test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RP Guild

zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2018 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello everyone !
I've just recently started playing Neverwinter again, and it feels like I'm really falling in love with this game !
What I enjoy the most is the whole D&D universe, being an old D&D player myself, I just can't stop smiling when I hear the words "Waterdeep", "Deva", "Gruumsh", "Nine Hells", "Tiamat" and everything ... I actually started RPing with the Basic Red Box around 1984 (yeah I'm that old :o )
So, I was looking for a RP Guild, but I'm having a hard time finding one ... I'm not even looking for a heavy RP Guild or anything, just a Guild with nice & friendly people who like to do some RP from time to time and develop their characters a little bit more !
Are there any RP Guilds around that you know of ?
And if there aren't, would anyone be interested in creating one with me ?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My husband has the boxed editions from mid to late 80's. The problem with RP, from my experience in the game, the RP players are locked away inside the brothel. When I do travel to the Moonstone Mask, they are just flirting with each other and sounds more like teenagers cyber talk and less like role-playing. I have detailed biographies on all 8 of my characters, they can be read on the official wiki within my name space here.

My RP Style
    Late last night I was RPing in Barovia as Nicholas Magnus. I simply have a one sided conversation with my companion (Thayan Illusionist) Morbius and usually berate him a lot. They are both nasty mercenaries of the new Black Network. Last night my conversation went something like this;

I fail to understand these Barovian contracts Morbius, they want to pay us for kicking rocks and stealing candles? Where is the risk in that?
    (later after turning it in)
    I blame you and your poor penmanship Morbius! Ezmerelda was shocked when I tried to burn those candles in her brassiere! When you take notes, why do you make your Z's look like S's? Come Morbius we finally get murder some witches!
    (later after turning it in)
    I don't understand why she refused the 5 witches heads for proof of death? As long as she paid, I have no issue. What are we to do with the heads Morbius?
    Sell them to the children of Barovia? Morbius why would the children buy them?
    Life size Blinsky dolls, Morbius you might get a promotion for this idea!

At best I get the LOL from someone, other times they fail to understand, or I get told to shut up. But I refuse to be locked away in hole somewhere. This is a MMORPG not Call of Duty. Sometimes my friend is online and chimes in, Dervish of Thay has claimed the relationship to Morbius as his cousin. Dervish is a GWF dressed in Thayan garb with a scythe, yet he claims to be a great and powerful Red Wizard of Thay. Dervish of Thay shares the same companion as I do, the Thayan Illusionist. We have one other member (who I wish was online more often) but his character is the guild leader of Shava's Guild of Mercenaries a hunter ranger who is blind. That is about as far as he goes with RP, but he puts up with our shenanigans. I guess you can call it an RP guild. I just try to put come flare into the chat every now and then.

wb-cenders.gif
  • zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Well honestly I find it incredible that in the MMO of the grandfather of all RP games there is not one single RP Guild :o
    ...and moreover, noone that seems interested in creating one, or at least doing some RP from time to time !
    I think I need a minute to wrap my head around this :p
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    zaarr said:

Well honestly I find it incredible that in the MMO of the grandfather of all RP games there is not one single RP Guild :o
    ...and moreover, noone that seems interested in creating one, or at least doing some RP from time to time !
    I think I need a minute to wrap my head around this :p

Go to the moonstone mask
    This is where the community typically is found and there are a few rp guilds.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    There are actually several RP guild's if that's your thing!

Select 'O' for Social Options then click on the FIND GUILD tab - then under Social Group - select to include (left) not exclude (right) the RP tag.

That and several other Social Group's options may help you narrow down a few RP guild's, you should find a wide range of personalities, hopefully several that you get along well enough and can have some fun.

Good Luck!

Go to the moonstone mask
    This is where the community typically is found and there are a few rp guilds.

Can you now see what I mean here? My statement above, "The problem with RP, from my experience in the game, the RP players are locked away inside the brothel." Don't tell me we have the whole game to RP, I was in PE doing some and people tell you to go to the brothel every time. This area sets a mood of players there cybering and such. Nothing against you adults talking dirty to each other, but RP is a totally different animal. Depending on time of day you stop in there, you get different crowds. Most RP guilds will be small and thus not as many players online at the same time as you.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thanks guys for the advices, I'll check the Moonstone Mask, and the Social panel then !
    But I'm note sure what Sandukutupu (what kind of a name is that ? :p ) means by "locked away inside the brothel" ... are RP Guilds only E-RP Guilds ?
    That would be weird...
  • whisper#3962 whisper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @zaarr said:
    > Thanks guys for the advices, I'll check the Moonstone Mask, and the Social panel then !
    > But I'm note sure what Sandukutupu (what kind of a name is that ? :p ) means by "locked away inside the brothel" ... are RP Guilds only E-RP Guilds ?
    > That would be weird...

What they mean by locked inside the brothel, is a LOT of people who roleplay in this game are usually at the Moonstone Mask(Which is the place they mean). People RP, but depending on the type of day, you find specific cliques. As for guilds, I'm personally solo'ing still since I can't join a majority for another half yr; but the "brothel" is purely a place in Protector's Enclave's map. You're more likely to find players who're there to go through quests and chat without roleplay everywhere else in the game.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    zaarr said:

Thanks guys for the advices, I'll check the Moonstone Mask, and the Social panel then !
    But I'm note sure what Sandukutupu (what kind of a name is that ? :p ) means by "locked away inside the brothel" ... are RP Guilds only E-RP Guilds ?
    That would be weird...

They are not erp guilds. People if they do erp don't do it guild wise. Its more personal thing between some characters and they always take it somewhere private. Well mainly, mask is ic gossip, umm flirting sometimes, feasting, and drinking. Its more or less being used as the feast hall it is in the lore.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Moonstone_Mask

I would like to see other taverns, instanced the same way the mask is. Would like to see them add the Beached Leviathan.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Beached_Leviathan
    @zaarr I am being nice and using the less vulgar and base term for it. From the same wiki article listed under Prices "If a client desired the company of one of the ladies from the staff, additional 45 gp were added to the bill."

I would like to see other taverns, instanced the same way the mask is. Would like to see them add the Beached Leviathan.

Dervish of Thay, the same player I mentioned above agrees with you. He told me on several occasions he would like to see a group use the Driftwood Tavern in PE for meetings. There is plenty of room in that place. I continue to RP whenever and wherever.

As for the various forms of Role Playing, they are all pretty much the same. It is nothing more than improvised acting. Historical re-enactment has been practiced by adults for millennia. However instead of just retelling history, players determine the actions of their characters based on their character's psychological behaviors. They improvise freely and their choices shape the direction and outcome of the story. My husband and I ran a free LARP at many conventions between 2007 to 2010. I also cosplayed at many of the cons and that all may sound silly but it is nice to step outside your shell and walk in someone else's shoes for a while.

The last time we did a convention was Ohio, I was in a wheelchair due to recent surgery. I really wanted to cosplay so Brian made a green diamond out of wire and cloth and hung it on a tiny fish line above my head. I didn't know what he was up to, until I heard all the people at the convention around me, "Oh, look it is a SIM!" Then I realized he made me my best cosplay costume I ever wore.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Or try the FIND GUILD option under Social 'o' options with the RP Tag on the Left. ;)