test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod15 feedback

bigwar2bigwar2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Ok i will do my best at keeping this sober, first lets start with the good stuff.

Overall i really do like the things that you have done in mod15, i do like the ad+rp on lvl overload reward, end of dungeon chest content seems balanced, and the new leveling event going on it absolutely brilliant, good work on those.

What i on the other hand is very negative about is the professions makeover. You make a change that more or less drops all players profession into an open black hole. It is now officially impossible to get anything useful out of professions with out having to take a degree in how to use it. I have rarely seen anything this time consuming and utterly dissapointing. I have been in this game since it more or less launched and i feel like everything we the regular players have worked on, is now just being ignored and we have all been reset into an oblivion of a profession system that i likely will never use, i simply deny to use 2/3 of my valuable playing time in trying to figure out and keep track of the this new system. Please do revert this back.

Comments

• dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    LOL every zone you go to you hear the same thing every where it is not well liked by very many. It will hurt guilds now also seeing how many like myself will no longer be doing AD chests to donate. Also with the lose of salvage what good are guild marks now ? I only did them to turn in and get the crappy gear to salvage. Same goes for places like chult once you get your boons the only reason to go there was the treasure maps that might get you a piece you could get a few RAD from. Would be nice if they could hire designers that know what and actully played D&D .The last mod that was fun was Well of Dragons everything after that is just a boring mind numbing beat your head off the wall grinds that you just wanted to get over with.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Mod 15 VIP changes:

Prior to mod 15, a player with VIP used to get a handful of epic dungeon keys and as a player leveled up their VIP the number of epic dungeon keys would increase.

Now it appears as if regardless of a player's VIP level, anyone opening a VIP character reward gets ONE chest reroll token...

Is that right?
    DD~
  • bigwar2bigwar2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Mod 15 VIP changes:

Prior to mod 15, a player with VIP used to get a handful of epic dungeon keys and as a player leveled up their VIP the number of epic dungeon keys would increase.

Now it appears as if regardless of a player's VIP level, anyone opening a VIP character reward gets ONE chest reroll token...

Is that right?

No that still depends on VIP Rank how many you get, 3x reroll tokens is dropping for me everyday at rank12

• cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    There are a few things I like, I'm one of the people that appreciates walk over loot. I don't mind the re-roll system instead of keys, I had thousands across my account, so would never use them. Salvage being removed I don't like, but the only solution I can see for them to not have stuff moved between characters would have been to make it all BtC, and really I don't think BtC should exist, everything bound should be to account.

The new campaign is nothing more than jumping through low level cheesy hoops to get some boons. I'm not a fan of them constantly loading up our bags. This mod once again throws obnoxious amounts of trash at us with some sort of misguided belief that they are "rewarding" us. The recruitment event: taking a pass thanks, because everything has been so alt hostile that it makes zero sense for me to add a new toon.... so I can't say I'm motivated to chase those rewards, especially given how much has been taken away or changed (badly in the case of some classes, looking at you TR).

The professions system I'm sorry to say I dislike. So many have pointed out where it could have been at least "ok" but as it is right now, it just isn't fun. I know some folks are excited for it, but personally I am here to adventure not dedicate ludicrous amounts of my precious gaming time to crafting in a system that is counter to quality of life improvements. The whole crafting system seems like a stand alone game for a smartphone (if it wasn't so riddled with bugs and such a bad tutorial).

Yet again we are shown that preview forum feedback is given little to no regard. It felt ominously similar to late mod 5 in the build up to launch, and now that it is here, it's definitely the same vibe. I am struggling to defend anything that people are complaining about in guild, alliance and various channel chats. Feedback is not positive, it feels the same as mod 6 all over. People seem unhappy and I can't say I disagree. I checked out Skyforge back then but hung in nonetheless cuz I still liked playing the game. This time though, I am finding that I have more fun watching my kid play RDR2 on PS4 than even logging in. This game could be so great if it wasn't for so many bad decisions over the years. So my two cents, this mod is a resounding fail.

• badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I don't mind the walk over auto loot, I'd just like the range to be increased to say within 5 feet of your character. Nothing to say on the re-roll tokens, I never used the keys, will never use the tokens.

