test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The power to moderate your own guild chat.

alaron#5994 alaron Member Posts: 10 Arc User
So. I ask you the question. Why the hell have we not got the option to mute/ ban someone from posting in the guild chat, for a certain amount of time, if they are becoming a nuisance? I would be a useful tool to punish someone if they are a good contributor, but are just being too much in the chat. It may even teach them a lesson too! It would also provide a way to punish without booting someone.
Just a suggestion. It would be great if it was taken into consideration.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You are able to make a rank that does not have access to Guild Chat. Just make a rank for that and demote the players to it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    I mean that's not a bad idea. But, it seems like a little bit of work just to keep people in line. We shouldn't need to keep a rank free to demote people into to mute them. There are plenty guilds out there that just arn't built that way for their ranks.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'd actually like to see the ability to mute someone in alliance chat. More often there have been times where we've been dealing with an abusive issue and would prefer to shut them down mid rant while we deal with our dirty laundry by PM or in our own guild chat. Both options to mute in guild and alliance chat would be useful but I'd be happy continuing without it to see more ballance passes.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Kicking them from the guild bans them from chat.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Use a custom channel for your guild chat. We do this because we have a sister guild and we want a channel that both can see. I believe you have more rights over it.
  • Options
    Kicking someone is always an option, yes. However, I'm suggesting a way that could be used without losing a member.

As for a custom channel, trying to force everyone onto a channel to use over the guild chat itself (or alliance if you are in a guild like that) is like trying to make the correct amount of pasta. You just can't freaking do it unfortunately. People do what they want.

Each and every guild is different. Each have their own ways of dealing with things. I'm just merely suggesting a "soft ban from chat" feature for guilds just for those situations where the member has not earned a kick, but certainly needs to be put in their place. Where the member needs to be shut down in the middle of a rant while you deal with them personally. To simply put it, something to help out the officers and leader deal with the problem there and then.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    By the same token, if you mute/ignore a player they may take it upon themselves to depart anyway.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

As for a custom channel, trying to force everyone onto a channel to use over the guild chat itself (or alliance if you are in a guild like that) is like trying to make the correct amount of pasta. You just can't freaking do it unfortunately. People do what they want.

If it's part of the culture, it works, we rarely see anything in guild chat other than by mistake, people are invited to the channel before being invited to the guild and it's explained why we use it. We're a nearly full R20 guild with a R15 secondary guild which people of lower IL are invited to. Some members also have their own storage guilds or more rarely alts in other guilds.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    How can you possibly make the wrong amount of pasta?!?

I think guild chat moderation sounds like a great idea.

In the meantime, nothing gets a hint across like a mailbox stuffed full of polite requests from all the other members to shut the heck up.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

As for a custom channel, trying to force everyone onto a channel to use over the guild chat itself (or alliance if you are in a guild like that) is like trying to make the correct amount of pasta. You just can't freaking do it unfortunately.

What are you talking about? I always make the correct amount of pasta! However much I make, that's how much I eat! :lol:
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    We only use a custom channel and not the built-in one, and it worked well since guild inception.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Our guild has been using custom channel for years. That has a lot more practical use than guild chat. With how people are playing these days, everyone has many alt and not every alt are in the same guild. We have alt in our 'private' guild.

If guild chat is used, it means he/she can only see the chat when he/she are playing the character whose is in the guild.
    Using custom channel, every character he/she is playing can see the chat.

Nobody in our guild uses guild chat.
    If a new member posts in guild chat, he will only get one kind of reply from everyone. "Use the guild custom channel". And the one who posts the advisory message needs to take some effort to switch to guild chat to do so.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***