test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not so random queues?

snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
In the past 3 days I've quickly noticed that it seems im only getting the same dungeons repeatedly. In 3 days of 3 runs each I've gotten Princes Folly 7 times in a row and PoM twice.

Doesn't really feel all that random to me. And to be clear, when I say 3 times in a row I mean one after another. Thursday was 3 follys in a row. Friday was 3 follys in a row. Today was 1 folly and then 2 PoMs. Considering there are 14 dungeons to choose from it seem improbable for this to happen.

Any one else running into this type of problem?

Comments

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    Aren't the random queues supposed to help people that queue in the ordinary fashion to get a complete party. In that case you will get their queued dungeons first. There's no completely random dungeon chosen unless no person is queueing for any dungeon.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    As was said, they are not random. They are filler queues, or "We will shove you where people public queued but can't fill enough for a party"
    It just sounds better as random. They will only be random if there is no applicable public queue to fill.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you queue as a full party with tank and heals, it can be random, though it can also add you to a trial.

Even beyond being filler, when they put skirmishes in the same queue as dungeons and trials, the queue became lopsided. Dungeons and Trials have requirements for tanks and healers. Skirmishes do not. While I don't know how they coded the selection process, it seems likely that it will put people into whatever is going to be faster to fill. That is usually going to be a skirmish. Healers and tanks will likely get put into dungeons to fill slots, but dps are so common that this is far less likely. It can grab 5 people at random and fill POM, Throne or Folly. Anything else requires getting the right mix and if the goal is to make queues pop as fast as possible, people solo queuing will simply get a skirmish more often, especially if they are DPS.

I imagine the current system is better than the previous, but ultimately the content in the queues should be uniform in requirement.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    Ok I'll accept that but then why the hell are people running the same dungeons over and over again? I just did 7 MotHs in a row today. got 2 tiamat runs in a row yesterday, Havent done any RIQ runs yet today but Im willing to bet I'll get 1 dungeon multiple times in a row.

It wasn't like this before mod 14. Sure I might 1 dungeon twice in a row here and there but this is becoming a clear pattern. Something is different.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    snotty said:

Ok I'll accept that but then why the hell are people running the same dungeons over and over again? I just did 7 MotHs in a row today. got 2 tiamat runs in a row yesterday, Havent done any RIQ runs yet today but Im willing to bet I'll get 1 dungeon multiple times in a row.

It wasn't like this before mod 14. Sure I might 1 dungeon twice in a row here and there but this is becoming a clear pattern. Something is different.

To farm Chult Pants & Shirt. To farm Companion gear. To farm Linu's Favor to finish Tyranny of Dragon campaign. To farm...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2018

I am back to getting IG gold too often, held hostage by three people from same guild/alliance, and just going afk in it.

I leave immediately when I get IG now. Not worth the hassle, rather take the 30 minutes penalty and do something else. It's only one run for the day. No biggie if I don't get another chance to RLQ again. The randos are coming from LQ so they will mostly be lowbies. Even if some of them aren't conspiring to rig the vote, most of them are probably interested in gold anyways. So you will probably end up AFKing for 30-45 minutes if they don't wipe fast.