I have no interest in the new campaign. It's being run by 2 (redacted) so, (redacted) them and the horse they rode in on! I don't go in for abuse in real life, why would I put up with it in a game?

I'm not going to invest in the new professions system on ANY new characters. It's frustrating enough on my established chars' why would I go through that on a new char'? Again I don't put up with abuse in real life, take it put of the game, please.

What's going on with the drops? My new char, built to try out the recruitment event, cannot get a drop to save his life. Field mobs, the ones not in a dungeon, just don't drop anything worth while, just treasure, barely worth picking up! You've got to go into a quest dungeon to get anything to drop, even that isn't worth much, the vendor trash mightn't have been worth much but, at least it dropped!

The more I play this game the more I get the feeling that you don't want solo or casual players in your game. Well, guess what? Keep going the way you are and you wont have them! Or your game!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    bigwar2 said:

dionchi said:

Mod 15 VIP changes:

Is that right?

No that still depends on VIP Rank how many you get, 3x reroll tokens is dropping for me everyday at rank12

OK thanks, I'm only rank 2 and just get one. I was hoping it wasn't one per character regardless of rank.

DD~
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    They want to kill the guilds because you will not get stuff you can donate to the guild from profession without spending gold.
    Thats stupid and no fun to level a guild next they took away the vouchers from the LB. you only get 2 vochers now fron the new lockboxes. compare what you got from old LB to the new system. They reduce what you get out of one key.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I tried to find my way into professions but all can say so far is:
    1. It feels like loosing 90% of all the work I dumbed into it and all I can pull out are some peridots, that I could earn in a minute doing dungeons or dailies.
    2. On one char I can´t get rid of those green window asking me to open that "Profession Starter Kit".. not game breaking but annoying

Maybe some will build arround it and devellop an army of peridot-slaves, doing nothing else, but that sounds pretty low-fun.
    And maybe some will have fun doing masterwork pieces up and down all day, I don´t.
    Only reason to even care about professions for me was leaderwork, wich was an acceptable time concerning time/AD ratio.
    My actual state atm : " RIP professions " ... but I will try on some time
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    My 16K TR has been wrecked, all the time spent opening up each of the professions was a total waste, not enjoying the new complicated system and the new content Aquisitions Inc is a joke. I have enjoyed NW for many years but really this new mod is a total punch in the face. wont be wasting anymore of my time/money.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Cryptic has gone Disney with dnd...

Epic fail...

Disney, you say?

• lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Crafting SUX big time they might just lose a lot of cash looking at all the people thaat hate this DOWNGRADE
  • blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    bigwar2 said:

Ok i will do my best at keeping this sober, first lets start with the good stuff.

Overall i really do like the things that you have done in mod15, i do like the ad+rp on lvl overload reward, end of dungeon chest content seems balanced, and the new leveling event going on it absolutely brilliant, good work on those.

What i on the other hand is very negative about is the professions makeover. You make a change that more or less drops all players profession into an open black hole. It is now officially impossible to get anything useful out of professions with out having to take a degree in how to use it. I have rarely seen anything this time consuming and utterly dissapointing. I have been in this game since it more or less launched and i feel like everything we the regular players have worked on, is now just being ignored and we have all been reset into an oblivion of a profession system that i likely will never use, i simply deny to use 2/3 of my valuable playing time in trying to figure out and keep track of the this new system. Please do revert this back.

Imagine such thing in America....

You are a businessman, an entrepeneur and, after work hard and make a lot of investiments ($$$$) - in factory structures

(leveling up) and machines (tools), training employees and accquiring supplies, to build some companies that produces

quality items to the market (both, essential and "luxury" items you can make, needed and desired by many people in

society...), now you are a well-stabillished capitalist businessman and manage your production and investiments, keeping

an eye in your busines to assure the profit...

Then, the Government come and directly interfere in the market, changing the products you can manufacture and the way you

can do that; making you exchange all your raw materials stock - all materials you had, no longer can be used and all your

machines (tools), that also can no longer be used in production. You need to buy new tools and, if you want high-quality

ones, you only can buy them from Government, once you no longer can improove the quality the ones you have - worst, you

cannot chose the tool you buy, you just open a box and take a chace....

