test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High Level Players In Low Level Instances?

Hi everybody!

I left Neverwinter around the time when HR was introduced and around that time, the duration of the instances could take quite long because we were all around the same level range. I returned to Neverwinter recently and noticed that there are always high level players playing in low level instances... Why is that? Is it out of their hands?

Just wondering! Sometimes it can be kind of irritating rushing a dungeon all the time - kind of kills the in-game experience. :)

Comments

• Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    well, some of us still need things from those instances some of its for the astrals, you hit random Q and it places you in one of the instances. mostly you have no control over anything other than which tier . so some may be level 70 but only have a 8kitem level. they are kind of stuck on what they can do right now
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Probably, they are look for Master Work components.
    I spend much time in Hotenow.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    The leveling random queue is always open. Some people haven't moved up the difficulty scale yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    each level player can enter anywhere so that before the end of the person to improve the character and raised the item level you did not wait to enter.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    There are also high level characters going back to low level zones for the Maze Engine campaign quests.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Theres Maze quests and sometimes Tyranny quests, and mastercraft stuff...

impossible to avoid these days...
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    The queue just looks for bodies that can run the content.

Even if a player did not join the random queue, higher level players that did can get pulled in to whatever you chose.

So a level 70 queues for the random daily. A level 50 comes along and queues for the random daily. Then Mr. and Mrs. level 20 come along and decide that they want to run the Cloak Tower to finish the Tower District, so when they queue up for that the game looks for people to join them and sees those other two players that are eligible for the content.

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Even if a player did not join the random queue, higher level players that did can get pulled in to whatever you chose.

So a level 70 queues for the random daily. A level 50 comes along and queues for the random daily. Then Mr. and Mrs. level 20 come along and decide that they want to run the Cloak Tower to finish the Tower District, so when they queue up for that the game looks for people to join them and sees those other two players that are eligible for the content.

Since Mr & Mrs level 20 are doing Cloak Tower (a three player Dungeon) which of the other two players doing a leveling Dungeon, get to go with them?
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Since Mr & Mrs level 20 are doing Cloak Tower (a three player Dungeon) which of the other two players doing a leveling Dungeon, get to go with them?
    Was that what the OP asked?

I thought that they asked why high level characters were in lower level instances and I answered that.

Doesn't matter how many people are needed for an instance, doesn't matter how much higher a level they are.
    All that matters is that the system works like it does.

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This is not limited to PUG in dungeons. There is a dirty little dwarf who calls himself King in the Underdark. That fellow sends me out to kill demons at level 70 in Blacklake, Tower District, Chasm, etc.. I have seen lower levels following me and I warn them to stand clear but to no avail. Part of the problem is game design, part is player ignorance, and most is greed for fast AD rewards. If I enter a low level area, I am on their turf, and I should behave myself. However the vast majority just steamroller over the little guys.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Yes, but demons are good XP for those levelers in Blacklake, Tower, Chasm.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.