test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Quasit won't attack

zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I love how everything is really D&D-specific in this game, like for instance the Companions !
I have a very annoying (but in an awesome way) Quasit companion, but I'm not sure he's attacking my ennemies :/
I don't see him moving or making any attack or anything, maybe he's doing something that I don't see, but how could I be sure of that ?
Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Quasit is an augment. It doesn't attack. In fact he's bound to the disc he's riding on, as I recall.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Yeah. The quasit doesn't attack. He's trapped in a devil circle and can't do anything because of it.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Mine refuses to pick up my magic books i have tried kicking it, calling it names and generally showing it that i am the superior creature but it just won't do what i say.

I don't want to strangle it into submission pls halp.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    zaarr said:

I love how everything is really D&D-specific in this game, like for instance the Companions !
    I have a very annoying (but in an awesome way) Quasit companion, but I'm not sure he's attacking my ennemies :/
    I don't see him moving or making any attack or anything, maybe he's doing something that I don't see, but how could I be sure of that ?
    Thanks !

Augment pets do not attack and they have no attack power. They passed their stat to the character.
    Type 'C', Companion, Choose your pet, 'Stats'.
    Once upon of time, Augment pet was BiS.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Ah ok, that's why this little fool wouldn't leave his disc then :p
    So his use is to increase my own stats then ?
    Well, ok, I can live with that, I feel that my Warlock is a bit too powerful already anyway ... maybe thanks to him ;)
  • Options
    zaarr said:

Well, ok, I can live with that, I feel that my Warlock is a bit too powerful already anyway ... maybe thanks to him ;)

Augment companions always improve your stats with a portion of their own stats. The higher rank the Eldritch Runestones are that you put on them, the more of their stats they pass on to you. Also, if they are Legendary quality, they transfer an additional percentage of their stats to you. (This is Legendary bonus is true of all types of companions.) Companions that attack are better to use Bonding Runestones on and they give you a portion of their stats when they attack and that buff lasts for something like 30 seconds. (You can use Eldritch Runestones on them; Bonding Runestones are just better for companions that attack.)
  • Options

zaarr said:

Augment companions always improve your stats with a portion of their own stats. The higher rank the Eldritch Runestones are that you put on them, the more of their stats they pass on to you. Also, if they are Legendary quality, they transfer an additional percentage of their stats to you. (This is Legendary bonus is true of all types of companions.) Companions that attack are better to use Bonding Runestones on and they give you a portion of their stats when they attack and that buff lasts for something like 30 seconds. (You can use Eldritch Runestones on them; Bonding Runestones are just better for companions that attack.)
    Augment companions always improve your stats with 100% of almost all stat type of the augment instead of only a portion. There are few stat type augment companion cannot pass up.

Eldritch runestone can be used by augment companion and regular companion.

Eldritch runestone on augment pet needs careful calculation and it is not necessary better in many cases.

Eldritch only gives a certain percentage of pet stat.
    e.g. Eldritch rank 9 gives you 13% of general stat. Another rank 9 runestone gives you 800 stat that you choose.

If the augment has 6153 general stat, one Eldritch rank 9 will give you 800 extra general stat while using another runestone rank 9 gives you 800 stat of your choice. So, it does not make sense to use Eldritch rank 9 if the general stat of the augment pet is less than 6153. Different rank different calculation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

If the augment has 6153 general stat, one Eldritch rank 9 will give you 800 extra general stat while using another runestone rank 9 gives you 800 stat of your choice. So, it does not make sense to use Eldritch rank 9 if the general stat of the augment pet is less than 6153. Different rank different calculation.

I looked and I don't see a "general stat" on the augment companion that my wife's warlock is using. It's got individual stats, like critical strike, armor penetration, and so on. None of those are anywhere near 3000, let alone 6153. The highest one is around 2k and I think that was armor penetration. Could you explain a little more, please?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I looked and I don't see a "general stat" on the augment companion that my wife's warlock is using. It's got individual stats, like critical strike, armor penetration, and so on. None of those are anywhere near 3000, let alone 6153. The highest one is around 2k and I think that was armor penetration. Could you explain a little more, please?
    My "general stat" means the number of all the common stat add together. i.e. power, ArmPen, Critical Strike, Recovery, Defense, Deflect, Life steal, etc. HP cannot be transferred. Basically, Eldritch rank 9 gives 13% of almost every common stat. Probably, I should have used "misc. stat".

For example, Eldritch rank 9 vs empowered runstone rank 9.

Eldritch r9 gives 13% of your pet's power, ArmPen, Critical Strike, Recovery, Defense, Deflect, Life steal, etc.
    vs
    empowered runestone r9 gives you 800 power.

Then, you ask yourself which one is better for you. That depends on what your pet is having.
    In most case, I would take empowered r9.