test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recovery for SW is broke ?

darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
i tested carry 7k of recovery and after 8k of recovery and both cool down of killing flames was same 9 sec how is possible i belived 400 recovery = 1% cooldown reduction someone have same trouble ?

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

i tested carry 7k of recovery and after 8k of recovery and both cool down of killing flames was same 9 sec how is possible i belived 400 recovery = 1% cooldown reduction someone have same trouble ?

Someone can probably post the exact math, but I can give you some ballpark generalizations to look at.

400=1% is just an approximation and not exact. However, even if it was and it used the adjusted time to figure reductions and not the full unadjusted time, 1000 additional recovery would be 2.5% so with 9 sec X .975(100% -2.5%) is 8.775 sec or with rounding still 9 secs. So, no surprise. To drop a full second would take close to 9-10% reduction or around 3600-4000 additional recovery.

How much additional time reduction were you expecting for 1000 additional recovery?
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    well maybe 3 or 4 % less cool down reduction if have for example 18 of INT ability score and that suppos increase recharge speed i think should be some noticeable i mean 18 INT= 8% recharge speed of x% recharge speed in your stats rate chart ?

For example for ArPen increase a bit ArPen is very noticeable in the increase % with 18 points INT
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited August 2018

well maybe 3 or 4 % less cool down reduction if have for example 18 of INT ability score and that suppos increase recharge speed i think should be some noticeable i mean 18 INT= 8% recharge speed of x% recharge speed in your stats rate chart ?

For example for ArPen increase a bit ArPen is very noticeable in the increase % with 18 points INT

But, you are not taking into account that your existing recovery (recovery, Int etc)was already affecting the cooldown time and reducing it to 9 sec. So, the Int and any other recovery based stats were already in effect. The only change was an increase of 1000 in the example you posted, so that reduction would apply to the already reduced time of 9 sec.

If I am recalling correctly, Killing flames has an original cooldown of 16 sec. The 9sec number you are using is an the already reduced number.
    Post edited by zephyriah on