The Government make changes in labor law too... Now, you can only hire workers via a kind of sindicate - and you must

accept the employees they send to you - no the one with the proficience/habilities you need, but one that they want to

foist you. Sure, you can refuse the worker, but they won't go replace he/she for another: you must wait until they send a

new shipment of (random, again) candidates to the jobs. In addition, is the sindicate that establishes the remuneration of

employees (no "free negotiation" here... Lol!) Again, you can "buy"/hire new workers from government, paying for a chace

in a box - well, at least in such box you can choose the worker habilities...

At last, to improove your business, now you must accquire credits from a company (that, at the end, belongs to the

Government), handing them the itens they request (and the list changes every day, then you can't do long-term plans for

production)....

Hummmm.... It sounds like comunism? (Yes, for me too...) ;)

That's what the developers did to Neverwinter's economy! Lol!!!
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I recently was reading/watching some blogs/vlogs about WotC reception in lots of areas: D&D-wise, MTG-wise and videogame-wise. As propably many of you know (or not) WotC is owned by Hasbro. And there are tons of rumours in recent months that Hasbro wants to get rid of WotC (sell them) because of massive quality issues in every area of WotC products.

D&D rulebooks are literally falling apart, Magic The Gathering cards quality has gone south. People are complaining about rushed production process, low production cost policy and high prices. Sounds famillar to you guys? Cause it sounds lots like NWO in recent mods which is on WotC license and from what we can take out of the interviews and posts of Cryptic crew: WotC has a lot to say when it comes to development of this game.

Few months ago, Wizards of the Coast fired their vice-chairman who was responsible for quality, as they wanted to calm Hasbro. Like it would mean "our quality will be good now, promise!". But nothing of it changed, new D&D adventure (Dragon Heist) I ordered fell apart after I just opened cover and rumour has it that Hasbro sees WotC as a "rotten apple" and will sell them, cause they do not see how WotC will be ever higher than now.

So if you ask, what's in it for Neverwinter? I would say: get used to HAMSTER content and trying to milk your money on various way. I don't blame Cryptic for having limited resources on NWO since WotC forced them to swap their crew to MTG game. I blame Cryptic for lack of respect and transparency. And that I find much more offensive then buggy content.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I recently was reading/watching some blogs/vlogs about WotC reception in lots of areas: D&D-wise, MTG-wise and videogame-wise. As propably many of you know (or not) WotC is owned by Hasbro. And there are tons of rumours in recent months that Hasbro wants to get rid of WotC (sell them) because of massive quality issues in every area of WotC products.

D&D rulebooks are literally falling apart, Magic The Gathering cards quality has gone south. People are complaining about rushed production process, low production cost policy and high prices. Sounds famillar to you guys? Cause it sounds lots like NWO in recent mods which is on WotC license and from what we can take out of the interviews and posts of Cryptic crew: WotC has a lot to say when it comes to development of this game.

Few months ago, Wizards of the Coast fired their vice-chairman who was responsible for quality, as they wanted to calm Hasbro. Like it would mean "our quality will be good now, promise!". But nothing of it changed, new D&D adventure (Dragon Heist) I ordered fell apart after I just opened cover and rumour has it that Hasbro sees WotC as a "rotten apple" and will sell them, cause they do not see how WotC will be ever higher than now.

So if you ask, what's in it for Neverwinter? I would say: get used to HAMSTER content and trying to milk your money on various way. I don't blame Cryptic for having limited resources on NWO since WotC forced them to swap their crew to MTG game. I blame Cryptic for lack of respect and transparency. And that I find much more offensive then buggy content.

Perfect World / Cryptic are not subsidiaries of Hasbro / WotC. The D&D content is licensed just like the Star Trek stuff is. Now what might be happening if you are seeing a diminishing quality for D&D physical products and a "squeezing' of profits is that WotC might have increased the licensing cost for the D&D IP to PW. PW is at first a business and so have to have positive profit margins to exist. If the licensing fee goes up for D&D then that extra money has to come from somewhere.

Not suggesting that is the case but that would be more of the reason then WotC directly directing anything to PW other than how to use their IP.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Didn't get to open the chest in 3 dungeons out of 5. Wonderful...

More of my team mates have suffered similar problems.

Makes running dungeons so much fun now.

I do enjoy this Mod so far, so little amount of bugs and the love my TR got, oh boy. ;)
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke