test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what good is HR in end game dung

bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
ive played Hr since oct 2014 have a 16.5 Il could get 17 if I want swap some stuff but even at that Il u got have best timing and friends that know when to buff to get any good shots. and lately with lag from constant downloading that's not happening . it seems funny I could kill groups of monsters with 1 hit then some mods later with higher lvl gear same mobs are 3 hits or more . its the constant nerfing and trying to make old areas content to live up to new areas. so that they can keep lvl 70 cap . about gave up on it HR is thing of the past go OP u will get in groups all the time

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, I know the feeling. A couple of mods ago we were right on par with gwf, now... not so much. The cafeful attack problem has hit us hard, and I still miss all the stats from pre-nerf bondings. Getting groups is well, near impossible to the point where I still haven't been on a full CR run. 17k HR. It's a joke.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ive done full runs as both combat and archer spec in CR. HR's do a tons of DPS. If you're having trouble getting groups it sounds like the word is out that you don't know what youre doing. I wouldnt want a scrub as my main DPS either when im on my warlock or pally.

If you guys need help in game with build stuff hit me up.

-Sleek pepper
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Pve wise, I'm a scrub. ☺ Half-decent scrub, but scrubby. Tong I'm fine, codg I fall off a lot.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Pve wise, I'm a scrub. ☺ Half-decent scrub, but scrubby. Tong I'm fine, codg I fall off a lot.

I've done a lot of codg as a dc. I've noticed hrs are the single most likely class to fall off. I've ran it with my hr and I've ran it with my dc. my dc has very sticky feet. serious lag can hurt me occasionally but for the most part I can pretty much guarantee no fall. hr on the other hand. the dodge just isn't enough or powerful enough. we have the worst dodge by a landslide. i'd say I have a 3o or 40 percent chance of falling in codg. considering how sticky I am with the dc I find that really unacceptably bad in the gifts we are given

• Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    HR dodge is broken, it has abyssmal rubberbanding and the immune frames are horrid.

You can test the rubberbanding by pressing down the dodge button. Some dodges are half of the distance comparing to a one tapped dodge and some dodges even pull you back where the dodge began.

this has been notified to the devs months ago, no fix in sight.
  • Options
    guufy#5261 guufy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Iv had no problem running any contenct with Hr as main dps. Sisters fight is super easy just mechanics and knowing when to attack and when to stop. Puging Cr is pointless people are tunnelvisioned even when u try to teach them. I just dont understad the saying that Hr is not on bar with GwF it all depends on player,rotation,builds, situational awareness and meny aspects more. Cant expet to have high damage output as Hr with button smashing. I beat most of the same ilvl Gwf-s But now Tr-s are harder to beat but still beatable. So Hr is totaly fine atm, Just practise , min max your stats. Think when ur going to proc your artifacts to maximise party debuffs and buffs and so on. U must know your class really good to preform good. And for Codg falling, 3 rd time i went there is stayed on ever since. Problem there is people just stack up those debuffs and wont move avay from red circles and die. Just to get more damage in.

Xune 18k Hr
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

jonkoca said:

I've done a lot of codg as a dc. I've noticed hrs are the single most likely class to fall off. I've ran it with my hr and I've ran it with my dc. my dc has very sticky feet. serious lag can hurt me occasionally but for the most part I can pretty much guarantee no fall. hr on the other hand. the dodge just isn't enough or powerful enough. we have the worst dodge by a landslide. i'd say I have a 3o or 40 percent chance of falling in codg. considering how sticky I am with the dc I find that really unacceptably bad in the gifts we are given

I figured out something that helps a ton with staying on as hr. use the ham treat that extends stamina by 25% then you can do an extra dodge or two. helps a ton.

• Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hello @guufy#5261 , I have to disagree with you.

Saying that HR is on par with other classes is somehow wrong. Speaking from endgame point of view is not a valid feedback to people who are not playing with 16/17k+ parties.

If you have a group of friends who have endgame toons, performing good is very easy. Lots of people here do not have the comfort to complete the dungeon setup with friends online (not even speaking of "meta" setup). Currently buffs can make many classes a dps monster - again, especially with endgame support players in party.

Don't misunderstand me - I do not blame you for having friends, but don't expect everyone to have them in game.

You are telling that sisters are easy with HR, but do you find sisters easy from trapper point of view, or combat? If you know some way to stop dot damage of trapper - please share, I am always happy to learn new things.

I think that you are forgetting that not all people are "18k hr" and low or mid-geared HR (especially trapper) is really hard to keep up with GWF.

Some people also don't have the comfort to run with full friends stack and they are forced to pug.

So in my opinion saying "we are great if... (and place here 5-10 required conditions) doesn't mean we are.

I do agree we are not in a bad spot, the only thing that hurts me in person is CA bug, but hey - could be worse. Also, you say about knowing rotations, there isn't much of philosophy when playing combat spec and for sure there isn't much of rotation with it since we are not "rotating" our powers all the time cause of dominant melee stance.

Peren, 17.2k HR :smiley:
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    The title is about "What good is Hunter in endgame dung"...
    I saw many hdsp hunter and the fastest runs in codg I did with hunter or TR as main dps, or both.
    So from my pov after several hundreds of runs "Hunter is good in end game dung", at least in that dung.
  • Options
    @schietindebux actually we perform best in 10+ people content cause of how Gushing Wound works, also we buff everyone with Longstriders.
  • Options
    I cant even answer @wizardlvl80#5963 questions because seems like moderators dont like what i have to say about this class state or the meta problems and so on.
  • Options

I cant even answer @wizardlvl80#5963 questions because seems like moderators dont like what i have to say about this class state or the meta problems and so on.

We can continue discussion on PM if you want :smile:

• Options
    Hello wizardlvl80 !

Ok il start speaking what happened before 15k line as Hr with me. I had no ingame friends only 2 people in the list and my guild was small like lvl 12 and meybe 4 people online. Could not in a million years run Tong with them. i havent even touched tong. Puged groups and alliance help was only way i could get people to come run. So after a while doing it u will be getting added if u preform well . Thats a problem yea because of the meta group madness. But start your own groups if ur lower ilvl and later u will be invited because people know u preform good. Important is to have good guild and an alliance. Those people are like your friend list u play and get better with them. Im aware about this stupid ilvl searching like 17k+ and so on . I take everyone for a run no mather the ilvl. Even ran CR with GF-tank/sw/cw/Op-devo/hr dps not meta group but did it in 34 min mark so this meta HAMSTER is really stupid this is the main cause meny people are left aside.

Iv tried all combinations of possible Hr builds and yes only viable in endgame to keep up with other dps is Full combat. Trapper lacks the burst and even roots wont root mobs. Well archer is archer. Thing with knowing rotations is. i do use both ranged and melee stance but melee ofc most of the time ranged is more like utility/filler.Under rotations i ment more of how to manage yourr cds so you can proc flurry damage boost without single hit without it. Without flurry procs its really low damage. Both stances because of lss buff i take in fights + cordon of arrows when i move back in with animation canceling and + the 3% damage buff for change stance .

Sisters fight if ur trapper let people know so they can hide of sight with chains on behind those pillars and voila damage is gone.
    U can also time it if u do it some while . And there is always 3 or more seconds to respond and not to applay any other dot when she starts to talk . There is always a way.

• Options
    Well i have to say this. Before reaching even ilvl 13k this was mod12 i wanted to quit Hr. I had no irl friends playing this game and my guild was lvl 10 with meybe 3 people online. The only way for me was to pug and give 100% every run. Tbh the ilvl mania is really bad because u can be low ilvl great player and high ilvl really bad player also. To say i had friends to play with was like 0. Those come in time when u start makeing groups. As for dps class you must start your own groups noone will invite you when ur lower ilvl dps and that almost made me go for support char not dps. I was afraid of makeing my own groups at the start because it was my first toon in this game and i had no clue how buffs and debuffs on classes work and so on.

