test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWFs In PvP

Why is there no hope for this class ? Do the devs even play their own game ? TR's Bloodbath makes them basically invincible while being one of the most damaging Dailies in PvP. Smoke Bomb's "silence" effect means two TR's on a node means you can't even fight back and don't get me started on Impossible to Catch. GF's and Pally's nearly have 100% shield uptime and should only be blocking at around a 180 degree radius but it's more like 270 degrees. GF's have great stun abilities and great healing abilities as well. Pally's have basically 3 refillable health bars. Control Wizard's control and have great survivability if built correctly, not the best DPS but good. Scourge Warlocks control as well, and with Lifesteal can be viable and extremely fast. HR's can great melee Lifesteal class or a great sniper taking 25% Health per shot. DC's can be great healers and can be invincible and others can do great DPS with reduced survivability. DC, SW, TR, HR all Dodge. OP and GF block. GWFs cannot Dodge or block. GWFs have one Daily with stun and one Encounter with stun that does very little damage and stuns for about 1 second. GWFs have potential to do good damage but versus any other end-game PvPer, they will die. Moving fast is not a good alternative to no Dodge or block. GF's can move fast and so can SWs. I just don't see why developers thinks this is fair in any way. What do you think about GWFs ? What do you think is the solution?

Answers

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Yes the TR has an immunity frame to all CC and damage once the daily has full been casted. Considering they can run Tactics and high amounts of Recovery it's easy to see how annoying this is to fight against even post "nerf". The recent nerf to Smokebomb fixed pretty much every issue. Before Mod 14 TR's everywhere exploited it to pretty much use Dazing Strike SB combo to perma stun you. Even though yes, it's still a thing you are not stunned as long in SB because it now respects CC stacks. There is no such thing as a "silence" It's classifed as a disable cc.

GF's and OP's do NOT have 100% shield uptime. What GF's have over the OP though that helps in Guard Gain/ Stamina regen is fray. But it is balanced since it is periodic unlike a GWF's Battle Fury INSTANTLY granting a full stamina bar. GF shield is buggy as f*** and protects 180* when I tested it and played the class for more than 3 years. it won't always do that however. GF has great CC abilities because it is a Controller. Fighters Recovery is a GF's only main way to heal other than Ferocious Reaction, and it has a high risk high reward factor. A melee hit must be made initially to proc the heal, and with the Healing Depression being 75%, it cuts it down quite a bit. I personally only slot it when things are going F tier. Protection Pallies are indeed immortal. Heroism, SS, Absolution, Sanctuary, Binding Oath, Cleansing Touch. Whilst doing the damage they do in PvP to me is a little over the top. The GF has nowhere near the same amount of survivability as an OP, nor the same mechanics to be able to be that tanky, and for them to be able to have the option to even come close to doing the damage a GF does in some cases is mind boggling considering how much more damage a GF takes compared to an OP.

GWF's Sprint Ignore CC and is almost an i frame and like I mentioned before, Battle Fury is an instant refill on your Stamina bar. GWF has way more than 1 encounter and 1 daily that CC's. Keep in mind the GWF is not a Controller. They go in there swinging with a 2 hander. I played a GWF since Mod 7, and the problem with the GWF is it is very hard to balance without making them OP, because as it is, you can take a dump on pretty much anyone as of this mod now that you don't have to worry about GF prone, Piercing damage as much, and no nerfs to GWF. It's nothing but indirect buffs since MOD 4. They have the best self buffs in the game with the ability to Solo content better than every class in this game. Which is why it's the most sought out solo character as well as prominent DPS among the general population. Wrathful Determination mixed with Destroyer is all I really need to say. Not to mention how much DPS Destroyer path, Unstoppable, and Jumped casting Sure Strike do when breaking shields and doing damage, as well as FREE stats you gain for investing in other stats.

Wan't a slight buff? Heres one for you.

1. Make Unstoppable more reliable. Nearing the end of 2018 and it's been YEARS and this mechanic has yet to be fixed and respect CC's and just reliably be able to be popped with ONE button press.

2. Make GWF gain damage reduction as it's stamina is diminished. This value has to be fine tuned so it's not over powered considering you have Countless Scars, Slam, Avalanche of Steel, Daring Shout, Unstoppable etc..

