test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future SW Changes

nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2018 in The Nine Hells
Within the link following this post are a list of changes which could help bring the SW in line with other strikers of the game. Obviously it’s a relatively large list which is why higher priority changes are indicated by blue text. The changes suggested in this list were well thought out to strengthen the Soulbinder paragons desirability but also strengthen the class as a whole in the “DPS” department. The suggestions provided were curated by a group of SWs within the Discord server designated to the class which currently hosts 325 members. Hope some of these changes are either implemented or used by the devs as a structure or guide for future changes made to the Warlock :)

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Agree about some stuff, but only to be realistic...
    Nothing we could ever propose in this game and about this class will lead to a desireable setup giving the warlock a competetive role as a striker these days, except cryptic bugs our class again (it allready is), to deal damage like TR´s or a hunter does.
    Maybe give us back that silly puppet and we can run a damnationbuild for a short period.
    ACT in codg (mod14) told me yesterday, Sod procs for near 500.000.000 in a random/pug group , underperfoming supporter includet.
    They "fixed" TR as the best single target class (only to mention, TR was on par with Hunter and GWF) and multiplied damageoutput from SoD about x10.
    That´s how thing work in this game. There is no planing and testing, they simply implement broken stuff and done.

Since balance is nothing that could be reached at any time in this game, we should focus on forgotten powers and performance/paragons in general, without even trying to get things back in line, concernig our primary role :)

I never use : vampric embrance, infernal spheres and more.. Curse Bite, Harrow Storm ? nerver using them
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Not to use anyone's words against them, but I for one am very ready to be .... "pleasantly surprised"

And having stuck with the SW (along with the other die-hard masochists) for the last two years, my bar for pleasant really is not that high.

So here's to hope living eternal.
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @balanced#2849
    Here is an updated proposal list for SW. This list contains 5 of the top changes chosen by members of the Warlock community which could help fix some of the primary issues with our class. Thanks for reading :)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/150FW7NlSydxnPgu8SdcvtRSBJob_T2U0U9ocW2HcfeM
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    nabu#4746 said:

Here is an updated proposal list for SW. This list contains 5 of the top changes chosen by members of the Warlock community which could help fix some of the primary issues with our class. Thanks for reading :)

So first remark : THOSE CHANGES ARE NEARLY EXCLUSIVELY AIMED AT FURY DPS BUILD
    --> Damnation and Temptation still exist! More! Temptation is the current SW mainstream :p
    So, I'm saying it's not the overall SW changes top 5.

Second remark : Those changes are FAST FIX OF SW DPS, IN ORDER TO PUT IT CLOSE TO META
    --> It's no way near what SW really need: a complete consistent balanced rework (in fact it's true for all classes, classes interractions, foes, foes interractions, ...)
    (But it's not like the devs' will ever give us that... We can branstorm it, but if it's for nothing...)

Now that the context is clear I can go into details
    • 2 - Murderous Flames change from KF to all fire powers
      • MF is an exclusive feats for Fury, I think it's not well placed (but I've no solution)
    • 3 - Scornful Curse change from "10/20/30% to LesserCurse & DeadlyCurse" to "WC +30% buff"
      • On one hand, it's a good plus to Fury & Damnation DPS and to Temptation buffing (if it's shared)
      • On the other hand it mean to completly put to trash LesserCurse & DeadlyCurse
        • I think it would be more consistant and better for build variability to give it a REAL boost like 100/200/500% buff to LC & DC (opening a path for competitive spamming build)
    • 5 - Self buff changes debuff to buff for FoE & Helltouched
      • Why not add InfernalWrath to the list?
    • Potential changes
      • Pince of Hell change from ArPen&LS to 20%buff
        • NOOOOOOO! All low & many mid level Warlock NEED ArPen (even if they may not know it)
        • Giving buff is great but only AFTER the ArPen cap is reached (theorycrafting inside)
      • Shadow Walk change from Speed&LS to 15%buff
        • NOOOOOOO! There is a need for speed & dodge for lot's of build!
        • However, you might replace LS with recorvery or some other things

Minus my previous remarks, those "fast fix dps to meta" changes are a good work!

Now you need to make the top 5 for all that o:) :
    • Cleaning inconsistencies and tune underperforming feats and powers
      • % of weapon damage feats --> Underperforming
      • Curse removing and curse (anti)synergies inconsistencies
      • Darkness Temptation exclusive feat --> debuff are not shared? What?
      • Joke/underperforming powers : InfernalSphere, VampiricEmbrace, WraithShadows ...
      • WardingCurse passive -> Shared? At least to puppet?
    • Making Damnation viable (but is it a DPS class? A tank/protection class? A buff/controller class?)
      • Pushing it to Tanking (with the associated reward, not as a 'false class' like Temptation) seem to me the fastest way to rebirth it
    • Balancing Hellbringer vs Soulbinder and feat trees
      • The SW is not "logically" consistent: there is a mess of flames, shadows, necrotic effect, souls, curses, magic circles, invocations, ...
        • Hellbringer --> Hell flames
          • Fury --> Shooting flames everywhere, and more flames and MOOOORE :blush:
          • Damnation --> Mighty fire puppet(s)
          • Temptation --> Buffing damages, the more you burn to more you buff
        • Soulbinder --> Souls, Shadows
          • Fury --> Big and mighty souls attacks (defence by-passing?)
          • Damnation --> Tricky soul puppet(s)
          • Temptation --> Breaking foes synergies, improving team synergies (efficency of heals, of shields, of power sharing, ...)
        • Oathbreaker --> Curses, Circles, Necro
          • Fury --> Ever increasing and contagious necrotic damages (debuff&buff)
          • Damnation --> Raising an army of undeads
          • Temptation --> Stealing from foes to allies (damages, health, speed, defence, ...)
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @schietindebux said:
    > Agree about some stuff, but only to be realistic...
    > Nothing we could ever propose in this game and about this class will lead to a desireable setup giving the warlock a competetive role as a striker these days, except cryptic bugs our class again (it allready is), to deal damage like TR´s or a hunter does.
    > Maybe give us back that silly puppet and we can run a damnationbuild for a short period.
    > ACT in codg (mod14) told me yesterday, Sod procs for near 500.000.000 in a random/pug group , underperfoming supporter includet.
    > They "fixed" TR as the best single target class (only to mention, TR was on par with Hunter and GWF) and multiplied damageoutput from SoD about x10.
    > That´s how thing work in this game. There is no planing and testing, they simply implement broken stuff and done.
    >
    > Since balance is nothing that could be reached at any time in this game, we should focus on forgotten powers and performance/paragons in general, without even trying to get things back in line, concernig our primary role :)
    >
    > I never use : vampric embrance, infernal spheres and more.. Curse Bite, Harrow Storm ? nerver using them

