test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workshop T3/T4 Question

viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

Hello

Has anyone got a more or less correct answer on this?

I mean. The credit items you can sell for credit to upgrade change every day. So, you have to have a truck load of different things in order to make the things that are today to use your morale and may be leave some on auto-run to sell before next refresh.

Does anyone knows if Workshop T3 gives a chance of uncommon may be sometimes rare applications?

And workshop T4 to give uncommon.rare and sometimes applications?
Someone in my Allience said tonight that he had workshop T4 on preview and had only grays still. And dev blog said that workshop tier 3/4 gives a chance of uncommon/rare/epic applicants.

Is here then a difference between how it was u[upgraded?
If I understand dev blog correctly and sometimes I don't

Thank you all

Comments

• blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    To do items epic quality you need the recipes level III - the ones that you can buy from NPC at Stronghold (after upgrade the professions giving him the items he asks for)...

Upgrade the Workshop gives you more slots for tasks and more workers... The tasks you can do ruled by your profession level upgrade and the recipe books...
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    blodvern said:

To do items epic quality you need the recipes level III - the ones that you can buy from NPC at Stronghold (after upgrade the professions giving him the items he asks for)...

Upgrade the Workshop gives you more slots for tasks and more workers... The tasks you can do ruled by your profession level upgrade and the recipe books...

I am not talking about masterwork

Is it true or not that at level 3 and 4 you get uncommon rare and epic applications?
    I don't do masterwork at all I just want to find out if higher workshop level gives you other quality of applications other then just common
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

blodvern said:

Is it true or not that at level 3 and 4 you get uncommon rare and epic applications?
    I don't do masterwork at all I just want to find out if higher workshop level gives you other quality of applications other then just common
    I'm at level 3 and I get blue, but also still gray, applicants.

I would think at level 4 you have a chance to get epic applicants.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Technically yes, but it's a very low chance. You'll be waiting a while. On a good note, if you're not MCing, you won't necessarily need higher quality artisans.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Hello

I mean. The credit items you can sell for credit to upgrade change every day. So, you have to have a truck load of different things in order to make the things that are today to use your morale and may be leave some on auto-run to sell before next refresh.

Does anyone knows if Workshop T3 gives a chance of uncommon may be sometimes rare applications?

Someone in my Allience said tonight that he had workshop T4 on preview and had only grays still. And dev blog said that workshop tier 3/4 gives a chance of uncommon/rare/epic applicants.

Thank you all

Billing commission for AD is the fastest way.

500000 AD for WS T3
    5000000 AD for WS T4 (Not sure if T4 is worth it).

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    OK, I upgraded my workshop from level 2 to level 3 and I have since have some blue applicants. Hooray :)

To finance the upgrade you might find an item that can be bought directly and cheaply with legacy material tokens... I took advantage of Lady Begum's insatiable appetite for fish glue.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

Hello

Thank you all

500000 AD for WS T3

I can't see the reason for T3--what is the benefit? It looks like a huge gold sink unless all of your old stuff can be turned into the items for the commission. Is there any benefit to your artisan's abilities like focus or speed or commission?
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @aslan3775 said:
    > I can't see the reason for T3--what is the benefit? It looks like a huge gold sink unless all of your old stuff can be turned into the items for the commission. Is there any benefit to your artisan's abilities like focus or speed or commission?

The benefit from ranking up to 3 and then 4 is in the ability to hire more (possibly better) artisans and the increase in the size of your delivery box. Of course, it's not necessary and you could probably get by with 14 artisans and 18 slots in the delivery box.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    on a side note here, anyone know what time Lady Begum changes her commissions over?
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
    aslan3775 said:

Hello

Thank you all

500000 AD for WS T3

I can't see the reason for T3--what is the benefit? It looks like a huge gold sink unless all of your old stuff can be turned into the items for the commission. Is there any benefit to your artisan's abilities like focus or speed or commission?
    I got 1 epic on T4; rng on applicants looks the same as zen pack (but they are not at max lvl).

I say it worth T3, but T4 is just a waste.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    What is she in the workshop for? Who can explain to me?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I upgraded most of my alts to workshop level 3 - only going to go for level 4 for one of them, as she has a Mythic Forgehammer, and max rank Masterwork in all professions. I am around 60% finished with the progress to rank 4, but it will take a few more days to finish...and that is without spending any AD.

Here is how:

Before mod 15, I had stocked up on old profession materials. Specifically, I spent a pile of GMs on pelts (18.5K GM gave you a million pelts). The original idea was to exchange them in the new mod, buy Soot and sell that for gold. Well, the sale price of Soot was cut significantly just before release so that didn't work, but after I exchanged the pelts, I had over 800.000 credits on each alt.

Those were the alts that I had been using for Leadership farming, so they all had 9 profession slots unlocked, and max rank in Leadership, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and typically one more profession. I then took the 9 vouchers I had and got workers in the professions they had maxed.

Every day I take one worker (in most cases it is the blue -75% commission Jewelcrafter one) and exchange some of the credits I have for enough materials to make 20-25 copies of whatever the corresponding task is for the day. I do 10-12 right away (just using available Morale...no spending AD) and start the rest...let it run for some hours. I do get the occasional failure, as my alts only have a 93% chance of success, but I also get the occasional +1. Now, I then mail the results over to my main, who turns them in for credit. It will take me a few days more to get to rank 4, but this is a relatively painless approach.

Without the alts it would take a lot, lot longer.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    jandemann said:

on a side note here, anyone know what time Lady Begum changes her commissions over?