3. Increase the overall damage output of Wrathful Determination not by a lot, but so it can provide a little more sustain and burst damage for GWF when he purposely has his Determination maxed out/ filling up.

4. Lastly, make Destroyer stacks last longer so GWF can retain DPS. I am pretty sure it lasts like what 2 seconds? 4? Thats insanely low for damage retention. I'd recommend 6-8 seconds.

These are some flaws that I think if fixed, combined, it will help the class a lot as I have experience on it to know.

That is my opinion and my envisioned idea of how to improve the GWF without making him too OP, because honestly, if TR's, GF's Archery HR's and CW's weren't in this game, and not putting pressure on the GWF, GWF would be more of an unstoppable wall then he already is because in reality, only thing killing and pressuring a GWF now is a high ArP GF, WHICH COMES AT A COST, An Archery HR, (combat maybe with additional ArP) WHICH COMES AT A COST, a TR (self explanatory), and a CW's dodges, evasion and push.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

TR's Bloodbath makes them basically invincible while being one of the most damaging Dailies in PvP.

reminds me how gwf's tanking from unstoppable got gutted in pve due to pvp "abuse lul"

as long as devs refuse to make 2 " balance loadouts" for pvp and pve both cannot coexist in a healthy way.
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D:D:D:D:D you made my day.
  • Options
    > @modlesie said:
    > GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D :D :D :D :D you made my day.

Well, what advantages do you believe a GWF has ?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

> @modlesie said:

> GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D:D:D:D:D you made my day.

Please stop talking nonsense and learn how to play a GWF.

This is what GWF could do some time ago when i was still playing in this worst pvp balance MMORPG game ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-bjK4cMcVU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fye--vMUp4

and don't tell me i was weak because i was one of top pvp CWs in this game with tanky build 50%+ Deflect and 40%+ dr 170+k hp shield tab etc. and i could do a sh...against GWF who know how to play this class.

Hit like a train, taking no damage. I just logged some days ago to see how is it all going and I saw Saber is still on top of the leaderboard.

PS. You have a problem with TR? Welcome in neverwinter, beacuse there is no class who can beat TR in 1 vs 1 and this situation last from mod 5. Some of my TRs friends (Quilla for example) just stopped to play pvp because there was no challenge at all for them when they was just killing 5 people on the point alone and nobody can beat them 1 vs 1 with end game eq. Some of my friend made a test as a CW and he just lost with literally naked tr- oly main hand and often- full geared CW lost with naked TR. Nothing was made by devs to change it, and only answer i got from devs was" Yea, we know TR can be dangerous, we wil take care of it"...

But hey, in this game you can be 1 shotted by element of equipment- mane of manticore, so is there still any point in discuss here anymore?

GG,WP, i will give you advice- leave this game like i did, really no point in lose your nerves for Americans who don't even know how to play their own game and they prefer to play some board games and eats hamburgers on live stream.

You have some devs "skill" here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z89ByS5ZE8&t=

Greetings from the other world
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    M12b videos? AHAHA you so outdated.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

This is what GWF could do some time ago when i was still playing in this worst pvp balance MMORPG game ever made.

and don't tell me i was weak because i was one of top pvp CWs in this game with tanky build 50%+ Deflect and 40%+ dr 170+k hp shield tab etc. and i could do a sh...against GWF who know how to play this class.

Hit like a train, taking no damage. I just logged some days ago to see how is it all going and I saw Saber is still on top of the leaderboard.

PS. You have a problem with TR? Welcome in neverwinter, beacuse there is no class who can beat TR in 1 vs 1 and this situation last from mod 5. Some of my TRs friends (Quilla for example) just stopped to play pvp because there was no challenge at all for them when they was just killing 5 people on the point alone and nobody can beat them 1 vs 1 with end game eq. Some of my friend made a test as a CW and he just lost with literally naked tr- oly main hand and often- full geared CW lost with naked TR. Nothing was made by devs to change it, and only answer i got from devs was" Yea, we know TR can be dangerous, we wil take care of it"...

But hey, in this game you can be 1 shotted by element of equipment- mane of manticore, so is there still any point in discuss here anymore?

GG,WP, i will give you advice- leave this game like i did, really no point in lose your nerves for Americans who don't even know how to play their own game and they prefer to play some board games and eats hamburgers on live stream.