I love in every thread like this some people have to bring up others classes like TR or HR to compare to and in hopes of getting them nerfed instead of just discussing what the actual post is about. TR was in a bad spot for a long time too and recently got buffed but it seems like since SW isn't as good you want it to be you want to bring it back down. I don't even play TR but comparing the two is just silly.
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @duckntroll
    Of course some of the changes were targeted for Fury, it’s our current DPS path not to mention the devs already said they were looking into damnation.

As far as Temptation goes, it’s in a nice spot and doesn’t need as much work as Fury/Damnation (the primary thing I would change in Temptation is the personal Buffs/Debuffs should be converted to work for the group, for example “Darkness”)

The armor pen from PoH is not necessary as Armor pen is an easily obtainable stat in the game with a very generous ratio and the class Features definitely need reworks considering how pathetic all of them are.

The Top 5 list was designed to be quick simple changes as those are the ones the developers seem to be more inclined to make. Presenting very complex changes to mechanics would not encourage the devs to make further changes as they would think it will take too much time (something they never seem to have a lot of)
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

I love in every thread like this some people have to bring up others classes like TR or HR to compare to and in hopes of getting them nerfed instead of just discussing what the actual post is about.

Asking for bug fixing and classes balancing doesn't equal to asking other classes nerf.

TR was in a bad spot for a long time too and recently got buffed

SW has ALWAYS been a BUGGED class since day one, and still is...
    Without BUGGED features SW has ALWAYS been "in a bad spot", and still is...

it seems like since SW isn't as good you want it to be you want to bring it back down. I don't even play TR but comparing the two is just silly.

Balancing is a feature that all recent & decent games MUST provide.
    • So have you Munchausen Syndrome, or are you just silly trolling?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2018

>
    I love in every thread like this some people have to bring up others classes like TR or HR to compare to and in hopes of getting them nerfed instead of just discussing what the actual post is about. TR was in a bad spot for a long time too and recently got buffed but it seems like since SW isn't as good you want it to be you want to bring it back down. I don't even play TR but comparing the two is just silly.

1. If my playtime in this game is about 1 or 2 days,
    2. If I am stuck in leveling dungeons and don´t run endcontent and can´t tell anyting about other classes or balance,
    3. If I know nothing about NW history and warlock´s history in special,
    ... I should avoid to comment.

This is not about nerfs, it´s about a class (warlock) that was either broken for 3 years or incompetent for another two in terms of dps and buffs/selfbuffs and the ammount of threats I read about it is endless, same as bugs were a constant factor sicne the beginning.
    @balanced#2849 followed @amenar ... but it still looks like unfinished business.
    The best paragon to play atm seems to be temptation in PVE (HB temp), wich was pretty clear the moment you read that "rework".
    This seems to count for PVP as well (SB temptation).
    @balanced#2849 I am thankfull that the horrible time ended, when warlock was nothing than a burdon.

I run beside many TR´s even before SoD rework (the broken version allready got "fixed"), and TR was a dominant class in codg all the time beside GWF and Hunter. I also remeber when my ingame TR friend PM´d me and told that his SoD procced for >5 mio on that dummy without any buffs. I answered he should enjoy until it´s over.
    The class was not in a bad spot concerning endcontent PVE wise, same as it is simply broken in PVP since ages.
    The only problem about the class was and still is, that a huge majority of player can´t pull the maximum out of that class, far >90% fail I´d say. That´s a different topic to solve when it looks like "it´s all about rotation and timing".
    Talking about GWF the percentage of player that deal solid dps is much higher.
    If a warlock with a legit setup was able to compete vs a similar geared and skilled TR/GF/GWF/Hunter there was no discussion.

Actually there is a need for a fix and buff of HB-fury (Soulbinder also to some degree), noone wants to be overbuffed btw.
    Same as damnation needs some love too, or they simply state that damnation is the solo setup for "lonely wolves" that need a buddy or for leveling content and not ment to be from utility in dungeon runs any more...

Anyway, why is it stupid to compare one striker with the other? Both want to fill their role in this mmo rpg.
    I don´t comment on any suggestions because it´s too much wall of text noone wants to read , actually in a not existent discussion.
    But I am thankfull for everyone writing them down ... just in case.
    Post edited by schietindebux on