test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the pinata the only place to get the Enchated Witches Sash for Broom?

I've already seen a ton of Broom mounts zipping around, and while most of the items required to get it are easy, what about the enchanted witch's sash? I've already opened a ton of pinatas, and so far one has not dropped. I'm going to be plenty annoyed if one doesn't drop, for I already have all my other items.
Is there another place to get the sash, or is that the only place?
Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
Guild: Guardians of the Forest

Best Answer

Answers

• rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Wah. I was afraid of that! So far all I've gotten is junk, but I'm holding out hope! I have everything else and otherwise I'm ready to get my broom!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Coming up on 20 pinatas. Nada. I'm hoping it isn't due do some undocumented "feature" where it won't drop for the person using it.

And WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE DISCONNECTIONS in the past hour?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    What is an uber playing elite? Someone who puts a shizzle load of money into the game I'm assuming?
  • slash#6527 slash Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Cryptic plz put the item to ZEN for... hmmm 5k! a WIN WIN WIN situation XDDD
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Opened 41 so far and nada
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Glad I piled up 75 over the years then. Tho it may not be enough.

Does it have to be your own pinata to get the special drop?
    I know a lot of the lower level people can't even break them.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • jkr1269jkr1269 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Makes a lot of sense. It's a purple mount that you still have to pay AD for so why make it a super rare drop. I don't mind grinding for stuff but after farming 109 pinata's yesterday and nada it gets a little discouraging. If it were legendary i can see it but come on man, it's only purple.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    if the developers were nice, they would make the sash only drop when you already have the full bundle of sticks . . . so it didn't hog inventory space

ROTFLMAO we know better
  • melani#5739 melani Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    rolf dont cry is like you need a book fore a boom and do the same cave 6000 times whit out i single drop well aventure a noter day a noter day ,-)
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Would have been nice if it was not bound so those that don't want to wait 2 MINUTES between open could just buy it. i have opened 20 and nothing. That is 40 minutes wasted so i can waste 50k ad on useless prop i will probably not use!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wismal#7377 wismal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i have spent over 1500.00 us and only been playing 7 weeks and have opened 62 pinata's and no sash,so i think the roll is total random. This total gambling for anything good in the game is really getting old. i personally think i will be looking for a new game if the game doesn't change soon. I know some of you that have paid your due's in time are going to say wa.wa! And you are right but truth is people like me are the ones that keep the game operational. Putting in your time don't keep the server's running,me opening lockboxes does keep it running.
  • ironkodiak#7469 ironkodiak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
  • obsidienmoonobsidienmoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is actually random. I had a stack of 5 pinata's and no sash... then from going around got a stack of 20 and within that stack I was lucky and received the witches stash. It is random. And yes you do need to make sure your in a spot alone... cause I had one person who came up and grabbed like two of the items, but I had already gotten the stash from another pinata at that point. He got a helmet item (fashion). However I find that rude that people do that HAMSTER.
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I have the sash but will never use the mount nor will i build it.. I like the broom companion and the skeleton far more. I think sometimes folks forget that players will not get every item with every event. Somehow this has devolved into because it exists i should get it. I mean look, after one day, people are demanding better chances. To those who do not know there are 13 more days.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
    adabisi said:

I have the sash but will never use the mount nor will i build it.. I like the broom companion and the skeleton far more. I think sometimes folks forget that players will not get every item with every event. Somehow this has devolved into because it exists i should get it. I mean look, after one day, people are demanding better chances. To those who do not know there are 13 more days.

Spoken like someone who already has the sash! LOL I'm kidding.:) You make a good point, there are 13 days left and I have no problem grinding for another 13 days, it's just the random within a random aspect that makes me nervous. I spent real money getting the tokens so I would be sure to have most of the tokens (I grinded the rest, along with enough grind to get the broom companion) and I will have tons of tokens after the 13 days. I don't have a problem with it being difficult to get, I just don't want it to be impossible to get!

BTW, is that sash you have bind of pickup? *grins*

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    adabisi said:

Disagree. Effort should = reward. If it was a legendary then I could see some absurd random win but this is just a purple like the Griffon during siege. Even if you made it where you had to login and do an activity everyday for 14 days but you KNEW you got the mount in the end, that would be fair.

The very fact that so many people have been making negative comments about this and those that post in the forums are only a percent of a percent of the player base should clue the devs in that this is HAMSTER. In no way should you do things that a large portion of your player base thing is negative. There is no profit in that and is counter productive to encourage game play.

• logidoggy#2226 logidoggy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I wish that they'd at least adjust the drop rate for the Sash. I've gone through a lot of Pinatas and haven't gotten a single one. Alternatively, providing a way to buy it either through a lot of those marks of Mask or perhaps even through the Zen store would be nice. The RNG on this one seems to be really atrocious, and spending hours every day grinding for it is wearing.
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I got the sash today!! It took 350 bags, which gave me about 45 pinatas and I got it on the 39th one. BTW, if you want a private place to open the pinatas, go into the tower of appearance change and go up the stairs into the upper room. It has pumpkins in there, too!:D
    edited October 2018
    So the drop chance must be in the single digits, from what everyone is posting. Here's a question: do we have to first burn through any leftover beholder pinatas from last year, or will those also drop the sash now?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    New and old pinatas stack and I've gotten a sash from that stack. I have a Leira top that dropped from a pinata before the event even started, actually.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Finally. Got it with 17 pinatas left. I estimate it took about 61 or so, which is almost exactly what I had left over from last year.