test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want a refund

This is not right, I've spent hundreds of dollors building my rogue and you guys just broke it causing me mental duress and financial loss of my investment. I SERIOUSLY WANT EVERY DIME BACK I SPENT CREATING MY TR. Would you ppl quit fixing stuff till it's broken?

Comments

• thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    So what money have you spent on your character? Nobody is going to give you the time of day unless you have an itemized list of everything that you did, let alone take your demand for a reimbursement seriously.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Cryptic does not offer a guarantee that the game rules will persist in any given state in perpetuity. In fact, a right to a refund probably wouldn't exist even if they gave the rules changes overnight with no warning-though you could certainly argue that it should. But blessed though we are, we have from now until Mod 15's launch in order to play with whatever respective builds we have. So in addition to the time you've already had with your character, you have another month or so play with them.

Basically what I'm saying is, what, exactly, did you think the depreciation schedule was on digital assets for an MMO? 'cause it's not long.
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i have played CW and CW only for 8 mods on xbox. 6 on pc...why dont you google some of that history. lol
    edited September 2018

i have played CW and CW only for 8 mods on xbox. 6 on pc...why dont you google some of that history. lol

And I've played a CW, and only a CW, since Beta, what's your point?

No seriously, what is it-I don't know whether you're arguing against OP or not!
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    :/ i sort of figured that was obvious. where else would that reply come into play anywhere in this thread? i apologize for not including a quotation i guess lol
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

:/ i sort of figured that was obvious. where else would that reply come into play anywhere in this thread? i apologize for not including a quotation i guess lol

I don't know what the point of your statement was either...are you complaining about the changes to the CW as well or basically telling the OP to just deal with it. or both?
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Considering how CW was in early mods, it's not even an argument for or against, CW was stupidly OP before lol

Considering how CW was in early mods, it's not even an argument for or against, CW was stupidly OP before lol

Wasn't that just because of the High Vizier set?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    No, the HV set bug was what got people stacking CW but even after it was fixed the groups stayed the same. Blame a combination of CW powers overperforming and that all early dungeon content was nothing but waves of mobs perfect for CW AOE excellence.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Again I ask you what have you specifically purchased? Because I'm willing to bet you have received what you purchased. you have not purchased a promise of future fun you have purchase specific items that were given to you in exchange for the money. therefore you have no basis for any whining, complaining, or lawsuit.
    edited September 2018

And honestly, I've played mmos since you were probably in diapers, I played the first mmo Everquest. I understand this isn't new however our court system is evolving.

As someone who once got banned from Meridian 59, I say we shouldn't be saying our lifetime of MMO plays determines whether our arguments are strong or not.

I mean hell, someone's gonna jump up and say they played the original SSI Neverwinter Nights MMO, and then we're all gonna feel stupid.

EDIT: Context for Meridian 59, it came out 1995, 4 years before Everquest (hence the reference). The old Neverwinter Nights MMO was from 1991 apparently.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    My advice , spread your focus on 2-3 classes.
    Running one class at BIS is no good investment in an mmo... since classes get nerfed sometimes.
    Honestly, in a game that is build for 80% supporter classes it´s a high risk to run a striker exclusively.

Do what maybe 80% of all player did before, pull up a tank (OP), pull up a supporter (DC by sure). Spread some enchants and in no time you can run endcontent on 3 chars with maybe 16k+ IL not 18k, ok.
    18k player are known to be scrubs to a high percentage anyway :p
    And about those two classes above, they look like a saves spot... Devs will not break them in maybe 5 years or 6, I assume, no guarantee

\: to those old farts, I played TIE fighter once 1994 and Memory from 1972 till 1977, does that count too? B)
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2018

And honestly, I've played mmos since you were probably in diapers, I played the first mmo Everquest. I understand this isn't new however our court system is evolving.

Meridian 59 was the first MMO

Edit:

As someone who once got banned from Meridian 59, I say we shouldn't be saying our lifetime of MMO plays determines whether our arguments are strong or not.

I mean hell, someone's gonna jump up and say they played the original SSI Neverwinter Nights MMO, and then we're all gonna feel stupid.

EDIT: Context for Meridian 59, it came out 1995, 4 years before Everquest (hence the reference). The old Neverwinter Nights MMO was from 1991 apparently.

Original Neverwinter Nights was not 3d but used the SSI Goldbox engine. Hence wasn't what qualifies as a MMO in the current genre. I.E. 3D interactive

If you want to expand the concept to anything allowing large numbers of players play at the same time then "The Hundred Years War" would have a good claim to being the first. Not to mention many MUDS and other and similar games. You could even make a case for mainframe net trek.
  • furycury82furycury82 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Ultima 7 was my jam, which lead to Ultima online. Anywho, OP seems to be the FoTM, or year, or years it seems. Make one of those and feed all that juicy stuff you get to another "DPS" character.

Ultima 7 was my jam, which lead to Ultima online. Anywho, OP seems to be the FoTM, or year, or years it seems. Make one of those and feed all that juicy stuff you get to another "DPS" character.

I always played on the Test Shard for ultimate online, because houses would just up and disappear and you could loot old stuff from them. Had a very post-apocalyptic fantasy game vibe sometimes.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    they only needed to reduce the percentage of power tr get from self-buffs most of all are at ~10-20% power buff
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    "I want a refund"

You're not getting any.

/thread
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    The amount of crying is so intense that my laptop leaking water.

Play GWF and avoid future nerfs and only get buffed. That class is beloved of the Cryptic.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    This is why I don't have a main, and am heading for more basically retired characters than active ones. As soon as something becomes fun to play, they nerf it out of existence and worse, in some cases they nerf the whole playstyle out of existence, which when I decided I didn't like the alternatives for that class means retirement, even when I've spent real money on the way.