test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why the Neverember's recuitment event?

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
edited November 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I really do not understand the mix signals cryptic is sending. First they completely kill of alts with the ad nerf (incl salvage nerf) then the take away alt professions for normal players (not bis prof players)

NOW they give an event that rewards you for making alts.

What do they want us to do. Play with alts or not? Or is this just another planned ad/zen sink to remove money from the market(like the broom ad cost after hours of farming and many other ad sinks in this mod)
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I think you probably answered your own question.

They knew the nerfs would drive players to kill alts, or decide there's no need to create more alts. And alts probably drive more Zen sales (which is the ultimate goal for them).

So they needed to create a new reason to create alts. Hence - the recruitment inducements to create new alts. I will admit, I created a new GF alt in part just to see the inducements.
  • Options
    faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    They want to create an incentive for new players to stay since so many old players have left.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    IMO, this is more for the existing players who do not want to do too much with crafting. If you are not going to do crafting, what else can you do in mod 15? Not much. Go back to do mod 14 stuff? Hence, they give you something to do. At least, this gives me an incentive to make my 7th main. I don't want to touch the new stuff until at least the situation settles.

For the brand new player, they don't even understand the 'incentive' since they have not played the game.

IMO, mod 15 does not kill the 'alts'. This probably kills the 'alts' that does not do much beyond leadership and AD bonus pool. Mod 15 make playable alts more important because you can play them to take advantage of their AD bonus pool. I am the one who does not earn any rAD if there is no AD bonus to cover the earning. Hence, having 6 mains has an edge over 1 main because it takes time to accumulate AD bonus pool. Of course, if 1 main can earn over 100K rAD on his own daily in average in mod 15, that does not really matter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

IMO, this is more for the existing players who do not want to do too much with crafting. If you are not going to do crafting, what else can you do in mod 15? Not much. Go back to do mod 14 stuff? Hence, they give you something to do. At least, this gives me an incentive to make my 7th main. I don't want to touch the new stuff until at least the situation settles.

For the brand new player, they don't even understand the 'incentive' since they have not played the game.

IMO, mod 15 does not kill the 'alts'. This probably kills the 'alts' that does not do much beyond leadership and AD bonus pool. Mod 15 make playable alts more important because you can play them to take advantage of their AD bonus pool. I am the one who does not earn any rAD if there is no AD bonus to cover the earning. Hence, having 6 mains has an edge over 1 main because it takes time to accumulate AD bonus pool. Of course, if 1 main can earn over 100K rAD on his own daily in average in mod 15, that does not really matter.

I play multiple alts and the new professions take to much of my time and thus prevents me from playing them. The AD nerfs and account wide AD also makes it pretty dreadfull to have multiple toons. I really love playing multi toons, but they have made it unpleasant to pley on your alts as you must grind for a broom or grind for 100k or grind or grind. Now grind was always part of the game the problem is you could spread the grind over alts if you are getting bit frustrated with your op you can jump on your sw , or gwf or dc. Sadly mod 15 KILLS that off. You have to spend most of your time on 1 toon professions.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    mynaam said:

I play multiple alts and the new professions take to much of my time and thus prevents me from playing them. The AD nerfs and account wide AD also makes it pretty dreadfull to have multiple toons. I really love playing multi toons, but they have made it unpleasant to pley on your alts as you must grind for a broom or grind for 100k or grind or grind. Now grind was always part of the game the problem is you could spread the grind over alts if you are getting bit frustrated with your op you can jump on your sw , or gwf or dc. Sadly mod 15 KILLS that off. You have to spend most of your time on 1 toon professions.
    I did leadership in 12 toons. In which I play 6 of them and they are all my main (as they all finished all the campaign and fully equipped and do all content). At this moment, I do not plan to jump into crafting right the way because I consider it is buggy and not well document what to do. However, I expect (or dream) when the situation is settled down, I will be able to figure out an easy path to do profession. I expect once I learn and understand it, the daily time I spend on profession will be a lot less than before. Yes, I can be dreaming. Yes, the initial learning curve can be long but I only need to pick one toon to learn first before I populate the knowledge across the other toons.

Anyway, I am not in hurry to do the profession. In the meanwhile, this new character can fill the gap. Since I am not doing leadership for 12 toon anymore, I have extra half an hour to an hour everyday,
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***