test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Advanced Queue resulted in a run with 4 DPS, no tank.

lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
This afternoon, I queued with a group of 4 for Random Advanced. Our group was GWF, GWF, HR, OP(Devotion) - so, 3 DPS and a healer. We were queuing hoping to pick up a random tank from the queue.

We got into an in-progress MSP run, which had gotten stuck at Kabal with 18 minutes on the timer, where only one member of the original team was still in the dungeon: an SW.

.... so we were in MSP with 4 DPS and a healer.

We won handily because we were overgeared and knew our stuff, but I thought 4 DPS runs weren't supposed to be possible in RAQ? Presumably it has something to do with the failed-run-in-progress that we joined.

If the SW had been a Templock and the OP a Protection build, I would have said "Oh, I guess they're letting Temptations queue as Healers now?" and reported a bug because that wasn't in the patch notes, but this SW was a Furylock, and our OP was Devotion.

So: It's possible, when queuing for RAQ with a partial party and being matched into an in-progress instance that's lost people, to get a party that doesn't match the Random Queue requirements.

Comments

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The queue system is strange and if done right you can get anything. I ran CR once on a GF had a OP dev that changed to a OP Proto qued and got a cleric awesome we won but still. It can happen which is strange but does happen.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    usually it happens wis HR or TR. If HR leaves the party you'll have a tank.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

The queue system is strange and if done right you can get anything. I ran CR once on a GF had a OP dev that changed to a OP Proto qued and got a cleric awesome we won but still. It can happen which is strange but does happen.

See, that makes perfect sense, though: You queued with 3 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer. The healer *swapped to a tank*, so suddenly you had 3 DPS and 2 tanks. Lose a DPS and your party "needs a healer" so you will get a healer through the queue.

The fact that your party didn't match the random queue *after entering*, but still got a replacement who matched the empty slot, means the queue is working properly. It just doesn't anticipate people who can CHANGE CLASS after joining the dungeon.

(OPs can also queue into DPS slots - letting you random queue with a full party of 5 containing "Dev OP, Prot OP, GF, DC, DPS". Or 5 OPs, really.)