test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

re: staying in combat crouch

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
Does that keep my overload enchant timers counting down?
It's bad enough I get sympathy back pains from watching my characters crouching for so long after a fight, but if it is also counting down these timers I would ask that you up the priority to fixing it.
DON'T
PANIC!

Comments

• Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Idk if it affects the overload enchants but as a combat HR main I have severe scoliosis. The only way i can stand up straight in combat stance is to die and then not touch any buttons, the second I attack its right back to full time hunchback.

It is rather annoying being hunched over my entire time online.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    You should be able to press C and look at the tooltips to see if the timers are counting down.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    So, I checked this out today... the answer is YES. If you are in combat for any reason, then your overload timers are running. This includes, incidentally, the few seconds you are in combat after activating one of the shrines in Omu. That is to say, you lose 4 or 5 seconds worth of overload time when you use on of those shrines. Weird, I know... but doing that made me remember this thread so I thought I'd report back...
  • Options
    I have also confirmed that the timer keeps ticking on overload enchants when you stay in combat crouch.
    I believe the probable culprit / reason is our companion staying in aggro mode after a fight, since my character returns to a straight up standing position right after clearing a group if I am using an augment at the time.
    Checked this on both my HR and my GF and same results.
    With a combat companion, stay in combat crouch and use up enchants much quicker.
    With augment, straighten right up and save enchants for actual fighting time.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018

With a combat companion, stay in combat crouch and use up enchants much quicker.
    With augment, straighten right up and save enchants for actual fighting time.

Depending on your combat companion, you could also say:
    With a combat companion, finishing killing enemies faster, so typical fights don't last as long
    With augment, typical fights take longer so while it won't make you sometimes go into fight stance unnecessarily, on average fights are longer.

So... six of one, half dozen of the other... I think the main issue is that the timer is keyed off of whether you're in combat stance rather than whether you're actually in combat. My suggestion is not to run around with overload enchants slotted all the time, and just slot them when you're doing higher-end content.

• Options
    It depends on whether the combat companion gets 'activated'.
    When I one-shot a group in the back end of Neverdeath with split shot and don't move, the companion just stands behind me and never gets going - and I then stand back up straight right away.
    But, if one or more of the mobs lives to attack, if the companion starts after them it can take quite awhile before it returns to position and turns off aggro mode, and I am crouched over in the meantime.
    I put this here to help the programmers if / when they ever get to trying to fix the problem.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I do not believe it is the companion. As HR if I change from melee back to ranged I stand back up straight and remain upright until I change back to melee.
  • Options
    amascus, are you talking about when you are in combat or just standing there switching back and forth?
    I am strictly archery on my HR, I will try switching to melee and back to archery after fights to see if that helps for that class but my GF can't do that.
    If a fight only takes 4 seconds, but the overload enchant timers keep ticking for 3-8 seconds more, I am getting cheated out of half or better of the overload enchants 'life'.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    It has nothing to do with a companion, or mob or anything, its just 100% broken for some people.

I have been stuck crouched down for 5 straight months, I can dismiss my tiger, stand in the middle of PE and still be crouched 100% of my time while in combat stance.
    16k+ Combat HR