test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug list Neverwinter Preview 19/07/2018 (British Date)

ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
*** Updated 19/07/2018. Alright let's see what issue are still left.

So let's get down to business.

- The Scourge Warlock feat Creeping Death does not critically strike ever. *** Still an issue
- The Frosted Smiting Glyph is doing strange things in PvP. It can deal between 800-21000 everfrost damage in one hit to other players. Works on
classes: SW,CW,OP,GF and DC. (Haven't tested the others, nor have a tested whether it is simply scaling with buffs and debuffs yet). *** Still an issue

Classes, combat and powers
- Nerfs to Combat HR are increasingly significant and have, by now, fully murdered that paragon for PvP. Between cluncky animations, faulty Mane of the Manticore, 15 second heal over time from Wild's Medicine and nerfed DPS on Blade Hurricane this build is now completely not viable for competing in the new MOD14 meta. These nerfs will also put HR in a very difficult position for group dungeon content as the class is being backed into the Support Role corner in high tier and potentially low tier dungeons. Bottom line is, this paragon now needs a full rework. *** The HR class imbalances are still an issue - somehow I think this is probably something for a Quality of Life update in Mod14b or Mod15 as I know SW rework is in the works as well.

PvP *** I still need to test these things - turns out it's hard to PvP if you have no friends. ;(
- The GF power Griffon's Wrath does not grant stacks of CC resistance in PvP, nor does it scale with CC resistance if you do have stacks.
- The GF daily Indomitable Strength only grants 1 stack off CC resistance and yet hits 2 distinct times that can happen even if the first one is dodged. Thus it should add 2 stacks of CC resistance for logical consistency.
- Speaking of logical consistency, the CW power Ray of Frost adds only 1 stack of CC resistance to the other player for the duration of its effect, and 1 stack when they are frozen, despite the slow that it does - seems about right. Then compare that to the DC power Forgemaster's Flame that, when empowered, adds a stack of CC resistance for each time it is cast even though it does the same slow effect a CW does with Ray of Frost. This makes doing any form of Combo kill with a DC impossible. Please make the slow effects in PvP more logically consistent when and where they apply stacks of CC resistance.
- The HR power Boar Charge is very inconsistent with its animation and range. Its very easy to have that power go on cooldown without it ever being used and it very rarely delivers its full effect unless standing > 5" away from the target. Please increase the range of this power so that it goes on cooldown less and makes it more usable and more competitive. Also, this power is extremely weak in PvP at the moment DPS-wise. Really it needs to deal about 200% more damage at the base level to consider it balanced, but I'll accept any moderate buff to this power as a starting point.
- Another HR power facing a lot of animation issues is Fox's Cunning. This power now so rarely actually happens that I had to remove it from the encounter tray for something else because it was hampering gameplay more than it aided it by having the player animated standing still and dealing no damage and still target-able. This power should work exactly the same as Bloodbath does in the TR in the sense that it deals no damage if the other player dodges, but still "latches" onto them, obviously with much shorter duration. I think the fix to this power would be to increase its range, but also some work might be needed with animations as to how it interacts with jumping/knockback effects as those guarantee the power will not work. e.g. if you jump and cast it the power does the animation but in the spot you are standing, unlike bloodbath.
- A buff to Piercing Blades is needed, after the bug fix that prevented it from dealing damage based on pre-mitigation like how TRs used to work the power has really been hit overly hard.

PvP, Classes and Powers
- An issue that has always plagued my mind about the power Ice Knife for CW is its interaction with the Paladin Aura and GF shield. As the GF shield is placed logically in front of the GF why would a power that drops an Ice Knife from above the player be affected by such a shield? Correcting this interaction to how it should behave such that the GF cannot mitigate damage from ice knife nor provide CC immunity from it would also go a long way to balancing out the current PvP meta.
- The CW Shield on TAB also grants CC resistance bonus, however, this affect is currently working at 50% effectiveness in PvP at the moment and does not give any CC resistance when the player also has stacks of CC resistance. *** This is actually due to one of the CC resistance boons in one of the campaigns, if you take off all other CC resistance effects apart from TAB shield and PvP CC stacks you get the full expected resistance to CC.

*** I haven't been looking into any new bugs as of NW 100...a.12 so expect to see the list increase soon.
Post edited by ibz4ez#9773 on
Tagged:

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Eldritch runestones don't give HP, it is empowered that gives the HP.
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    As an example of the companion stat issue, here are my companion's stats on the live shard

and these are my companion's stats on preview

Stats on preview should actually be higher, since all of my stuff is upgraded fully there. Knowing people, there will be a mass panic if this hits live, glad it has been posted here already.

Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I think the companion is treated as a player and enchantments on it are scaling to its level, as a part of the level scaling rework.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2018

1 week to go till the big release and the game's still broken AF. So I had a little "Oh Hamster!" moment and decided to release all of my current bugs and bugs in testing so that players on live don't have to deal with this any longer than they need to.

I've highlighted some bugs in red as they are the most pressing issues that cannot be put onto live server.

So let's get down to business.

Combat and Powers
    - The Scourge Warlock power Brood of Hadar causes Mane of the Manticore to multiproc (both PvE and
    PvP) and is currently moderately gamebreaking. I would request and urgent fix, but actually could you do it after the
    PvP with the devs event? Thank you.
    - The Paladin power Aura of Courage is causing the Mane of the Manticore's Bite to deal increased radiant damage. (It might scale with all powers and buffs which seems a little odd, should only scale with
    armourPen/Defense).
    - The Scourge Warlock feat Creeping Death does not critically strike ever.
    - The Frosted Smiting Glyph is doing strange things in PvP. It can deal between 800-21000 everfrost damage in one hit to other players. Works on
    classes: SW,CW,OP,GF and DC. (Haven't tested the others, nor have a tested whether it is simply scaling with buffs and debuffs yet).

Companions and Companion gear
    - Bonding Runestone Rank 14 now gives us 1050 power rather than 2000. I don't know if this is an intended change because you guys released a
    patch a few days ago with no patch notes and the general Neverwinter Preview announcements page in the forums is a bit of a mess.
    - Companion gear does not give the correct stats (including the enchants on said gear), especially with augment companions.
    - The Empowered Runestones on defensive slots are giving augment companions 4000HP instead of 20000HP.
    - Bonding Runestones' effect disappears whilst in combat (and companion is alive) roughly every 30 seconds for 2-4 seconds, the buff bar remains
    the same.
    - Players who experienced the bondings not working on their characters have an issue where the first time they summon their companion and gain the buff, it is only half as effective. You have to remove bondings, de-summon, re-summon and then re-add bondings in order to get the full (still not correct) amount of stats from them.

Animations and PvP
    - I'm not ready to list the specific examples here as I'm pretty sure developers are aware of the issues already through the class forums and I don't have the mental capacity at the moment. But as a general bug notice, it's bad. Most affected classes being HR,GF,GWF and CW.

*** Edit 1: 21/06/2018

Items and Gear
    - As of yesterday, 20/06/2018, the Mane of the Manticore's Bite is - well, misbehaving. The first proc of the helm deals considerably less damage, between 8-20k (Tested on SW, OP and TR all 3 with 200k HP exact in both PvE and PvP), then on the second proc scales with buffs, not power and not armourPen/defense.

*** Edit 2: 23/06/2018
    We're now talking about update a.4

- Start the preview server up and it takes about 5 minutes to load your characters. Dunno why, but it does. Somehow I don't think folks on live server will appreciate that. Maybe fix it before you release the module?
    ^ As an add on I've been logging in and out restarting the game and etc to delve a little deeper into this bug, but it seems like it has only happened for the first 3 logins for me, after those logins I'm now not having to wait at all. Anyone who can confirm if this is the same for them that would be much appreciated as I still have friends who are experiencing this issue even with more than 3 logins.

- When I logged into a character I noticed the UI elements have a bit of a fit. Without precise patch notes it's hard to know what that is the result of, but it's positively obvious and definitely not intended.
    - This one might be intended due to the merging of the two Chult-based campaigns in Soshenstar river and Omu, but just as a general point campaign completion tokens are supposed to be available for every module except the most recent two, i.e Mod14 and Mod13. Please remember to add the completion tokens to the Zen Market.

*** Edit 3: 24/06/2018

Items and Gear
    - The Lightning Enchantment is not scaling with weapon damage correctly at the moment, this is quite possibly linked with incorrect stats being displayed/given by companions. (This issue cannot be confirmed as a real bug as it only happens on mine and my friends GWF build, potentially a problem with our build and not with the lightning enchntment itself.)
    - On Combat HR in PvP the Mane of the Manticore helm is once again misbehaving, it can ignore its internal cooldown and do 2x 12k damage after 2 dailies have been cast (only does it do this on the second daily in quick succession), or randomly (after about 12 ish seconds) proc for the full expected damage of around 70-80k (From 194,000 HP). However, it is extremely rare to see the helmet perform correctly whilst equipped on a combat HR and deal the correct amount of damage (maybe 1 in 20 dailies).
    ^ This is quite possibly linked to the strange animation cancelling/glitching going on in PvP at the moment as mentioned above.

Companions and Companion Gear
    - The Mount Insignia Bonus Protector's Camaraderie does not give the correct power bonus and also does not gain stacks sometimes when the companion is clearly attacking. Usually you have to stop your character from attacking, wait a few seconds, then the companion will start to stack the insignia bonus.

Classes, combat and powers
    - Nerfs to Combat HR are increasingly significant and have, by now, fully murdered that paragon for PvP. Between cluncky animations, faulty Mane of the Manticore, 15 second heal over time from Wild's Medicine and nerfed DPS on Blade Hurricane this build is now completely not viable for competing in the new MOD14 meta. These nerfs will also put HR in a very difficult position for group dungeon content as the class is being backed into the Support Role corner in high tier and potentially low tier dungeons. Bottom line is, this paragon now needs a full rework.

There's more stuff that I've probably forgot to mention and I'll add to this list as and when I come across/remember the others.

You confused empowered with bonding? Empower give 2000 power and bonding 1050.

screenshot from live server.
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User

You confused empowered with bonding? Empower give 2000 power and bonding 1050.

screenshot from live server.

On Neverwinter preview update a.2 Bonding Runestones R14 gave, a listed, 2000 power for companions. update a.1 and a.4 and live they are at 1050 power.
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This thread has been updated with all fixed bugs removed.

If anyone is competant at PvP and has a character on Preview would it be possible to meet up and test some interactions? You can reach me on preview at " Did you say Pennis@ibz4ez#9773 "