test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] Please stop the insanity!!!

To whom it may concern:

Yes, I've been playing Neverwinter for a while now on PS4 and I really like it, however this game could be so much better. The reason I'm writing this message sadly is of a complaint... the constant harassment of this lockbox spam that continuously flashes on the screen is absolutely ridiculous. These aren't even real players... I tried to whisper to a winner or winners several times, NOT REAL people!

Why do you harass players so? I mean, I understand you need to make money off this game somehow, but everybody knows who plays this game or anybody who tries it can see that every little thing can be bought... or you need those keys. If you wish or have to solicit, but l call it harass and spam the hell out of the players, do it through chat or give us VIP players the option to turn the spam off not flashing insanity right in our faces! We can't see anything when we play it literally flashed 50 times within not even a minute. I have sent a complaint to Sony also about this. I need a state that I am in no way trying to be a troublemaker... it's of real concern, but this is absurd and it has to stop!

Like I said, I really like the game, but if this keeps continuing I will just have to take my riches elsewhere and stop playing. Thank you for listening to me rave, however I meant every word. I mean come on guys... you guys out spam the currency farm sellers. Please do better to find a solution like the example VIP thing I mentioned.

Good day

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They might be too busy spam-opening lockboxes to notice a tell.

Or they may not respond to people they don't know.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    there is no way you could whisper them. it's not their gamer tag that flashes across the screen it's their toon name. you can't whisper someone via toon name. they are real players. it's just a new mod. a lot of people with a lot of keys. it will quiet down. ppl have been complaining about the admin spam since day one. lol
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    It is the same mindset as the flashing lights on a Slot Machine, you see the lights and hear the bells constantly to make you think "Hey I can win big too" that is what all the admin messages are for.
  • brewskinbrewskin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Wait, I'm not real?
  • bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    At least keep it in the chat box and take it off the screen. I feel like Ricky Bobby trying to race through a screen of advertising.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

At least keep it in the chat box and take it off the screen. I feel like Ricky Bobby trying to race through a screen of advertising.

Oddly enough, I would prefer the exact opposite. Leave it on the screen and stop messing with the chat box. At least on the screen it disappears after a bit, instead of clogging up the chat window.
  • kallikendrakallikendra Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    As a bit of a compromise, if they must constantly tell us what other folks are lucky enough to get, why not have it so it scrolls across the top of the screen in one line rather than right in the middle (if that makes sense)? That way they still get to remind us of what we could get and we don't get annoying text getting in the way of trying to see what we're doing!
  • wardguardian#8375 wardguardian Member Posts: 1 New User
    play it on pc, works better.
    All i want is money HAMSTER the fame i'm a simple man.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    man smetimes it pays to hav sevre vision probs wen u playuin video games like this one lmao...... u learn to ignore stuff or half the time dont even see it bc ur so foccused on wht ur tryin to do in the game lol
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User

man smetimes it pays to hav sevre vision probs wen u playuin video games like this one lmao...... u learn to ignore stuff or half the time dont even see it bc ur so foccused on wht ur tryin to do in the game lol

Yeah, takes a few months to learn to ignore it, but when there is a zen sale along with Zen store discounts, that gets annoying with all the spam. It makes the game unplayable during those times, at least implement a timer for how many are displayed in a given time frame.
    chimerax said:

Yeah, takes a few months to learn to ignore it, but when there is a zen sale along with Zen store discounts, that gets annoying with all the spam. It makes the game unplayable during those times, at least implement a timer for how many are displayed in a given time frame.
    lol i never have a prob wit it lol....... learn to ignore it all it takes sinple as that problem solved..... once u learn to ignore it the annoyance goes away bc if ur ignoreing it then u shldnt b gettin annoyed.... if a person is still gettin annoyed after learning to ignore it..... they aint rely ignoring it now are they lol

• jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    You can't ignore it when it gets to the point that you can't see the screen. Trying to battle mobs and you can't even see what's going on.

My solution was to avoid the game altogether until the module release/sale is over. If the devs can't make an interface that works HAMSTER em.
  • You can't ignore it when it gets to the point that you can't see the screen. Trying to battle mobs and you can't even see what's going on.

My solution was to avoid the game altogether until the module release/sale is over. If the devs can't make an interface that works HAMSTER em.

