test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppable doesn’t grant guaranteed control effects immunity

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Unstoppable doesn’t grant guaranteed control effects immunity, it completely doesn't reduce/remove/ignore Knockback/Root effect from some little trash adds.
Also it doesn't grant control immunity for the first few seconds when you activate it. So you can fail it 10 times in a row standing in a red circle (or if you have latency issues trough laggy servers).
I’m not talking about bosses, minibosses i’m talking about trash adds in open world and some of them totally ignore unstoppable control resistance immunity.

Tell us what kind of ads are bugged against unstoppable? For example Unstoppable perfectly works against King of Spines, knockbacks are reduced and you can't be stunned. But thats so lame when you farm regular quests do little HEs and you just knocked and pushed like a kilometer away when you have unstoppable active standing in a red circle, it just doesn't work.

Why I should avoid a red circle if it deals enough dmg to gain determination but not enough to kill you? Because unstoppable is bugged? Why?
Isn’t standing in the circles is a part of unstoppable mechanic?
Who writes and rewrites tooltips?
Updated Unstoppable tooltip: Unstoppable Mechanic
"Useable at 50% or more Determination.
With grim resolve you break free from most control effects, and steel yourself for the challenge ahead.
While active, you are immune to most control effects, and your At-Will attacks are much faster but slightly weaker. Additionally, based on how much Determination you had, you resist 15-30% of incoming damage and you gain 8-16% of your Maximum Hip Points as Temporary Hit Points. The amount of Temporary Hit Points you gain scales with your damage bonuses, up to a maximum of 200%.
Determination is built by taking damage, or killing foes."

See? “Taking damage” what if I’m not a Destroyer and specced to be a Sentinel (kind of some fail tank), must I become a soccer ball now? Fix It.

Tell us what exactly unstoppable does - is it a kind of Control Resistance Boost like Elven Battle? if it is, tell us how much Control Resistance we can get while it’s active?

It works totally different way ITC/Shield.

What kind of immunity it provides and how strong it is? Why when I press unstoppable it does not grant immunity?
Why when Unstoppable bar falls you’re losing immunity before unstoppable actually ends?

I don’t want to blame you, but please, fix it and make a tooltip clearer.

Thanks.
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    It's not L2P issue, so be more constructive with your feedback, please.

Thank you.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Which minion root/knock you back when you are in unstoppable?
    I don't recall (or just did not pay enough attention) that I was root/knockback by minion when my GWF is in unstoppable.
    I could be root/knockback and that interrupted the trigger of my unstoppable when I press the button to become unstoppable.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I can give many examples, but it takes time to gather them (which map/mob).
    But you can easily test it in River District (Nostura and Kabal HEs).

BTW Sprint provides immunity to Yuan ti charm, but not Unstoppable.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited September 2018

Hmmm! I don't recall when my GWF was already in Unstoppable, Yuan ti had ANY effect on him.
    If you are talking about hitting the button and then still get charm, yes. It is because my GWF was not yet in unstoppable because it was interrupted before the unstoppable was active. My GWF basically is the only character in my 6 characters who did not have much issue with Yuan ti.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Hmmm! I don't recall when my GWF was already in Unstoppable, Yuan ti had ANY effect on him.
    If you are talking about hitting the button and then still get charm, yes. It is because my GWF was not yet in unstoppable because it was interrupted before the unstoppable was active. My GWF basically is the only character in my 6 characters who did not have much issue with Yuan ti.
    I have no doubt that your have high skills playing for this class.
    I personally do not have any problems with Charm Attack playing for a dodge class. Can you give me a detailed feedback on River District mobs?

And do you think - WAI - that your character is shifted aside (by simple mobs) when you are standing with active Unstoppable in the knockback zone? (it is so but not with all kinds of mobs, reread the OP).
    I don’t have any problems with this effect myself when I teleport(CW, example) directly to the target, my location herewith does not change.

Thanks.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Despite obvious things like lag and latency....

