test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shared companion upgrade token bug

I still can't place companion tokens in my bank. I thought this would be a priority fix but I assumed wrong. I hope this issue is fixed soon because I bought multiple packs to upgrade my secondary character for this reason and I'm very unhappy that it seems to be a waste of millions of AD

Comments

• Options
    jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Definitely. Very annoying. I check daily praying its fixed.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    They just can't flip a switch and fix things on console. They have to make the patch, which then has to be certified by Microsoft before being sent to console. The mod has barely been out week and we had a long holiday weekend. Have a little patience.

BTW, why didn't you purchase the upgrade tokens with the character you wanted to use them on?
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

BTW, why didn't you purchase the upgrade tokens with the character you wanted to use them on?

The op obviously assumed the game would be functioning properly and it wouldn't matter what toon the tokens were purchased on.

Shame on the community for thinking a new game feature would be working upon introduction.
  • Options
    jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I didnt purchase tokens i opened companion packs. Just happens i started a new toon as a psop and am using it as my new main. The tokens are sitting doing nothing on old toon. Why buy more when i should have been able to transfer. The ad transfer dont have any problems which wasn't even needed as u could just post to buy zen for 50ad each and cancle post on other toons and transfer ad that way. The comp tokens are the big one and somehow that gets fudged and blow off.
  • Options
    It's not being blown off. I would love to transfer my tokens too. Unfortunately with thousands and thousands of lines of code, there are bound to be glitches. You can either get mad and drive up your blood pressure. Or, have patience while they fix it.

If it is a server side patch it is a fairly easy fix. Console side patches take a little more time. Either way getting upset that it isn't fixed immediately, especially over a holiday weekend is just a little extreme. If mods were not sent out until they were sure that they worked 100%, I doubt that there would be any games produced.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Still not working post maintenance. A lot of players are really unhappy about this issue having puchased new companions pre mod 14 and hoping to be able to upgrade them. I hope this issue is given priority and not put on a back burner for 3 months as it is extremely frustrating and obviously companions play a huge part in the game now, especially end game.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Still not working post maintenance. A lot of players are really unhappy about this issue having puchased new companions pre mod 14 and hoping to be able to upgrade them. I hope this issue is given priority and not put on a back burner for 3 months as it is extremely frustrating and obviously companions play a huge part in the game now, especially end game.

It's only been SIX days. If there had been a patch to fix it they would have lets us know and more than likely we would have had to download it.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    It's actually been NINE days, mod came out last tuesday and maintenance was yesterday being thursday. Sometimes things are fixed during maintenance and they dont provide patch notes which is why I mentioned it.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    It’s funny how when there is an exploit that makes it to game, like being able to claim multiple free items and sell, they can patch really fast....how do they get those hot fixes and thousands of lines of code out and past Microsoft so fast?
  • Options

It's actually been NINE days, mod came out last tuesday and maintenance was yesterday being thursday. Sometimes things are fixed during maintenance and they dont provide patch notes which is why I mentioned it.

It's been SIX days weekends and holidays don't count.
  • Options

It’s funny how when there is an exploit that makes it to game, like being able to claim multiple free items and sell, they can patch really fast....how do they get those hot fixes and thousands of lines of code out and past Microsoft so fast?

Those are generally server side patches, no Microsoft approval needed.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Patience is one thing but let's be real here. Quality control sucks with this studio.

If you add a feature in like sharing tokens in your bank, one would imagine this would be tested in a dev environment before being pushed to a live server. How did no one notice at any point during the procedure that it didn't work?

It's not like class balance that requires some real deep testing. I mean, this required someone click on an input field and attempt to type. That's all.
  • Options
    I'm not defending, I'm just trying to let cooler heads prevail. Should have it happened? No. Should they have more attentive? Of, course. But the fact is, it did happen and I am sure they are working to correct it. But it definately will not be fixed overnight, especially if it is a console side.

But what I am seeing in this thread accusations of lying and deliberate wrongdoing. People are acting like kids bouncing in the backseat screaming "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" This will be my last post to this thread (for which most of you will probably be grateful) because I don't want to be accused of being part of some grand conspiracy to rip off Neverwinter users.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    We will get a statement soon saying that the feature is not coming to console along with some rubbish compensation. Sales of tokens probably took a drastic slump with this feature for a short time on PC leading to this decision.

That is just my opinion and not fact (well not yet anyway lol)

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)