test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunts/Hidden Boss Within Dungeons

jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
Looking at how successful of hunts in Barovia where no matter what class/ ilvl can participate. ..

Why not create hunts within dungeons where players be able to access to "hidden boss" .

Where hunt lure can be collected from drops of dungeon/older contents .. these lure should be account bound and only party leader can place the lure

- Reason for the lure to be account bound and only leader can place it is to ensure the owner of the lure will have a place in the party
- This will give reason for player to go access back older content as well its a short-cut to create more different/difficult content
- Encourage players to communicate and coordinate with other... newer players will able to get into party to do the content together
- If were execute correctly this can help ease the problem where players complaint cant get into particular content due to META

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Some dungeons have minibosses, such as in Karrundax and Spellplague Caverns. Cragmire Crypts also has one that's blocked off.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Great idea +1 from me - I was only thinking the other day this type of thing could be added to older areas such as Ebon Downs as well! :smile:
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I was recently running msp with a group of 16k+ players. All four of them had no idea there is a hidden boss in this dungeon. They were like "ZOMFG this is like Christmas" when I showed it to them.

Fun time.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

Looking at how successful of hunts in Barovia where no matter what class/ ilvl can participate. ..

Why not create hunts within dungeons where players be able to access to "hidden boss" .

Where hunt lure can be collected from drops of dungeon/older contents .. these lure should be account bound and only party leader can place the lure

- Reason for the lure to be account bound and only leader can place it is to ensure the owner of the lure will have a place in the party
    - This will give reason for player to go access back older content as well its a short-cut to create more different/difficult content
    - Encourage players to communicate and coordinate with other... newer players will able to get into party to do the content together
    - If were execute correctly this can help ease the problem where players complaint cant get into particular content due to META

All the dungeons used to have hidden content & mini bosses. Everybody zerged right past them.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i think the Card system could be placed on Dungeons

Somthing to increase dificulty and prizes like cards i mean...
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    what happens on old dungeon is ages ago.. people run pass it cox its not rewarding enough to spend time on.

I know a couple of friends still hunting ecc for a hat drop for transmute .. It will requires to be rewarding for people to go for things like that.

If it follows the hunts model which gives special drops ,people purposely farm for it...It been like 2 modes people still doing mod 12/13 hunts.

Now just think of it as doing hunts in a dungeon instead of open field