test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Witch sash to low of drop rate on pinata

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
The drop rate for this sash seems like its the same as trying to win a legendary mount from the summer raffle. If your rng seed is bad you can never get the broom even if you have everything else. There is no way to buy the components.
It is not a prize you earn during the event. Its based on luck of stupid pinata drop, because a key piece is in there.
Its a legendary prize, disguised as an epic one, that also costs AD, which only a few will win. If that is the way new mounts or event stuff is you guys(devs) better look for new jobs...because people will stop playing the events.

Give us a chance near the end of this event to buy that sash so we can get the mount if we are unlucky with the pinata please!!

Comments

• Options
    rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I agree. It would be one thing to maybe make it a component you get from a quest, or to have to build up tokens for but a random drop than just might never drop? Nope. I paid real money to get some of my tokens, and I've been grinding the rest. I don't mind the grind if I know in the end the results will be tangible.
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    For what it's worth, regarding bristles, it took me about 250 illusionist's bags to garner 25 bristles. I think I got the last one with 2 bags remaining. Grind, grind grind :disappointed:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    bobdole#3422 bobdole Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Having low chances of getting something, is fair... but having low chances of gettings something, to get even lower chances of getting somethings else... (low chances of getting pinata from bags, even lower chances of getting sash from pinata and a 2 min Cooldown!), and ultimately having to pay AD (50k)...

Come on ! how far is this gonna go ?
  • Options
    rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018

how can you say the drop rate is to low its a 14 day event you want everything on first day ?
    if after say 12 of the 14 days you dont have it then you can say its to low.
    But to say its to low on first day of event is to unrealistic.

It's just statistics. It's comparable to opening a lockbox trying to get a legendary mount. I've been fortunate enough to get one legendary from one lockbox, and I've been playing for two years and have opened more lockboxes than I can count. We only have two weeks to get the sash, and if the drop rate works the same as lockboxes, it may never drop.
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • Options
    bobdole#3422 bobdole Member Posts: 7 Arc User

how can you say the drop rate is to low its a 14 day event you want everything on first day ?
    if after say 12 of the 14 days you dont have it then you can say its to low.
    But to say its to low on first day of event is to unrealistic.

It doesn't matter if you get it in 1 or 200 days, what matters is "how many tries did it take".
    Some people already opened hundreds of pinata without getting anything. some people are gonna play 100 hours in 14 days, some are gonna play just a few hours...

At this point, having a low chance to get the pinata, then an even lower chance to get the sash from the pinata, make the probability extremely low
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Agree! Horrid drop rates makes this event zero fun
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    gloomx72gloomx72 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I didnt mind the grind for the tokens ( expected it to not be easy ) , but after i got everything i needed and opening 70+ pinatas to not get the sash... I was left staring at my screen thinking " Holy BLEEP I have to continue the grind after 5+ hours?? " Someone made a bad decision, can you imagine if all us grinders come up short at the end of a fun event? WinterFest next... ?
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I like the idea of good drop rates and getting cool new stuff, and i might curse the game when i don't get what i want when i want it, but the cold hard reality is that i might not ever get it. Sure, it'd be nice to get the motherlode some number of play hrs into the first day of a 2 week event, but i'd just be setting myself up for a big disappointment thinking that's gonna happen. Do i keep playing knowing there's a chance it's gonna lead to a big waste of time in the end like being tricked 15 times in a row? Of course I keep playing because during that time there's a chance I might get that golden reward I'm hoping for...it's not always fun to come out reward-less, so then it becomes something like seeing how the game is gonna treat me. So far it hasn't been all bad...no matter how much they change things to make it harder to progress or get what i what i want, i can rest knowing that the game has been much more kind to me than some other players struggling to progress. We all have our limits though. Some games might feel more rewarding than others, but they are all created to make real money...that's the fun for the creators. So the best we can do as players is find a way to have fun for the little or no money and time we spend playing the game.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I like the idea of good drop rates and getting cool new stuff, and i might curse the game when i don't get what i want when i want it, but the cold hard reality is that i might not ever get it. Sure, it'd be nice to get the motherlode some number of play hrs into the first day of a 2 week event, but i'd just be setting myself up for a big disappointment thinking that's gonna happen. Do i keep playing knowing there's a chance it's gonna lead to a big waste of time in the end like being tricked 15 times in a row? Of course I keep playing because during that time there's a chance I might get that golden reward I'm hoping for...it's not always fun to come out reward-less, so then it becomes something like seeing how the game is gonna treat me. So far it hasn't been all bad...no matter how much they change things to make it harder to progress or get what i what i want, i can rest knowing that the game has been much more kind to me than some other players struggling to progress. We all have our limits though. Some games might feel more rewarding than others, but they are all created to make real money...that's the fun for the creators. So the best we can do as players is find a way to have fun for the little or no money and time we spend playing the game.

Disagree with just about everything you just said. Effort should = reward. First problem is we have absolutely no idea what our chances even is to "win". Even the lotto tells you your chances. Second, why should someone who opens a single widget win the prize while someone else grinds for hours/days with zero, zip, nada, nothing but a HAMSTER you?