With grim resolve you break free from most control effects, and steel yourself for the challenge ahead.
    While active, you are immune to most control effects, and your At-Will attacks are much faster but slightly weaker.

Most is not all.

Besides there is a lot of changes behind the scenes with all CC. Example - I use unpa elven battle enchantment and it works far worse then before - in fact to get to its previous functionality I need to add Sylph to companions and still having far above 100% control resist I grab most of avilable CC in game - youan ti are best example here.

Fun part - neuroshock - works well on you and almost dont work at all on mobs
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I am always getting control effects and interrupts in unstoppble mode.. when it is a very busy boss fight sometimes, it's hold the mouse button down and hope for the best and check to see if you can spot your weapon swinging.. sadly about 8 out of every 10 times , it turns out you have been standing there with it over your shoulder for the duration of the unstoppable sequence .

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Yeah, for some reason after you activate unstoppable you have to release the mouse button and start over with the swinging.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Oh! You guys hold the mouse button down all the time? May be I did that wrong because I always click the mouse and don't hold down the button.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Yeah, for some reason after you activate unstoppable you have to release the mouse button and start over with the swinging.

Wow! Thanks for that. I thought it was just an issue I was experiencing, and that I had a malfunctioning mouse!
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Oh! You guys hold the mouse button down all the time? May be I did that wrong because I always click the mouse and don't hold down the button.

look at the at will tool tip ,each swing of sure strike gives a different bonus.. that's why it's a pita when you jump into unstoppble and it swings twice then stops... it has happened so long I just go with it, like it's just another cruel bit of rng, sometimes it isn't just the game however I am sure

I feel I can't really blame it all on the class mechanic getting interrupted of controlled.. because it will also do it while not in unstoppble.. that said ,I am still being visibly stunned or dazed and rooted and thrown in unstoppable by different enemy.. but the temp HP usually mitigates it any any real damage from it.. still it's not something I remember happening to GWFs prior to Chult
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

(As ex-Tenser User) I do not hold LKM when I press TAB. But it happens anyway.
    Can I have your feedback on requests posted above?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

I have not gone back to River District. Hence, nothing to provide.
    edited September 2018

look at the at will tool tip ,each swing of sure strike gives a different bonus.. that's why it's a pita when you jump into unstoppble and it swings twice then stops... it has happened so long I just go with it, like it's just another cruel bit of rng, sometimes it isn't just the game however I am sure

I feel I can't really blame it all on the class mechanic getting interrupted of controlled.. because it will also do it while not in unstoppble.. that said ,I am still being visibly stunned or dazed and rooted and thrown in unstoppable by different enemy.. but the temp HP usually mitigates it any any real damage from it.. still it's not something I remember happening to GWFs prior to Chult
    What I mean is I would just be clicking many times instead of holding down the button. My way may not be efficient.
    I usually just count: right right left left left left Encounter right right left left left left ...
    I cannot count if I just hold down the mouse button.

Notice that some controls effects are pure and apply to all 'control immunities'.
    The nostura mobs you speak of: 'eye' with pretrifying effect tend to not care for immunities. Some knockbacks from kabal mobs also dont care.

Same goes for others stuff. like at CR last boss. I love it when stradh roots whilst being immune... and then manages to push me back whilst being rooted...

Yeah looks like they just bugged or something (I also notice 5 sec stuns on my AC/DC).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    ....as if GWF needs more buffs...

Just make them Superman and we get it all. A fresh GWF does top DPS than a properly built CW or SW. You can say "because of range?"... this game is all about melee range. Even the CW, HR, SW does best damage on melee range with many builds. The enemies run to you and if you stay on ranged, they prefer charging you but in melee you simply wont die cause many AoE's are either cone space or small circles.
    rodosto said:

....as if GWF needs more buffs...

Just make them Superman and we get it all. A fresh GWF does top DPS than a properly built CW or SW. You can say "because of range?"... this game is all about melee range. Even the CW, HR, SW does best damage on melee range with many builds. The enemies run to you and if you stay on ranged, they prefer charging you but in melee you simply wont die cause many AoE's are either cone space or small circles.