Top video second hit of IS isn't a bug. It does 2 hits. What BAFFLES me tho is that IBS AFTER the IS. You clearly dodged it and you still got hit by it with no sign of latency, desync, etc..
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @modlesie said:
    > > @modlesie said:
    >
    > > GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D :D :D :D :D you made my day.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, what advantages do you believe a GWF has ?
    >
    > Please stop talking nonsense and learn how to play a GWF.
    >
    > This is what GWF could do some time ago when i was still playing in this worst pvp balance MMORPG game ever made.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > and don't tell me i was weak because i was one of top pvp CWs in this game with tanky build 50%+ Deflect and 40%+ dr 170+k hp shield tab etc. and i could do a sh...against GWF who know how to play this class.
    >
    >
    > Hit like a train, taking no damage. I just logged some days ago to see how is it all going and I saw Saber is still on top of the leaderboard.
    >
    > PS. You have a problem with TR? Welcome in neverwinter, beacuse there is no class who can beat TR in 1 vs 1 and this situation last from mod 5. Some of my TRs friends (Quilla for example) just stopped to play pvp because there was no challenge at all for them when they was just killing 5 people on the point alone and nobody can beat them 1 vs 1 with end game eq. Some of my friend made a test as a CW and he just lost with literally naked tr- oly main hand and often- full geared CW lost with naked TR. Nothing was made by devs to change it, and only answer i got from devs was" Yea, we know TR can be dangerous, we wil take care of it"...
    >
    > But hey, in this game you can be 1 shotted by element of equipment- mane of manticore, so is there still any point in discuss here anymore?
    >
    > GG,WP, i will give you advice- leave this game like i did, really no point in lose your nerves for Americans who don't even know how to play their own game and they prefer to play some board games and eats hamburgers on live stream.
    >
    > You have some devs "skill" here:
    >
    >
    >
    > Greetings from the other world

Neverwinter PVP in the sum, GWF smashes CW, TR smashes GWF... only point I am not sure about are those hamburger.
    So many cheese in game like broken gear, drains and powers. I think devs prefer cheeseburger.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    recklessinvanity#3884 recklessinvanity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @modlesie said:
    > > @modlesie said:
    >
    > > GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D :D :D :D :D you made my day.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is what GWF could do some time ago when i was still playing in this worst pvp balance MMORPG game ever made.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > and don't tell me i was weak because i was one of top pvp CWs in this game with tanky build 50%+ Deflect and 40%+ dr 170+k hp shield tab etc. and i could do a sh...against GWF who know how to play this class.
    >
    >
    > Hit like a train, taking no damage. I just logged some days ago to see how is it all going and I saw Saber is still on top of the leaderboard.
    >
    > PS. You have a problem with TR? Welcome in neverwinter, beacuse there is no class who can beat TR in 1 vs 1 and this situation last from mod 5. Some of my TRs friends (Quilla for example) just stopped to play pvp because there was no challenge at all for them when they was just killing 5 people on the point alone and nobody can beat them 1 vs 1 with end game eq. Some of my friend made a test as a CW and he just lost with literally naked tr- oly main hand and often- full geared CW lost with naked TR. Nothing was made by devs to change it, and only answer i got from devs was" Yea, we know TR can be dangerous, we wil take care of it"...
    >
    > But hey, in this game you can be 1 shotted by element of equipment- mane of manticore, so is there still any point in discuss here anymore?
    >
    > GG,WP, i will give you advice- leave this game like i did, really no point in lose your nerves for Americans who don't even know how to play their own game and they prefer to play some board games and eats hamburgers on live stream.
    >
    >
    >
    >

https://imgur.com/3G8otpi
    I am currently one of the top GWFs on PS4. The point is "hitting hard" is not a fair advantage. Every other class besides SW's and CW's, can "hit hard".
    However, I can see why you would think that GWFs are fine where they are based upon these videos, but almost every class can dodge a whole Sure Strike combo with just one dodge while GWFs take FULL damage when running. Most attacks are homing attacks as well so even if we run far, we will still be hit.
    And if we are not taking damage it's because you are not doing damage.
    Any good GWF has meticulously picked every enchantment and every piece of armor to be good.
    However, any high end GWF can easily lose to any other lower end, less skilled class.

