test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plz, make auto-collect-loot optional!

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
Ok,

Thats nice for some players that are collecting all kind of stuff for refinement or selling for gold. But not all players are doing that and this "feature" is very annoying! It's not QOL when you need to stop in dung runs to get rid of useless green and blue items to get the loot from a boss fight.

We really need this to be an on and off option.

Comments

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I am not opposed to them adding an opt-out when it comes to loot; Someone doesn't want the drops that's fine by me. More for everyone else.
    Of course, it all comes down to how much work this would be. There comes a point that it just isn't worth the bother.

But seriously, how much hamster does someone have to be carrying around for a single dungeon run to cause them so much heartache when it comes to bag space?

Reading people complain about not having enough room just doesn't process for me.
    Buy bags to create more room.
    Buy bank space to create more bag space.

And when you get done with a run, take a minute to clear out whatever you picked up so you can get ready to run again.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Autoloot is the best thing yet to happen to game. Far less pressing F button, or people arguing over you being "slow" when you try to get loot.

It is another passive feature now which saves you time in dungeons.
    Click on "identify all", and it instantly converts to items useable for gold or RefP.
    If you don't like it then don't run over loot.

I see no logic in complaints about features that make life easier overall.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Have you read that I'm not asking to get rid of it but make it an option to turn on or off?
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Unfortunately, you can't avoid picking up loot by not running over it, in a public party. The loot rolls ignore loot settings, including ignoring the personal loot threshold you've got set.

So if I was one of the people who hate picking up green loot, I could avoid every single green thing and still get a pile of it from when *you* ran over it.

It does this for a good reason: Because who the "party leader" is in a public queue is random, you can't set your party loot settings to "leader decides" and take it all from your pug when you get lucky. However, because it ignores ALL the party loot settings, it also ignores the settings of players who are like "you know, I'm good, pass on the Peridots"

The obvious fix for both people who want no-autoloot and people who want autoloot is to have the personal need/greed Loot Threshold setting respected while in public parties.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If loot settings get adjusted, a good change would be to add a setting for RP items, distinct from Unidentified trash. A lot of people might want to pass on green equipment but still want Black Pearls.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User

I am not opposed to them adding an opt-out when it comes to loot; Someone doesn't want the drops that's fine by me. More for everyone else.
    Of course, it all comes down to how much work this would be. There comes a point that it just isn't worth the bother.

But seriously, how much hamster does someone have to be carrying around for a single dungeon run to cause them so much heartache when it comes to bag space?

Reading people complain about not having enough room just doesn't process for me.

And when you get done with a run, take a minute to clear out whatever you picked up so you can get ready to run again.

Clearly you have not been playing for years on end. If you have then you would see there is a ton of items that players do enjoy collecting and many that you can no longer get in game. Then you have go to items pots and potion overload glyph's. Think about it there are what 6+ thrones we can collect alone not to mention others. all the new novelties we just got this mod wands,new pots and potions, along with 2 new items from events.Then we have chult maps barovian posters oh and them voodoo dolls also from chult. (its a must keep all voodoo dolls !!!! :s )

Then many players that use loadouts can have 2 or more armor sets and weapons same goes for artifacts and other pots and potions. And i like to keep lots of extra insignia's and have many mythic artifacts i use to tweak stats as upgrades are added. Then we have stuff we save to use as a transmute in the future or something we think might become rare. And if you buy and sell at auction house or trade alot then you have even more stuff not to mention extra wards, extra pots, and potions. Really i have just grazed the top of why many players have maxed out bank and bags and still have inv issues. And good chance if you do have inv issues then you most likely see little value in the RP that comes from green vs the items you have all ready have and hold more value.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Clearly you have not been playing for years on end. If you have then you would see there is a ton of items that players do enjoy collecting and many that you can no longer get in game. Then you have go to items pots and potion overload glyph's. Think about it there are what 6+ thrones we can collect alone not to mention others. all the new novelties we just got this mod wands,new pots and potions, along with 2 new items from events.Then we have chult maps barovian posters oh and them voodoo dolls also from chult. (its a must keep all voodoo dolls !!!! :s )

Then many players that use loadouts can have 2 or more armor sets and weapons same goes for artifacts and other pots and potions. And i like to keep lots of extra insignia's and have many mythic artifacts i use to tweak stats as upgrades are added. Then we have stuff we save to use as a transmute in the future or something we think might become rare. And if you buy and sell at auction house or trade alot then you have even more stuff not to mention extra wards, extra pots, and potions. Really i have just grazed the top of why many players have maxed out bank and bags and still have inv issues. And good chance if you do have inv issues then you most likely see little value in the RP that comes from green vs the items you have all ready have and hold more value.
    I agree... for heavensake, turn off the auto-loot.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2018

When was the last time you wanted to waste time and attention avoiding running over loot in a middle of a busy mob fight?

I'm guessing... never.

No, this does not make life "easier" for most of us.
    Now that salvage is gone, most of us have 100s of thousands or millions of AD (correction RP... wishful thinking).
    Those 20 green items (at 50 RP each) are worthless and a total irritation. It just fills our bag space and wastes our time identifying and converting... not for the RP but just to get rid of that HAMSTER.

Like we don't have enough useless HAMSTER in our bags already.

Totally agree with OP. Make it a toggle on or off.
    Those who are scavengers , God bless you. Take my greens... please.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I agree there needs to be an option to turn off auto loot ON UNIDENTIFIED items only. RP gems stack very nicely and so don't take up much space, and gold takes no space at all. As a side note, trash gear/weps can be sold for gold very nicely. Since this mod requires alot of gold for workshop the trash gear is a great place to get it. Just swing by private cloak tower and sell them to the merchant in there.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018

You want people to buy bags and bank space as a solution? No chance.

It takes more than a minute to drop 100 green items that you dont have the scrolls to identify.

This green trash invasion is a pita for me and I have vip and alt army so I am not feeling the pain like the new players with one character and low bag space and very few identify scrolls will be feeling the pain.

What random dungeon or skirmish will result in you getting over 100 unidentified green drops?

Run a dungeon, clear out the stuff. Run another, clear out that stuff.

And remember, I said I was in favor of an opt-out.

Clearly you have not been playing for years on end.

"Years on end"? No. I have been here since beta but have taken breaks.

Value RP? Yes, I do, though I am generally a soloer outside of the random skirmish or dungeon run or what have you.
    (A bad guild experience really turned me off on the idea of joining a guild, working to help build it up, and then being relegated to second-class status or just kicked out because of decisions made by a person or people that I do not know in real life.)

But having the largest bags in every slot, maxed bank slots, and maxed shared slots is a lot of space, especially now that we have some slots set aside for fashion items.
    And that doesn't include storing items in the mail system.

There is "carrying around some loadouts and keeping some unique appearances for special RP occasions" and there is "I am a packrat that can not bring myself to part with anything that has a unique appearance even if I have never used it and can not think of an occasion where I might want to".