test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shout out to PWE and Zildross for OUTSTANDING Customer Service.

methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
First off, we all know that Perfect World and Cryptic get a LOT of grief about how they do things. I've been around on the forums and the game for a LONG time and even took a break from the game a couple of years.

I wanted to tell a GOOD story.

My Wife and I just came back to the game about a month ago. Moderator edited out ToS violation. Now, my wife and I have been around since beta. We've spent some money on our toons and found a lot of enjoyment out of the game. One of the things we purchased early on, were purple mounts. My son REALLY wanted a crab mount and I wanted to surprise him, so, I put 50$ of Zen on my account and went to purchase him a crab, since I had a 33% off Mount coupon.

I wasn't aware that the mounts were bind on account on purchase. I had forgotten that, as most of my mounts were from lockboxes, when my wife and I could share keys. (That should tell you how long I've been in game.) I emailed Customer Service, in the hopes that I could just have the mount transferred to my Son's account, fully expecting to have to eat the cost. It was a hail mary, for sure, but I work in Customer Service, so I hoped for the best and expected the worse.

Zildross and Perfect World exceeded my expectations. Zildross, didn't have to, but he reimbursed me the amount I spent on the mount and let me keep the crab (they couldn't transfer it, unfortunately). My wife teased me a little, 'cos I got a bit emotional about the incident, but this seriously was above and beyond. I ended up spending another 50$ and put it on my Son's account, so he could get the mount he wanted. He's extremely happy.

Thanks again to Zildross and Perfect World. They just showed me that for all the bumps and bruises they've gotten on their reputation, they're a solid, stand up company.

I won't forget it.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Nice to see something positive for a change :smile:
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Great story, man!
    Glad to here that everything worked out for you!
    Little tip for the future to save yourself some cash:
    Always, ALWAYS check the Auction House first.
    There is currently a Giant Red Crab (identical to the Zen Market one, except for the paint job) listed for 200,000 A.D., at the current exchange rate, that would be 400 Zen, or $4.00. And it would be completely unbound (hence mail-able to your son) by default.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Welcome back on Neverwinter! I hope you will enjoy the new and upcoming extensions :)
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Yes, the customer support is very understanding and reasonable provided you're honest and polite. Glad to hear.
    jorifice1 said:

Great story, man!
    There is currently a Giant Red Crab (identical to the Zen Market one, except for the paint job) listed for 200,000 A.D., at the current exchange rate, that would be 400 Zen, or $4.00. And it would be completely unbound (hence mail-able to your son) by default.

My first thoughts too, but it still is an infinite account wide epic mount. But if a crab is all that was wanted, there is a rare version too for a fraction of the cost.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    jorifice1 said:

Great story, man!

While it is true you can sometimes save a little buying mounts this way; that generally applies mostly if you want it only for a single character. Also if you have anywhere in excess of 5-8 characters, or plans to add more in future, it's almost wiser to purchase in the ZEN store. Those at least unlock for every character now & into the future! Since his son greatly admired the Crab Mount, I can only assume he want it for every existing and future character. :)

GREAT NEWS story - only wish we at least saw slightly more of these types of story's a little more often! So thank you @methuselas for the kind & positive note!
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    He REALLY wanted the crab and I wanted to make sure he had a mount that could keep up with mine and Mom's mounts, in case he wanted to make another toon.

This works for me, though, 'cos I'm tired of making modules for him and Mom to play and my little monster keeps stealing all my dice and losing them.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I imagine your email PWE was well-written, polite, and respectful... correct?

In my experience, PWE support is actually really good as long as you're polite. Like all CS folks, they don't get paid enough to deal with HAMSTER from people.... And no, it's not their job to put up with it, it's their job to handle customer issues in the most appropriate way, which is pretty much entirely at their discretion. So, this just goes to show, a little respect and some manners can go a long way.
  • Options
    bump63#0986 bump63 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I also had a positive experience with customer service; was going to buy zen for my wifes account and bought it by mistake on my account. I again must say it was my mistake and they took care of us by moving the zen to the account we needed it on! Thanks for helping us out!
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I have also had good experiences in a similar situation. Of course, I've also worked on a hell desk before, and know that coming out, guns blazing is a good way to get an eyeroll and a form letter in return. It's shocking the number of people who think that by being ... hamsters ... towards an anonymous help desk person, they will suddenly get the whole place rushing to meet their demands.

I made sure to be polite, and point out that the error was mine, and that I knew they weren't obligated to meet my request - but if they could, I'd be really grateful. And lo and behold! Request granted.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    :'(:D

@cdnbison That is tear's of laughter. "Of course, I've also worked on a hell desk before"

I think many people have worked in that role at some point in their career - yes even me. Still it's understandable when people sometimes are a little upset; when thing's didn't go quite as they expected. But your certainly right even if it was you who made a mistake, it's often best to be honest and admit it, often they'll recognize it and try their best to help.

Still it's just greatly refreshing to see the more positive notes of people complimenting Cryptic's customer service team!

We need more positivity in more aspect's of the forum - so this is a great read.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Working on a helpdesk is like working in food and working retail: Something I think every person should have to do for a time before they're allowed to get angry at anyone working helpdesk, food, or retail.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Thank you for sharing your story. My interactions with CS have always been positive as well.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    vilikrie1vilikrie1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How nice to see such a positive thread.

I work in customer service (retail) and without fail, I always respond better to people who come to me and explain their problem calmly and politely. I will go out of my way to fix things for them and make sure that they go away feeling like they've had a positive experience despite whatever their initial problem was.

But, I'm only human ......why on earth would I WANT to help someone who is being rude and aggressive before they've even explained their issue!? Quite simply...I don't. I do the bare minimum that my job requires for people like that. They might go away unhappy, but my inner 12 year old will be grinning from ear to ear :)
  • Options
    jampy00jampy00 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    First, Welcome back to Neverwinter.
    Second, WOW! That is an amazing story and one I am pleased you shared.
    Far to often we only hear the squeaky wheels, I'm glad you shared this. :smile:
  • Options
    thebrownsage84thebrownsage84 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I can attest to this. Support is good :)
  • Options
    ya lol he closed my ticket. 7 mythic enchantments missing. Still dont have them
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    CS is truly a hit and miss. Over the years I had a couple dozen obscure run-ins with support both good and bad.

My top two is an account banned for being part of a "botting network". I briefly challenged the ban, support confirmed the mistake, but the account remained banned for "previous infractions". The account had two level 5 characters that I hadn't played for months. WTF?!

Back in the day I thought I had lost two level 10 enchantments in the mail (bis at that time). Contacted support and they refunded me six enchantments (3x2) for whatever reason. Turned out the enchantments weren't lost either, I just didn't correctly remember the account I had mailed them to. So I ended up with eight enchantments.