While I do like @theguiido 's suggestions, it doesn't really equate to the simplicity of taking 90% less damage or completely taking 0 damage because of "DODGED".

And lastly to respond to @schietindebux , TR smashes every other class lol
  • Options
    edited September 2018

> @modlesie said:

> > @modlesie said:

>

> > GWF is crying about his pvp state.... :D:D:D:D:D you made my day.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

https://imgur.com/3G8otpi

I am currently one of the top GWFs on PS4. The point is "hitting hard" is not a fair advantage. Every other class besides SW's and CW's, can "hit hard".

However, I can see why you would think that GWFs are fine where they are based upon these videos, but almost every class can dodge a whole Sure Strike combo with just one dodge while GWFs take FULL damage when running. Most attacks are homing attacks as well so even if we run far, we will still be hit.

And if we are not taking damage it's because you are not doing damage.

Any good GWF has meticulously picked every enchantment and every piece of armor to be good.

However, any high end GWF can easily lose to any other lower end, less skilled class.

While I do like @theguiido 's suggestions, it doesn't really equate to the simplicity of taking 90% less damage or completely taking 0 damage because of "DODGED".

And lastly to respond to @schietindebux , TR smashes every other class lol

First of, I agree about that GWF is one of the most challenging classes atm in PVP.
    I only think that the most obvious reason that class has atm, is the TR class wich is a big problem for every class (GF excludet to some degree), and a "bigger" problem for that GWF.
    GF = TR 1. victim, since SW got reworked with immunity frames and on top can reflect incoming damage (HR, "Infernal Spheres"= TR´s most hated power)

I met enough GWF on PC that were able to stand against most other classes 2:1 like Hunter, CW, SW, DC and clear nodes thatlike, if geared and build (50k power/20+k arp and mobility).
    GWF onecycles many classes with ease, admitted you need that setup to do so by using a combination of stuns lion+IS/SA, honestly can´t tell what else is needed ->GWF noob

The class drops off against OP, is disfavoured versus GF and got the worst stand against TR from all classes.
    So if TR was fixed from that overperfoming daily and "double-benefitting" from selfbuffs on top and maybe that class gets on par with deflectseveritiy (hypothetically), there might be a good chance that GWF will rise again in short without even touching the class.
    CW, Hunter, GF, OP, DC, OP, SW all those got skills to prevent instant death to some degree, they just die 5 seconds later in case that TR is not 5 years old, drunken or simply incompetent.
    Dodge+shield, stealth+dodge, Shield, healing+dodge, bugged At Wills+temp HP, mobility+reflectdamage and immunity frames.
    GWF only got that determination and the moment you berserk, SoD hits you like a truck through all defenses...only option is Avalanche of steel and run out of aerea I guess.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    theguiido said:

modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

Top video second hit of IS isn't a bug. It does 2 hits. What BAFFLES me tho is that IBS AFTER the IS. You clearly dodged it and you still got hit by it with no sign of latency, desync, etc..
    yea sure, you can hit everyone with your sword when he is in long range from you and behind the barrier even after dodge d(^.^)b this is not a BUG for sure :D

anyway- my point is GWF hitting like a crazy for even 100k IBS to defensive geared char with siegging +5, shield tab, shadowclad, etc. And taking literally no damage like 5/6k- wt....?

but who cares. pvp in this game is dead and devs do not care.

PS. someonedies- yes video isn't super fresh- but wait- any changes in balance since then? TR is killing with one daily since mod5- if i will post video made 3 years ago there will be no difference because we have this same sh... catch:

Mod5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrmke1LDTGE

Mod 12b:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sri3krCMdws

see any difference?

GG.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Big difference, mod 12b is even worse than before...
  • Options
    ivan#0524 ivan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Meanwhile mod 14 gwf pvp still terrible
    Really terrible
  • Options
    ivan#0524 ivan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    In mh opinion we need more defenses in pvp and a new atk skill something more relieble then ibs and we need a stun
    A normal one that will actualy work for about 3 sec
    We got many unuseble skills and passive that we never slot cause they dong work or are soo bad and terrible it makes me wanna cry
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I kinda feel sorry for gwfs this mod, these days I don't see gwfs on the other team, I just see oneshot opportunities.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    M15 soon; probably the developers will give each GWF memorial coffin and RIP title as reward.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