test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CR - Brink of Death issue

rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
Starting this evening, as soon as we enter the Strahd's room (last boss), the group is affected by the Brink of Death power from Strahd.
This makes the dungeon quite hard.
Is anyone having the same? Should it be considered a bug?

Oltreverso guild leader
Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Hmm, they referenced Brink of Death in the:

July 25 Patch notes

"Players should now consistently be defeated by Strahd's ability, Brink of Death, without chance to revive."
    It seems like it is now working more consistently after the recent patch, hence removing the chance to use Scrolls of Life.

Now this dungeon becomes even more unforgiving, with pretty bad rewards. While it is possible to complete the dungeon without dying, it will push more groups into getting defensive classes (think OP/GF/DC) rather than a more rainbow composition of classes, especially at the final boss...

Now I know people will say, "but it's better with a rainbow composition", whatever, once you die, you're dead. There are just more abilities with defensive classes to survive than otherwise.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    vordayn said:

July 25 Patch notes

"Players should now consistently be defeated by Strahd's ability, Brink of Death, without chance to revive."
    It seems like it is now working more consistently after the recent patch, hence removing the chance to use Scrolls of Life.

Now this dungeon becomes even more unforgiving, with pretty bad rewards. While it is possible to complete the dungeon without dying, it will push more groups into getting defensive classes (think OP/GF/DC) rather than a more rainbow composition of classes, especially at the final boss...

Now I know people will say, "but it's better with a rainbow composition", whatever, once you die, you're dead. There are just more abilities with defensive classes to survive than otherwise.

The problem is that it's not only brink of death now. Everything wipes you, if by some miracle an executioner hits you while you're "kidnapped" you're wiped. If bats bug out and deal a few millions damage, you wipe. If an aoe comes and all the buffs are not up, you wipe. It's NOT supposed to be this way.
    It completely nullifies the purpose of soulforged enchantment, and if the op/dc gets grabbed by strahd you're kinda screwed.
    You basically have a constant, reapplying revive sickness.
    nooneatza said:

vordayn said:

July 25 Patch notes

The problem is that it's not only brink of death now. Everything wipes you, if by some miracle an executioner hits you while you're "kidnapped" you're wiped. If bats bug out and deal a few millions damage, you wipe. If an aoe comes and all the buffs are not up, you wipe. It's NOT supposed to be this way.
    It completely nullifies the purpose of soulforged enchantment, and if the op/dc gets grabbed by strahd you're kinda screwed.
    edited August 2018
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Cryptic, if you are going to have perma brink of death, fix the bugs first or this is unplayable. Also, after completing, my group was stuck in perma combat and couldn't get loot, also fix that as well please.
  • esiss1013esiss1013 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Aww well that sucks, I really liked that dungeon. After 2x seals there will be no reason to run this anymore because if they have not fixed the bugs that wipe you far more often than group set up does it becomes a waste of time. Especially when you consider the HAMSTER rewards it consistently pops out.

Blue salvage and maybe a Blood ruby to complete the hardest dungeon in the game and also having to run it flawlessly.
    Give me a break.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I see no issue with this, it should be left as is. In fact if this was in all content I would approve.

You're obviously referring to the "stuck in perma combat and couldn't get loot" part right? ;)

No loot is just as good as bad loot.

• maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    GG again.... nice ninja patch from thursday.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    what a ridiculous thing to try this from the beginning is how to try it from the beginning I do not understand how to set up a patch I have already left too many players to play for you. the purpose is castle ravenloft nobody nobody already lag and bug too much why did you dungeon why nobody enters.
    do one more dying die again what a ridiculous adjustment is the purpose of what? let us understand

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Starting this evening, as soon as we enter the Strahd's room (last boss), the group is affected by the Brink of Death power from Strahd.
    This makes the dungeon quite hard.
    Is anyone having the same? Should it be considered a bug?

It is being done to play the game.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Yes please, make CR harder and leave the bugs in. Hopefully it will discourage people from queuing for it. I'm so sick of getting CR in REQ.
  • bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    I can vouch for the comments about the lack of groups running CR even before these troubles. The increased lethal debuffs just means people will take groups like OP, tactical GF, GWF and 2 clerics in order to maximise chances of survival so it will become more difficult for clothies like CWs, SWs and TRs to get into groups and given the drop rate for sunset shards might as well give up on restoring sunset weapons if you are a clothy :(
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    howardb55 said:

I can vouch for the comments about the lack of groups running CR even before these troubles. The increased lethal debuffs just means people will take groups like OP, tactical GF, GWF and 2 clerics in order to maximise chances of survival so it will become more difficult for clothies like CWs, SWs and TRs to get into groups and given the drop rate for sunset shards might as well give up on restoring sunset weapons if you are a clothy :(

There are many smarter, better ways to encourage "rainbow parties" then adding insta-death.
    De-activating scrolls of life/masslife in CR would be "pro-rainbow".
    Reducing lifesteal in CR would be "pro-rainbow".

Rezzing is a standard and important part of PvE teamwork and strategy. Removing Rez from CR just makes it annoying, not challenging or fun.

And then the added kick in the HAMSTERs bug of stuck in combat pose/no chest?
    Expect CR to be pretty empty until these are corrected.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It was not my intention to open a discussion around CR, loots or whatever: I know there are different perspectives about them.
    It sounds strange to me that you start the combat and immediately you get a brink of death that last forever. You start again and again the same.

I'm wondering if the behavior (not the effect per se) of Brink of Death should be considered WAI or not: the patch note says nothing about it: ""Players should now consistently be defeated by Strahd's ability, Brink of Death, without chance to revive."
    Reading the statement, I can only say that the effect works as intended, but it says nothing about the dynamic/behavior: the players are affected immediately, the effect never expires while you are in, so no chance to take a breath.

At the end of the day I need some seals and I can quit CR after the second boss without wasting my time against Strahd: if the devs like as it is now....well....their choice.

***EDIT***
    By the way: it's bugged.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242284/new-castle-ravenloft-bug-after-todays-maintenance

Oltreverso guild leader
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    This has been acknowledged as bugged and was not supposed to be active for the entire fight. A potential fix is being tested and is likely to arrive in a week or two.

Hopefully they won't need two.
    FrozenFire
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

This has been acknowledged as bugged and was not supposed to be active for the entire fight. A potential fix is being tested and is likely to arrive in a week or two.

Hopefully they won't need two.

Thank you for confirming that it's bugged. Waiting for the fix.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    What a bunch of whiners, you are in the realm of a Dark Lord. The Dark Lords of Ravenloft gain their powers from the land itself. Their lairs are known as sinkholes of evil, that weakens all who enter. This "Brink of Death" power sounds like a normal challenge for the IL 13K players and higher. When playing table top D&D you get a saving throw and if you fail, you are dead. Some of the Dark Lords such as Azalin Rex lord of Darkon has the ability to rewrite your memory and disallows saving throws.

All the players crying this is too hard, fail to remember, this is a video game, where you get to cheat perma-death all the time. I hope none you actually play table top D&D, the character sheet will drown in your tears. Please try to have fun.
    wb-cenders.gif