test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quartermaster vs Wanderer's Fortune

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I just have a question, I'm on XB1 and was wondering is the quartermaster enchantment broken? Wanderer's Fortune seems to proc more than the quartermaster enchantment. I have 2 Rank 13 quartermaster enchantments and using wanderer's fortune. So at 4% for both wanderers' Fortune procs more, then I added the 2nd one and it procs even less at 8%. So I am assuming that there is a different mechanic for enchantment procs and mount bonus procs. If a 4% they should both proc about the same amount in my head, but they don't. I figured at 8% it would proc more it doesn't. I am using a farming loadout where speed doesn't matter at the moment. So I am getting all the kills but no loot from the QM, I have used them for about a total of 3 hours and received 13 spoils of war. What am I doing wrong?
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Most drop enchantments have a limit and built-in cooldown. Wanderer's doesn't seem to have one. There have been many posts on this subject and from what I've read the consensus seems to be there is a soft cap of 10 per day per character and after hitting it the number of drops slows way down. The Dev's have never and likely will never clarify the exact system for the limit and cooldown. The higher your drop %, the sooner you will hit the soft cap.

My advice is to switch to something else when you notice the limit kick in. Heck IMO even Tymorra's, which are the worst, are better than a QM that has hit the limit. Fey's blessing is the best option as it is the only one of the good "drop utilities" that seems to have no cooldown or limit.
  • Options
    Ok thank you for the information, I will see if I can trade it for Fey Blessing. Just dumped all my Sharandar currency into my guild.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    dagambit said:

Ok thank you for the information, I will see if I can trade it for Fey Blessing. Just dumped all my Sharandar currency into my guild.

I wouldn't recommend trading or selling any of them. You still need to be at 10.5 or 11% quartermaster when opening the bags on 2X Enchant weekends to insure only rank 6 and 7's from the bags. The least expensive way to do it is to acquire a duplicate helm or boots and put a fey, DH or Tymorra's in the stol and then swap out the equipment when you hit the soft cap. This way there is no cost for swapping enchants.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The enchants have a cooldown and limit like zephyriah stated. Wanderer's does have a limit and cooldown as well. If you're running multiple characters you may not notice it as much since the cooldowns are per character.

Fey Blessing enchants are the worst of the 3 in my opinion for one reason. The drops do not go in your bags like wanderers, dragons hoard or quartermaster drops do. You end up missing drops sometimes if you're rushing around.

To me, it's not which is better though. I like to run all 3 enchants and wanderers. You definitely want to have spare QMs for when you open them to hit that % as stated above.
  • Options
    Ok thank you so much for the information.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)