test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you start the new profession system?

yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited November 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I went ahead with the quest and I am about to check 5 new applications for my workshop. I can't accept or decline any of them because it says "you must advance the tutorial before you may use this feature". But I am done with the tutorial or at least I don't understand what other tutorial he's talking about.
Post edited by yashmak#1787 on

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Check your Journal for tasks you need to complete - talk to your retainer. My best ideas on this :)
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Have you opened the Professions Starter Kit in your inventory. You receive this after speaking to your retainer.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes good idea ^^
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Retainer has nothing to say, my journal says I have to accept applications and yes I opened my profession starter kit. I guess the quest is stuck I can't even abbandon it to take it again, there are so many bugs every time, compared to a few years ago this game has become an epicenter for bugs... :'(
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User
    Accept applications: go into your office, have a seat, and start going through your available applications.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    greywynd said:

Accept applications: go into your office, have a seat, and start going through your available applications.

the bug is right there. Both buttons are disabled, it says I need to complete the turorial first and the tutorial says I need to accept the applications. I can't abbandon the tutorial. I am stuck.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    No green boxes that need clicking?
  • Options
    mintmark said:

No green boxes that need clicking?

No green clickable boxes.
  • Options
    hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I am having a similar problem. I have completed the first 8 things to do in the Running a Workshop quest. I have one left which says: Take Your item from the Delivery Box. When I go to the Delivery Box it will not allow me to take anything. When I click on something to take it, it states: "Proceed in the tutorial to collect things". Um...how do I access the tutorial??
  • Options
    sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I am doing fine on 1 character, but the other is stuck on gathering. Can't get any of my lazy apprentices to get out and get to work. I talk to the foreman and he tells me to hire people, and I already have. The quest log tells me to send them out to gather, but they won't go. I have plenty of cash, morale is maxed, plenty of tools, the gathering is growing cobwebs and the lazy sods just want to drink beer and smoke weed. What do I do?
  • Options
    Still waiting for an answer. First toon is a leatherworker and having no troubles. Second is a blacksmith and can't get the gatherers to go out and gather a thing. Stuck here and it is really frustrating but afraid to abandon the quest. Need help badly.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If you loot at the worktable, do you see "Deliveries 12/12" at the bottom, like this

If you do, congratulations - you found one of the two showstopper bugs. What happened is that your delivery box filled up before you got to the point in the quest chain where you can take anything from it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    No, I don't have that box :( I have the lazy gatherer bug instead. My foreman tells me to keep hiring lazy bums and the quest log tells me to make them gather supplies. It's a Catch 22 of madness.
  • Options
    I take it back. Doh! I do have that lovely box. So now what?
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    If you can't get into the delivery box try the following command:
    /gensendMessage Deliverybox_Root show