test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Divinity changes Mod15 – need help

odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Hello, i am playing on PS4, so i have no preview server to test changes. I need some help with the new divinity gain changes. It would be very kind, if someone can test a few things for me.

I use two times Blessing of Battles and one times Astral Seal in my rotation to fill up my divinity. At the moment I have four points in Bountiful Fortune und I use the class feature Divine Fortune tier 4. Now I’d like to know if it would be enough, if I put 3, 2, 1 or even no points in Bountiful Fortune while using Divine Fortune or perhaps is it enough, if I put four points in Bountiful Fortune and do not use Divine Fortune, so I can use another Class Feature? My goal is to fill up my divinity by using only the three attacks mentioned above.

thanks a lot

Odskyr

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    While it's not exactly what you're asking, I'd forget about Astral Seal. With the current state of Divinity changes, it's going to be difficult to max your pips in 3 casts of anything but Blessing of Battle, and I can't think of a compelling reason to make build changes just to be able to use Astral Seal.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Is there really no one outside who can help me or answer my question? :'(
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Is there really no one outside who can help me or answer my question? :'(

What @vorphied said is that 3x BoB results in full PIP bar. So drop Astral Seal and use use BoS 3x. Outside of DG you rarely need any heals in most groups. If you need extra heals go ahead and throw a Astral Seal in the mix but I rarely now use it in most content I run.
  • Options
    gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    2 points in Bountiful Fortune - 2x BoB and 1x AS
    3 points in Bountiful Fortune -1x BoB and 2x AS
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    But why should i use 2x BoB directly behind each other. Does the effect of battle favor stack? I gues no. So i prefer casting 1x BoB and 1x AS in my rotation. No matter if it's usefull or not. I think it's just as usefull as 2x BoB. And therefore i asked if somebody can check it on preview, because i cant do it on console.

@gryzella - thank you very much. that is exactly what i was looking for :)
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2018

But why should i use 2x BoB directly behind each other. Does the effect of battle favor stack? I gues no. So i prefer casting 1x BoB and 1x AS in my rotation. No matter if it's usefull or not. I think it's just as usefull as 2x BoB. And therefore i asked if somebody can check it on preview, because i cant do it on console.

@gryzella - thank you very much. that is exactly what i was looking for :)

Putting aside for the moment the question of whether or not it's useful to be casting AS, the second part of what gryzella said needs some context.

3 points in Bountiful Fortune with Divine Fortune class feature equipped will not give you a full 3 pips at base value while casting 1x BoB and 2x AS; you end up the tiniest bit short.

If your Avatar of the Divine is active, as it should be most of the time, you will hit your full pip at the end, but you need to be aware that any downtime in Avatar will force you to change your rotation to 2x BoB 1x AS or to cast a fourth At-Will.

All of this is somewhat academic since there isn't any point to casting AS (truly - it's better just to extend the buff uptime on BoB by another second even if usually redundant), but you'll want to take Avatar into account while planning your build and rotations if you prefer to keep AS part of your regular rotation.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    PS4 players can get on preview. You don't need anyone to test this for you. Of course you can't transfer your character but you can make a new one.
  • Options
    putzboy78 said:

PS4 players can get on preview.

Can you please tell me how this should go? I don't have a PC where i can play Neverwinter.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    step one, buy a pc. they are cheaper than a PS4. you don't need to run at max settings to play neverwinter

step two setup an account

step three log onto preview

step four play neverwinter