test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverember's Recruitment Event question

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11012733

Does this actually mean new accounts, or will these awards apply to new characters being created on existing accounts? The article refers to characters, but I wanted to clarify whether it really meant characters (including new alts created tomorrow after maintenance) or if this is an event aimed at new players only.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I would expect that would also apply to existing account. New player (who never plays Neverwinter) probably would not notice this announcement at all or what kind of value it represents. Hence, if this is for new account only, its promotion value is pretty low. In addition, it promotes certain reward is account wide.

My personal question is: what is considered a new character? The wording is "Any new characters who login in during ...". The keyword is "login" and not "is created".

A character created after tomorrow only?
    A character who is level X (such as level 4) and below?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I, too, was wondering the same thing, as you stated it says "character" in the feed, I also am curious, since those of us that are lvl 70 have to "catch up" to our level on this, does the 2nd part of it apply to us or only "new" characters or accounts
  • Options
    rangerlenierrangerlenier Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    vague as usual, i dont have any slots left and there is no way i am going to spend more money.. they probably thought that as they have trashed so many classes this time, everyone will want to rush a new GWF to 70
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Sounds like Neverwinter has begun copying STO. Sounds exactly like one of the recruitment events over there.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    If it's actually a recruitment event (aka, aimed at bringing in new players), then it very well could apply to new accounts. The wording isn't clear though.

Basically this: I have 20 toons and have been playing this game since alpha, so I am the opposite of a new player. If I create a new character tomorrow after maintenance, will I get to benefit from this event or... not?
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    That explains the incentive vendor on preview then. UES is in there. Several other things too but UES is what I had my eye on...lol
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @kvet I saw your edit and decided to check on preview and this is what the calendar says......"new characters created during this event will receive bonus rewards while leveling up..." not too sure if that will be changed, also it stated in there that the items are account bound and that "...an account can receive a maximum of 200 Neverember incentives", hopefully that is correct, the stuff is pretty decent, I think I might create a new character since I have some open slots.
  • Options
    Agreed. I have all the alts I could need (especially given profession changes making alts nearly obsolete) but I'll probably try out soemthing like a halfling SW or a moon elf GF, or half-orc CW... something random like that anyway. I mean, why not? Leveling is cake and I more or less ignore my alts aside from DR and Sharandar weeklies :)