test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ability to vote kick from random queues

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Just finished Illusionists Gambit where 2 of the other 4 players died and didn't revive or release. For the whole level eventually causing us to fail (low level toons) and guess what, we couldn't even try to vote kick them because it's not an option. Why not? Players still disconnect once they get the dungeon they don't want, change toons and come back without penalties (it seems) and then just do nothing and get credit for those of us who try? I call BS

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    There is no reinforcement in IG after the starting gate. If you failed, you would have still failed if the other two had just left. My recommendation is that if you are queuing IG directly for gold, then queue with a full party. If you come into IG via random queue, then ask if others want gold. If there are responses for bronze, then assume they will AFK and just vote bronze and be done with it. No need to aggravate yourself.

Also, people cannot disconnect and switch to another toon anymore. If they disconnect, they must come back with the same toon or they get removed from the instance/queue and given the penalty.
  • Options
    yirarax#1742 yirarax Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    A democratic vote was had and the majority clearly won. As such it would be the democratic thing to do if you'd just accept you were out-voted and as such participate actively to improve upon the run time total.

If you just go AFK and not contribute in any meaningful way then you are actively sabotaging the game. That makes you a bad person, otherwise known under the pseudonym "'A.Hole'".

Though it should be polite decorum to ask if people want to do gold and only do so if no complaints are received.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Or you could just be an adult and leave if you don't want to stay and further contribute to the effort.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    What? Take the penalty and give the gold runners the option to leave scot free? Better to just disconnect. Then the gold runners can save face by finishing up silver, or wipe, and leave. No one ends up with a leaver penalty.
  • Options

What? Take the penalty and give the gold runners the option to leave scot free? Better to just disconnect. Then the gold runners can save face by finishing up silver, or wipe, and leave. No one ends up with a leaver penalty.

The one that disconnects does.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

The one that disconnects does.

If you try to switch to another toon now, a warning pops up reminding you that another toon is already in an instance and that if you log in with a different toon, the first one will be removed from queue and given a penalty.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    When IG was drawing well-geared players from epic queue (11K and unlocked FBI/mSP), there was a strong incentive for lower-geared players to queue up with three and try to entrap two well-geared players to carry them to gold. I AFKed to discourage it.

I'm not so sure the sham voting happens as often now since IG started drawing newbies/lowbies from leveling queue. Newbies and lowbies are more likely to want gold. So I don't even bother with IG now, I leave as soon as I get in. The remaining players can wait for a reinforcement if they want gold, or continue with one less player for bronze.
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    There is no need to be 3K ITL or so when you join a random queue (I've seen a lot of such players).
    7k ITL is very cheap at lvl 70 and with that you can solo any random Leveling Queue.
    I have plenty of 8K toons and they can easily solo any random they get (including IG and that happened not long ago, we had two players below 3K, they died quick, one player logged off and the other player was like 5K, but he/she did help in that run).

Someone mentioned IG gold runs, I don't think randoms ever vote for gold since everyone wants quick AD (and it's a good thing IMO).

I mean guys, come on, get some minimal gear before joining randoms (just ONE random run will give you enough AD to make you fully geared).

EDIT. As for ability to vote kick, yes, you can vote to kick in most dungeons (I've done that when we had afk players, but not sure about IG, maybe there you can't).
    Post edited by robai#6206 on
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited July 2018

There is no need to be 3K ITL or so when you join a random queue (I've seen a lot of such players).
    7k ITL is very cheap at lvl 70 and with that you can solo any random Leveling Queue.
    I have plenty of 8K toons and they can easily solo any random they get (including IG and that happened not long ago, we had two players below 3K, they died quick, one player logged off and the other player was like 5K, but he/she did help in that run).

Someone mentioned IG gold runs, I don't think randoms ever vote for gold since everyone wants quick AD (and it's a good thing IMO).

I mean guys, come on, get some minimal gear before joining randoms (just ONE random run will give you enough AD to make you fully geared).

EDIT. As for ability to vote kick, yes, you can vote to kick in most dungeons (I've done that when we had afk players, but not sure about IG, maybe there you can't).

IG is in the leveling dungeons now. Many players are under Lvl 70.

After you go thru the portal, you will not be sent any replacements for lost or kicked players.
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2018

That doesn't mean they should be joining random dungeons naked.
    I've seen lvl 70 player with just one primal ring and nothing else, except for lvl 1 weapon.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    AFK = Leech no matter what the reason, and nobody likes a leech.

Maybe some AFKers actually view themselves as victims, but I bet most of them are the same players who AFK in any skirmish they get. They'll even pull out their beach chairs in Dread Legion or Master of the Hunt. They. Are. Not. Going. To. Participate. Ever.

But thankfully, most of the time no one needs them anyway.
  • Options

If you try to switch to another toon now, a warning pops up reminding you that another toon is already in an instance and that if you log in with a different toon, the first one will be removed from queue and given a penalty.