Please check OP, it's all about bugged mobs and broken immunity frames of Unstoppable.

Talking about BATMAN mode: I'll prefer max deflect/TR or ITC (if max recovery) to Unstoppable.

But please avoid flaming.
    Thanks.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    There are some things in the game that are unavoidable. No dodging, no shield, no unstoppable...You will be affected.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited September 2018

I have just tried in RD. It was not as easy to try as I thought. I either kill everything before I have enough determination or the unstoppable finished before the monster does their knockback/control. That took me a while to get that done.
    In nostura HE, the eye did not control me and the Troll grunt did not knock me back when I was in unstoppable. I was standing there to let them to do whatever.
    In Kabal HE, something did push me out 2 steps but did not knock me down or prone. I was still within the range to swing. Normally, I would not even notice.
    My control resist is 600 and I don't know if that does anything.

I have just tried in RD. It was not as easy to try as I thought. I either kill everything before I have enough determination or the unstoppable finished before the monster does their knockback/control. That took me a while to get that done.
    In nostura HE, the eye did not control me and the Troll grunt did not knock me back when I was in unstoppable. I was standing there to let them to do whatever.
    In Kabal HE, something did push me out 2 steps but did not knock me down or prone. I was still within the range to swing. Normally, I would not even notice.
    My control resist is 600 and I don't know if that does anything.
    Yeah, control resist does nothing at all, it's a broken wasted stat.
    Considering control attacks of some ads I need to find out what these ads are and their location. I'll post test results here a little bit later.

I still blame it on client-side animation/latency problems but there are definitely unfixed mobs which ignore player defensive powers.

I'm sorry, maybe Devs have already fixed RD mobs. But it was an issue when I was farming RD for a patronage a month ago.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • omnioromnior Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Someonedies, I agree completely with almost everything you are saying in this thread. I main a GWF Destroyer/Sentinel build, and have played since beta. The only way my experience differs from yours is with River District mobs. Most of them didn't seem to affect me at all while I was in Unstoppable. I have, however, had so many experiences with even trash mobs rooting, slowing, and/or knocking me back while Unstoppable that I've been forced to adapt to it. As Earlgreybeard mentioned above, I didn't notice things being anywhere near as bad as they are now until after Chult was released.
    I don't know if it's connected to Unstoppable mechanically, but I use the Battlerage encounter, and it seems to be bugged with some sort of 1-2 second delay during which my character completely stops attacking. I tend to use Battlerage only in conjunction with Unstoppable, so I don't have any experience that speaks either way about any possible connection between the two abilities.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Unstoppable definitely gives no immunity to the Yaun-ti charm power.
    omnior said:

Someonedies, I agree completely with almost everything you are saying in this thread. I main a GWF Destroyer/Sentinel build, and have played since beta. The only way my experience differs from yours is with River District mobs. Most of them didn't seem to affect me at all while I was in Unstoppable. I have, however, had so many experiences with even trash mobs rooting, slowing, and/or knocking me back while Unstoppable that I've been forced to adapt to it. As Earlgreybeard mentioned above, I didn't notice things being anywhere near as bad as they are now until after Chult was released.
    I don't know if it's connected to Unstoppable mechanically, but I use the Battlerage encounter, and it seems to be bugged with some sort of 1-2 second delay during which my character completely stops attacking. I tend to use Battlerage only in conjunction with Unstoppable, so I don't have any experience that speaks either way about any possible connection between the two abilities.

yeah that's that i'm talking about, thanks for feedback.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited October 2018
    I'm aim to test all this *** with ITC/Unstoppable.
    But I already know that these mobs are bugged.

Yuan ti: (charm) pierces Unstoppable (Everywhere).

Demon Barlgura: knockbacks you while ITC/Unstoppable is active (Prophecy of Madness, Demonic Heroic Encounters).

Far Realm Ritual - Kabal and Kabal BHE (River District):
    Special attacks (red zones) of all mobs - knockbacks you while ITC/Unstoppable is active.
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