test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Apocalypse Dagger

talan5talan5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Has anyone heard anything official about whether folks can get another Apocalypse Dagger during the next Portobello session? I know most people got rid of it, but now it can be used for one of the Ravenloft Artifact Gear sets and I'd like to know before wasting currency on buying items, etc.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • talan5talan5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Was hoping there had been something official since they are bringing the event back at the end of August (which might imply they will let characters get another dagger, or provide another method to reclaim). My understanding is that a character cannot get another one (when the event is active) unless they make changes to said item in the event (and hoping they will).
    That is the only discourse on the Dagger that I am aware of.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • capiumcapium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Apocalypse Dagger was deemed to be trash by many players back in the day, but now it is a Required part of a current set. How are we expected to be able to complete the set when we cannot reclaim or rerun Respen's/Portobello's Game? The game should have been reset at the time the dagger was changed and made crucial to the set. Alternatively, the Apocalypse Dagger should be reclaimable or purchasable through the Ravenloft campaign store for Barovian coins just like the other items.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    How do you get the dagger in Portobello anyway? I normally don't play it, though I respect it as a great event.

Hope I didn't trash mine back in the day!
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User

How do you get the dagger in Portobello anyway? I normally don't play it, though I respect it as a great event.

Farm skirmishes until your face melts.

Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Finish the "campaign". That is what you get when you are "sub-employee".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Has anyone confirmed that you can still receive the blank report card to get the dagger if you've already completed the campaign?

It definitely cannot be obtained by crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    vortican said:

Has anyone confirmed that you can still receive the blank report card to get the dagger if you've already completed the campaign?

Portobello does not love us... he just wants to get into our many,many pairs of pants!
  • vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I discarded my dagger back in the day too :neutral:
    Answered my own question: received the blank report card from the drider in Trial of Traps but the quest is not repeatable!

Way to go, dorks. I hope they fix this silliness.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    They should have a "Reset Campaign" button on both DotDM campaigns that can be used once per event so we can replay them and get the rewards again. It's a bit late for that atm, but should be looked at regardless. As is, there is never any reason to do the event more than once on the same character EVER. Otherwise, they REALLY need to add an alternate way to obtain the Apocalypse Dagger. Checking if a character has the campaign completed, then putting it in the reclaim vendor for them could work.

Luckily, each of my characters have either never discarded, "ate", or acquired the Daggers, so I'm ok, but this is still a serious oversight that had/has a relatively simple solution.

Personally, I want to be able to collect the other "color" titles. ;)
    Then the game would never know what flavor of drinks to drop for you.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Thanks to @plasticbat for answering my question. My GWF did discard the dagger back when, but my GF still hasn't earned it, so I'm slogging through. He's the one I wanted the set for anyway.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Has this set been tested to see if the debuff applies 5x total or 5x per player with the set?
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Then the game would never know what flavor of drinks to drop for you.

That's easy, Dr. Pepper! Err, Dr. Lathander.

Seriously though, use whichever you completed last.
    So no resolution to previous owners being unable to reclaim the Apocalypse Dagger? What a joke.

Since it is now impossible for many to complete this set, I guess I'll just go back to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
    kreatyve said:

I have asked @terramak about this, and he said that it's on their radar, but a resolution has not yet been chosen for it.

We're just going to have to wait.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    vortican said:

I can confirm that you CAN get blank report cards - I finished that campaign years ago (and, as it happens, still have my dagger). I got blank report cards just yesterday. I trashed them without checking the campaign, but I'm fairly sure you can't redo the last step anyway, so you can't reclaim the dagger.

Stillllllll waiting...

And still crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Read the patch notes on the Preview forum.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited September 2018
    Read the patch note which is available now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    here's the official patch notes for tomorrow........ https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11005193
    Yes, with a week to go in the campaign, this is finally being resolved, although I do not understand why the dagger would only be reclaimable once. Many sets are available with artifacts that can be earned or bought and sold on auction house.

Either way, at least it will finally fix a boneheaded move to create a set including a one-time item that folks got many moons ago and wasn't that great to begin with.

Here's hoping the professions overhaul does not endanger my work at maintaining a financial empire by crafting many, many pairs of pants.
    edited September 2018
    vortican said:

Yes, with a week to go in the campaign, this is finally being resolved, although I do not understand why the dagger would only be reclaimable once.

Because this one can be converted to RP. Other reclaimable cannot. Most people loss theirs because they convert theirs to RP.
    Imagine if you can keep on claim/convert, claim/convert, .....
    They didn't need to give it away for free. I had a report card I was willing to exchange for it, which I had to go get. You can buy every other artifact on AH if you have enough AD.

Oh well, I have the dagger now so I can return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.