In case you missed the memo, the leaver penalty is now account-wide.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

That doesn't mean they should be joining random dungeons naked.
    I've seen lvl 70 player with just one primal ring and nothing else, except for lvl 1 weapon.
    That wasn't the point of your original post & has absolutely nothing to do with my reply. You said it was easy to get a 3.5k IL toon up to 7k. And it is. If you are lvl 70. all it takes is 1/2 hour to open up Ravenloft & collecting the Vistai set. Unfortunately, many players in IG (we were disussing IG, remember?) are under level 70. Because it is in the leveling queue now. 3.5K IL is a repectable range for a level 30 toon. Getting a level 30 toon up to 7kIL is a different matter. As is players that are too lazy to level up their alt armies.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    greywynd said:

In case you missed the memo, the leaver penalty is now account-wide.
    Of course I know. My point was when you switch characters, the penalty is not given until you switch/login with a second character. Until then, you can always log in with the first character and get back into the run. If the run is already finished, then the character is transported to PE and no penalty.
  • Options
    Then it seems another adjustment is required.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Another "fun" behaviour: players having temper tantrums and refusing to proceed through the dungeon. Some friends of mine did a TONG run and pugged a tank. They got a GF, 12K and no guild, so someone who can barely get into TONG at all, but that's okay, you can usually carry one weak player in TONG, even a weak tank.

While waiting for him to zone in, they wiped out the first bunch of Yuan-ti mobs. When the tank finally finished loading the map, he got *mad* that they'd started without him, cursed them out, refused to run the dungeon, then portaled to Barovia and started running quests there while insulting them all in /party. Dude didn't leave the queue or change characters, because he didn't want the leaver penalty, he wanted to force them to kick him or for one of them to get angry and leave.

(Bonus: The first vote to kick him failed, because one person hit the wrong button and another was AFK. This isn't related to the bad player behaviour, just funny.)

Anyway. Even restricting him so he couldn't leave the map and go quest wouldn't solve this - this dude would have just stayed in the opening campfire - but clearly the current kick rules aren't working to let you remove toxic non-contributing players while preventing abuse-of-kicking.

My modest suggestion: In PVE, the 4-hour lockout on kicks is too long, the 5 minute delay on map start before kicks is too long. Make the lockout on a SUCCESSFUL vote-kick 2 hours - if you're still in the same dungeon at that point, you deserve another chance to vote someone off the island - and the lockout on an unsuccessful vote-kick 5-10 minutes. Make the delay before you can vote-kick someone at the start of a queue 2 minutes at most.
  • Options

... we had two players below 3K, they died quick, one player logged off and the other player was like 5K, but he/she did help in that run)... I mean guys, come on, get some minimal gear before joining randoms (just ONE random run will give you enough AD to make you fully geared).

...easy to get a 3.5k IL toon up to 7k... If you are lvl 70. all it takes is 1/2 hour to open up Ravenloft & collecting the Vistai set. Unfortunately, many players in IG (we were disussing IG, remember?) are under level 70. Because it is in the leveling queue now. 3.5K IL is a repectable range for a level 30 toon.

Last time I leveled a character, I spent a little time checking out the stats of the people around me, and I was surprised how low characters' ILs are from late 60s-70.

3-4 K is pretty standard for someone in green and blue, and very few of those newer 70s have any boons.
    I'm assuming both versions of IG are still in the leveling queue? They must be, right? I mean, it would be nuts to expect a level 30 to complete even Bronze of Master IG.

In which case, it's probably the same old story - got people who have been dropping into regular IG since they started playing and doing fine, then suddenly, they turn 70, and the IG they once knew has turned into a psycho hellpit. If they're flailing and failing, they're most likely legit players who are wondering what in the world is happening. If the character's standing around picking its nose or dead on the floor, it's most likely some highK's leech alt.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My understanding is that there is only one Illusionist's Gambit now but I have never done the current leveling queue.

"Random: Leveling Queue — All pre level 70 content as well as Illusionist's Gambit (Master) and Dread Legion."
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    yirarax#1742 yirarax Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    pitshade said:

My understanding is that there is only one Illusionist's Gambit now but I have never done the current leveling queue.

"Random: Leveling Queue — All pre level 70 content as well as Illusionist's Gambit (Master) and Dread Legion."

That's only if you are level 70 though, no?

I have never met anyone below level 70 in IG if I was 70 myself. You can not see the other version anyway.
  • Options
    Like I said, never done the current version of Leveling queue. The quoted text could support either interpretation, 2 different IGs in the same queue or 1 unified one.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think pre70s used to be able to see both versions of IG before Mod 14. Master had a lock on it, I believe. I've got a low character on PS4 I can check with...

Edit: check with - Someday - that is. Apparently it's still too low, and I'm not sure when I'll get around to leveling it up.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    nvm, misread