance HE is just too much lolz - in all my time there I never saw one completed succesfully. To be fair I only ever saw one attempt at it. I joined in just for fun and it was an epic fail.

Bad design in my opinion.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Camp Vengeance is a horrible design because of where it is, but as an HE it isn't that bad. Easier than KoS but you still need a number of people. KoS became standard early on and people just learned to ignore CV. A couple of strong players to clear the beach. Week players shuttle supplies, then zerg the 3 spots in turn, burn the boss, done.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother