test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I would spend AD on

smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
If you are looking to decrease the amount of AD currently in the game I would suggest maybe a token to unbind equipment or mounts (probably make them bound to account/bind on equip). I have made changes to many characters and would really like to move gear from one to another but can't. And as far as legendary mounts, spending AD to move one to a different character would be a no brainer so long as it was cheaper that buying a new mount.

This doesn't add any new gear that doesn't exist and won't impact the AH too much since these are items that people who have been playing for awhile would like to move but probably won't buy.

Just a thought

Comments

• drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    This is a nice idea... Everything that's bound to Character will be bound to Account after the use of "X" Item so we can move Gear, Artifacts, Enchantments, Mounts, Companions... etc / everything that could be move without affecting the economy of the Game!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I would go further and unbind from account so its sellable.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    At least a token to change items BtC (bound to character) to BtA (bound to account). If I have multiples of one class of characters on my account it kid of ticks me off that I have to go through the time and expense of outfitting each identical character class - instead of being able to transfer "hand me downs" from one character of the same class to another on the same account.

To completely unbind an item so it could be sold on the AH after a character, or account no longer has any use for it?... Yeah that would be nice, but realistically I don't ever look for that to happen.
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    I would be happy moving companion gear and mounts. Artifacts might be pushing it since they require rp and refining stones. And I agree that making them just BoE (Bind on Equip) and sell-able would probably wreak havoc on the AH. Making it BtA/BoE would be nice and still require some strategic thinking before you actually buy the token (or whatever form it would be).
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    that sounds like a good idea. maybe have like a base ad cost to buy the token and then an additional ad cost to actually unbind the item based on the item type and item level. I think limiting from character to account would be fair enough...unbinding to sell is a little overboard for the rarest of drops (like the orcus wand). I think those would be best left as a sell-able drop. Also, instead of unbinding it from character to account permanently, maybe make it so that it rebinds once equipped which means having to buy another unbind token and pay the fee to unbind it again.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I don't think anything BtC or BtA should ever be able to become sellable through any means.

I also have seen this token idea posted so many times and my opinion is still the same. No thank you. I don't know why we (the players) would ever give them the idea that we're okay with paying for something (an unbind token) to change something that shouldn't even be in game to begin with. BtA and BoE is all the binding the game ever needed.

These ideas do nothing but perpetuate the notion that we're fine with BtC as long as we're allowed to pay to change it. You know where that's going to get you?

After years of players begging them to remove BtC and just keep BtA and BoE. Years being told that's not an option. Now, all of a sudden they implement this unbind token idea and miraculously they discover that they can indeed remove one of the bind statuses. And the one removed will be BtA.

Now you'll only get majority BtC items and minimal BoE characters so they can sell as many unbind tokens as possible.

As for pricing, please @mystar, you have to apply for a job with PW! The idea of paying for an unbind token AND having to then pay again to actually unbind an item AND then it reverts to BtC again is the kind of priceless gem that the devs are always coming up with.

So many bad AD sink ideas generated when people have come up with so many good, easy to implement ideas over the years that go unheard.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I think the most credible AD sink suggestion would be a token to unbind "bound to character" gear and equipment and make it "bound to account" so it can be passed on from one character in the same account to another in the same account... that is unless Cryptic decides to make even more items bound to character than we currently have (hey, it's happened).

For instance I have several characters who have (or had) duplicates of companions and mounts, all bound to character and only one can be added to any character inventory. It would be much better to be able to pass one of those duplicates on to another character in the same account instead of having to just dispose of it.

Also it would eliminate a lot of superfluous grinding for one character to get the same items another character already has, but no longer has any use for.

As in the tokens of accomplishment Cryptic sells for different campaigns. If one character has completed a campaign, the game allows a player to purchase or make (using items a player again has to grind for) tokens to allow other characters in the same account to skip that content all together and get the gear from it, so the concept isn't completely without merit.

But that's just my opinion.
    DD~
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    They discussed this in one of the AMAs. Not going to happen. They feel that you buying something multiple times is better than having 'hand me downs'
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

They discussed this in one of the AMAs. Not going to happen. They feel that you buying something multiple times is better than having 'hand me downs'

They obviously don't understand the benefit to them of making playing multiple characters a viable possibility. My wife's got a year on her main come the 27th of November and she's almost got all her enchantments and runestones to max rank. She still has companions to level after that, as well as mount insignias to improve. Given all the work she's put in to get this far, she's not even willing to consider playing a second character - even once she's BiS on everything on this character. I don't blame her. I've split my resources and efforts across three characters and am now focusing on just one of those. It makes me wish I'd focused on just one character sooner. I would like to be able to improve the other two, as well as the other five characters I have that are each different classes. Given how much that will cost and the time it will require, I don't think that will happen even once my current main is done.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

They obviously don't understand the benefit to them of making playing multiple characters a viable possibility. My wife's got a year on her main come the 27th of November and she's almost got all her enchantments and runestones to max rank. She still has companions to level after that, as well as mount insignias to improve. Given all the work she's put in to get this far, she's not even willing to consider playing a second character - even once she's BiS on everything on this character. I don't blame her. I've split my resources and efforts across three characters and am now focusing on just one of those. It makes me wish I'd focused on just one character sooner. I would like to be able to improve the other two, as well as the other five characters I have that are each different classes. Given how much that will cost and the time it will require, I don't think that will happen even once my current main is done.
    Agree totally.

Luckily I concentrated on one toon from day one, as I do in all MMOs. I just dont have the time for alts, never did, other than for role play purposes, which doesnt seem relevant in today's grind fest MMOs
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Playing multiple characters is easier for me and more enjoyable because I don't really need one BiS character. Playing multiple characters has various benefit for me. I play 6 equally and they are not alt to me. The following thing are on top of my head at the moment:
    1. share resource.
    2. less cooldown effect for drop. My toon almost always can get max drop before the cooldown kicks in (because I would switch to another character already).
    3. AD bonus
    4. more weekly reward such as cards, poster, ....
    5. less burn out for me because I am not rushing.
    6. cheaper per character because I will get their stuff slower than if I only play one character.
    7. If one reaches the cap for hoarding to 2x event such as fangs, I can always stop playing that one. I know hoarding will have less benefit in mod 15.
    8. If they nerf one, I have others.

All my 6 characters have about 1.5 million to 2 million RP in reserve each. Only account bound and character bound RP were injected to them. The #2 above helps a lot. No, none of character is BiS but they all can clear all PVE solo content easily.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Playing multiple characters is easier for me and more enjoyable because I don't really need one BiS character. Playing multiple characters has various benefit for me. I play 6 equally and they are not alt to me. The following thing are on top of my head at the moment:
    1. share resource.
    2. less cooldown effect for drop. My toon almost always can get max drop before the cooldown kicks in (because I would switch to another character already).
    3. AD bonus
    6. cheaper per character because I will get their stuff slower than if I only play one character.
    7. If one reaches the cap for hoarding to 2x event such as fangs, I can always stop playing that one. I know hoarding will have less benefit in mod 15.

All my 6 characters have about 1.5 million to 2 million RP in reserve each. Only account bound and character bound RP were injected to them. The #2 above helps a lot. No, none of character is BiS but they all can clear all PVE solo content easily.

I'm glad that you enjoy playing your characters that way. I prefer to reach the pinnacle of power (or as close as reasonably possible). Most of my characters end up just getting run through Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and the SH. My CW, in particular, is feeble and not much fun. (He can barely survive Stronghold battles.)

As for your points above, I'm not entirely sure what they all mean or how they're exactly applicable.

1. Not sure what "share resource" refers to. Please clarify.
    2. I'm assuming this refers to the internal cooldown on things like QM enchants. I don't see how getting more lower quality rewards is a benefit. Personally, I haven't been able to allocate the marks and enchanting stones required to refine three QM enchants per each of eight characters to a sufficient level where I get good returns.
    3. I've used this with salvageable gear so far. With M15, if you're actually playing all your alts, then this will be a bigger benefit for you than me.
    4. I can't see this being true. It's all down to the time you spend running the relevant content. If I spent more time on one character in Barovia, I'd get many more cards/posters/etc than I currently do. I can't see running alts actually improves this.
    5. Who said anyone is rushing? Who said anyone is burned out?
    6. Not really a benefit. We spend the same on the characters. The difference is I'm putting the focus on only one or two characters, while you're focusing on 6.
    7. I don't tend to hoard. So this is definitely a bigger benefit for you than me.
    8. If they nerf the character(s) I play, I adapt.

As for RP, most of my characters get what they get while I run them through their weeklies and from invocations. My main character is over 2.6m RP. My next closest has almost 500k. Not that it matters since none of them are refining anything, anyway (most of the time).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2018

1. share resource.
    3. AD bonus

I'm glad that you enjoy playing your characters that way. I prefer to reach the pinnacle of power (or as close as reasonably possible). Most of my characters end up just getting run through Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and the SH. My CW, in particular, is feeble and not much fun. (He can barely survive Stronghold battles.)

As for your points above, I'm not entirely sure what they all mean or how they're exactly applicable.

1. Not sure what "share resource" refers to. Please clarify.
    2. I'm assuming this refers to the internal cooldown on things like QM enchants. I don't see how getting more lower quality rewards is a benefit. Personally, I haven't been able to allocate the marks and enchanting stones required to refine three QM enchants per each of eight characters to a sufficient level where I get good returns.
    3. I've used this with salvageable gear so far. With M15, if you're actually playing all your alts, then this will be a bigger benefit for you than me.
    4. I can't see this being true. It's all down to the time you spend running the relevant content. If I spent more time on one character in Barovia, I'd get many more cards/posters/etc than I currently do. I can't see running alts actually improves this.
    5. Who said anyone is rushing? Who said anyone is burned out?
    6. Not really a benefit. We spend the same on the characters. The difference is I'm putting the focus on only one or two characters, while you're focusing on 6.
    7. I don't tend to hoard. So this is definitely a bigger benefit for you than me.
    8. If they nerf the character(s) I play, I adapt.

As for RP, most of my characters get what they get while I run them through their weeklies and from invocations. My main character is over 2.6m RP. My next closest has almost 500k. Not that it matters since none of them are refining anything, anyway (most of the time).
    1. shared resource is more about passing different enchantment around such as QM (when opening the bag). Passing extra card around to complete the set.

2. It is more about QM and Wanderer's fortune (especially Wanderer's fortune). You don't need high level QM to get the high benefit. You only need one complete set of QM that gives you 11% (I think it is 11%) when you open the bag and not when you are playing. You can pass around the complete set to different toon when you decide to open the bag. I usually do that in 2xRP but I have not done that for a long time and I don't know what will happen in mod 15. You only need one low level QM for a character for daily operation to take the benefit. More QM means you hit the cooldown faster.

3. It will be more important in mod 15 because there will be no salvage. I play 6 characters and have another 6 level 70. At the moment, I am trying to keep the first 6 to have as much AD bonus as possible to prepare for mod 15 and push all the salvage to the 2nd 6 to eat up their AD bonus.

4. You have a few weekly Barovia quests that give epic cards. Doing those are fast. I would say the time spend on doing 6 characters for those regular quests is less than using one character to yield the same amount of stuff. There is one daily quest for each character. 6 character means 6 daily quests. I only play each character in Barovia until he/she hit 100% (if over, only submit 100%) to get the daily. Then, next character. Then, think about the chult weekly quests to get the +5 rings. I did that 6 times per week.

5. Many people are rushing and many people said they burn out. I was not talking about you.

6. I am not even focusing on any. Whatever I can get I can then think about who should use it. I have not bought anything for a long time. If I think one toon needs something (artifact, pet, enchantment, equipment, ...), it usually is in somewhere of my stash.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    @plasticbat Thanks for the reply!