The same time as the day resets.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

There is an issue where under certain circumstances Lady Begum could remain in your workshop after completing a quest. (It is intentional that some NPCs stay in your workshop after you complete a quest until you speak to them. However, if she's not going away, that is a bug.)

I believe the issue you are experiencing should be fixed in tomorrow's build, but if you can message me the name of the character and account experiencing this issue I would be glad to take a look and ensure your issue is fixed next week if it's not fixed tomorrow.
    I am also stuck with Lady Begum in my Workshop after I upgraded it to level 4. She came over to congratulate me, and now I cannot get rid of her.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I upgraded most of my alts to workshop level 3 - only going to go for level 4 for one of them, as she has a Mythic Forgehammer, and max rank Masterwork in all professions. I am around 60% finished with the progress to rank 4, but it will take a few more days to finish...and that is without spending any AD.

Here is how:

Before mod 15, I had stocked up on old profession materials. Specifically, I spent a pile of GMs on pelts (18.5K GM gave you a million pelts). The original idea was to exchange them in the new mod, buy Soot and sell that for gold. Well, the sale price of Soot was cut significantly just before release so that didn't work, but after I exchanged the pelts, I had over 800.000 credits on each alt.

Those were the alts that I had been using for Leadership farming, so they all had 9 profession slots unlocked, and max rank in Leadership, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and typically one more profession. I then took the 9 vouchers I had and got workers in the professions they had maxed.

Every day I take one worker (in most cases it is the blue -75% commission Jewelcrafter one) and exchange some of the credits I have for enough materials to make 20-25 copies of whatever the corresponding task is for the day. I do 10-12 right away (just using available Morale...no spending AD) and start the rest...let it run for some hours. I do get the occasional failure, as my alts only have a 93% chance of success, but I also get the occasional +1. Now, I then mail the results over to my main, who turns them in for credit. It will take me a few days more to get to rank 4, but this is a relatively painless approach.

Without the alts it would take a lot, lot longer.

This is very much how I am currently going about it +1 to you.....however, I'm focusing on getting all my toons to lvl 3, using this method with no ad, it's been taking me about 2 days per toon to get it done (all my toons had max leadership prior and jewelcrafting at lvl 25) two toons have some sort of MW which will get levelled to WS 4 eventually....not rushing this though...nope....5m.....x2.....ooof…..I already feel like I'm spending too much time on this side of the new mod vs. running for AD as usual :joy:
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
    edited November 2018
    asterdahl said:

There is an issue where under certain circumstances Lady Begum could remain in your workshop after completing a quest. (It is intentional that some NPCs stay in your workshop after you complete a quest until you speak to them. However, if she's not going away, that is a bug.)

I believe the issue you are experiencing should be fixed in tomorrow's build, but if you can message me the name of the character and account experiencing this issue I would be glad to take a look and ensure your issue is fixed next week if it's not fixed tomorrow.
    She still appear after update. She got new friends now.
    I've sent a PM.

Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

I'm seeing the same thing, but only on my main (tanya@adinosii) which has workshiop rank 4, but not my other 7 crafters which are at rank 3.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

Focus allows your workers to produce +1 products.

Negative speed makes the task take longer, while plus speeds make it take a shorter amount of time.

Negative commission means that the worker is happy having a job (cost you less to do the job). Positive commissions means that the workers tend to be greedy bastiches that want you to pay for their ego (cost you a lot more to do the job).

The best workers have high focus, high speed and low commission.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Focus allows your workers to produce +1 products.

Negative speed makes the task take longer, while plus speeds make it take a shorter amount of time.

Negative commission means that the worker is happy having a job (cost you less to do the job). Positive commissions means that the workers tend to be greedy bastiches that want you to pay for their ego (cost you a lot more to do the job).

The best workers have high focus, high speed and low commission.

That's not the answer to the question, though. The benefits to +3/+4 are just that you get more spaces in the delivery box and a chance to get random applications from rare (blue) or epic (purple) artisans.

That's all.

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User

asterdahl said:

I've sent a PM.

If you talk to the 2 new guys they will leave the workshop. But Begum will stay behind as always

asterdahl said:

I've sent a PM.

If you talk to the 2 new guys they will leave the workshop. But Begum will stay behind as always
    Thanks to @asterdahl
    This has been fixed for me.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 300 Arc User
    I have all 3 npc's hanging around in my level 4 workshop also. (char Herb Me)
    Lady Begum, Tress, and the materials vendor dude.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

blodvern said:

On Preview I Never got Uncommons, but at Rank 3 got many Rares, a lot more commons and maybe 1 Epic.

Just hype about it. But its prob WC..
    any advice?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @someonedies I don't care how proficient or focused they are, a +200% commission will never work for me.
    @mdarkangel#4696 yeah you're right, I trashed it; kinda weird stats for gathering.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

@someonedies I don't care how proficient or focused they are, a +200% commission will never work for me.

Yeah, with that high a commission modifier, those artisans make using them for all but the cheapest tasks (such as gathering Copper Ore or making Copper/Bronze ingots) completely unaffordable. Not that I am keeping any that have a 200% commission modifier, mind you. I have a hard time justifying keeping any that have 50% or higher commission modifier.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Yeah, with that high a commission modifier, those artisans make using them for all but the cheapest tasks (such as gathering Copper Ore or making Copper/Bronze ingots) completely unaffordable. Not that I am keeping any that have a 200% commission modifier, mind you. I have a hard time justifying keeping any that have 50% or higher commission modifier.
    I don't even want to hire 0% commission. I more or less only hire negative commission. Anyone that is not will be fired as soon as a better one is available.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***