Problem now is 14k-16k Hr-s are forced to support not to play as dps because people are too meta and think dps hr is really bad. Or we really need a boost or atleast some tuneing and makeing other specs more viable again.

I was thinking more of High endgame level but yea as mid tier dps its really hard as Hr because ur starting to shine later on.
    I have to say on bar with Gwf was abit too much yea but can keep up with combat build but not with other ones we have.

As for sisters with trapper i say u can break line of sight so the damage stops compleatly for the chained target(chained target must break the line of sight with the chained sister) . Those pillars are there perfect for that. There are cues also but i dont know those from the back of my head atm havent counted the seconds.

Well for rotations i mean more of your CD managment to proc flurrys and knowing when to Pop artifacts, lss+throw caution and so on.

Xune
  • Options
    Hello @guufy#5261 !

Ok, now I can agree with you :smiley:

Yes - endgame HR is good for endgame dungeons (still not sure if good for CR but won't argue). In tong I only have some problems during Orcus fight cause I really don't like Stormwarden Combat's single target performance (a bit sloppy for me) and I like Pathfinder Combat more but the nerf for CA made it somewhat useless.

I also agree with argument that we are absolute monsters in terms of mob clearing and can outperform any class in this area. Problem is that nowdays all endgame dungeons are heavy reliant on single target damage and we are not the best ones for it.

Problem is also the fact that trapper is somehow lower tier now cause it takes time to kick-in when combat deals instant damage. And I understand lots of people dropping HR cause they find combat boring and miss trapper being competetive. I also find it boring but cannot ignore best dps spec we have.

Unfortunately, low or mid-tier HRs (like you said) are really not performing good comparing to GWF. And it's not couraging to say that "you will be a good class when you will hit your endgame gear and status". Not to mention that lots of HRs don't know how to deal with our abnormal aggro generation which causes many of them to get aimed and oneshotted by mobs/bosses.

I also agree with you that making your own que is the key to run the content you want. Either it's pug or not. But it's also very discouraging that when someone is looking for dps and you pm them they ignore you cause of the class. It's all about GWF or TR nowdays, especially in endgame.

For example: you can put almost any enchantment on GWF and perform greatly. Flaming, Terror, Holy Avenger, Fey, Lifedrinker, new one from CR is usable almost execlusively for GWF and we're stuck forever with Dread on trapper and Vorpal/Fey on combat. That's sad. Especially if you compare prices of Dread with Terror/Flaming.

And it's not like have any other useful loadout except for DPS to get into dungeons. And to be considered competetive you need to have really good gear as HR. Not exactly the same with GWF.

And to sum this up: I can take care of myself. I am more then OK with making my own groups but I look at my guildies who try to play their HRs and are really resigned or they are dropping them to create something they will get into newer dungeons.
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    HR are totally endgame viable. Just don't many people seam to know that make groups. I have a friend who had a 16K HR during Mod 13. His main enjoyment was to beat 18K GWF's on the CoDG paingiver chart and then hear them cry foul and accusing him of hacks. Combat HR's are awesome. Archer's are suffering from lossing buffs because they are too far away from the action. I know it sound old, find yourselves some friend and proof to them. A DPS combo of HR,TR, Mof will wreck havoc in 5 men dungeons.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    When people ask if a HR is end game viable we need to ask if the player is playing as a trapper, archer or combat. Out of those three the only one that is having issues ATM is the Trapper. The archer is a great buffer and the Combat is in a really good place.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    How i missed reading funny stuff from this forum.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2018

jonkoca said:

Problem with CoDG is almost everyone tends to use their movement mode to stay on. Due to the changes for the pull push mechanics simply go to the edge and walk away when he is pulling you. Than when that finishes walk towards him for the push. Bam you stay up. I did this with R7 darks on my OP and did not fall off, and I only had 2 darks on at the time and I did not use my bubble to make it a point.

Players get to caught up in the I'm going to fall off and not realize how easy it is to stay on. I fall off due my joy stick and how easily it pushes in for the movement mode. So when I'm walking I something slide or teleport and end up off the map. If that does not happen I'm 100% on the platform and going about my business.