I agree, the last time during the black friday sales made it almost impossible to play lol, orange and lag everywhere.
    chimerax said:

It is the same mindset as the flashing lights on a Slot Machine, you see the lights and hear the bells constantly to make you think "Hey I can win big too" that is what all the admin messages are for.

Pretty much this, they need to get rid of it altogether, I'd bet people will still buy keys even if it got removed. ESO has the crown crates and nothing pops up for other players to let you know they have one, the only way you know if if they outright tell you or link the item in chat but I suppose those different since its mostly cosmetic mounts and potions and stuff
    lol anything is ignore-able ANYTHIN lol .... it jus takes the mindset to do it and be successful at it......... as i said the notes pop up on my screen all day long and i hav no prob with it. and yes its admittedly 20x worse on a sale or mod day 1 release but i still ignore it an play like its nothin. sayin u cant ignore it is being childish in the matter im sorry but it is..... learn how to do it simple as that problem solved... finito.... enda story..... close the book an put it back on the shelf... turn the tv off.... lol. just hav to learn how to do thats all.

lol anything is ignore-able ANYTHIN lol .... it jus takes the mindset to do it and be successful at it......... as i said the notes pop up on my screen all day long and i hav no prob with it. and yes its admittedly 20x worse on a sale or mod day 1 release but i still ignore it an play like its nothin. sayin u cant ignore it is being childish in the matter im sorry but it is..... learn how to do it simple as that problem solved... finito.... enda story..... close the book an put it back on the shelf... turn the tv off.... lol. just hav to learn how to do thats all.

Do you have a point other than "I can ignore it"?
    Wouldn't you want them to make the game better if it was as simple as reducing the amount of needless spam?

Do you have a point other than "I can ignore it"?
    Wouldn't you want them to make the game better if it was as simple as reducing the amount of needless spam?</blockqyup the point is....."i can ignore it" "so can you" this is a trivial want... an annoyance to the untrained mind....... stuff ike this will prob never get fixed bc its so trivial and there are more improtant matters to wrk on for them(the devs) so learn to ignore it or keep complaining on deaf ears (the devs lol). "pick your poison" (as the jokers would say)

I'll keep complaining as not saying anything means it will never change. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I'm an adult:
    1. I have money.
    2. I don't have an unlimited amount of playtime.
    3. My gaming is to relax and have fun.

As much as I like Neverwinter, what I experienced with the release of the Barovia module totally turned me off from playing the game. As a new player, I'm hesitant to invest too much into this after seeing how spammy it can become.

Let's be honest, on console we're spoiled for choice. I'm not gonna dump to much into a game if it can't fix obvious problems.
    Black Friday's coming and there are tons of other (many would say better) games to play.
    lol go right ahead.... im an adult as well.... i have money. i invest in what i want as well and while i may have a more unlimited playing time due to personal reasons..... what some may consider a problem is just an annoyance that can be ignored to the point of non-hinderence gameplay. not evrythin in life is spickandspan-ingly convenient...... when a problem/annoyance arises learn to work around the problem or learn to ignore/deal with the annoyance simlple as that.... same applys to the game..... theres a problem/annoyance in the game.... work around it or learn to ignoe/del with it.
    Nope.

If what other people are saying is true about the holiday sales, I'd rather have fun somewhere else.
    Broken interfaces are not something I bother dealing with any more.

I'd name a bunch of other games that don't have spam text and are fun to play, but the mods probably wouldn't like it. =)
  • grendlerose#7658 grendlerose Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    just fyi, i never answer whispers of ppl i dont know, and ive seen my name flash by when i got something out of a chest.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    As mentioned by others, the spam is created by actual players actually getting something. That said, I wouldn't have a problem if all the mentions went away in the game. I don't care to see the gold text in the middle of the screen and I don't care to have it in my chat box. That said, I have learned to ignore the text most of the time, but I would absolutely love it if it were disposed of entirely.
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    So who is adding all those orange mount to AH then? The ghost people? Admins?

The mystery needs to be solved!

Seriously... get a life please. These are all real people.
    rodosto said:

So who is adding all those orange mount to AH then? The ghost people? Admins?

The mystery needs to be solved!

Seriously... get a life please. These are all real people.

seriuously? i always thought it was the ghpsts in the computer (hint hint the movie irobot hint) lmao&