test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Finding Wanted posters, doesn't seem possible in a party

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
While playing in a party I've noticed only our party leader gets "wanted poster" drops from monsters. No one else in the party gets them. I'm wondering if this was programmed this way? Or is it a possible bug/programming note the developers did not plan for.

Has anyone else have this happen? Would like to know if this was just a bad RNG seed, or others are seeing the same thing.

Comments

• Options
    inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Its happened to me as well. Maybe it is intended, not really sure.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I have actually noticed the opposite.

While going through the zone in solo-mode, I'm not getting any 1 star hunt posters.
    I can go through the whole map and defeat every mob I encounter, run the HE's, and tackle the terror....

Nothing is dropping 1 star posters.
    Am I missing something?
    Are they supposed to be dropping while you are doing the quests?
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Leader controls the loot settings.
    Agree at the start to set Need/Greed or round robin.

If leader insists on all the loot, that is your queue to find a new party.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Most of the posters I've gotten are from parties I'm not the party leader in.
    The benefit of letting the party leader to decide is that it gives the party a chance to get something they want or need that other players in the group already have or don't need. It's more effective with guild or alliance members than people from the zone.
    The way I see it is if the party leaders ares using their cards then they should get first shot at the loot even if it is for salvage and others need it.
    A lot of people in my alliance are starting to change their settings to need/greed or round robin now that they got all the gear they wanted.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    Posters don't "drop" so much as magically appear in your bags, taking up space.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    from my testing, they are just semi rare drops and is more to do with the killing shot then if your the party leader, what may however affect the drop rate is if the other party members are higher dps or big aoe hitters as the drops seem to be linked with the kill shot or at least hitting the creature before it dies then anything else.

i get as many hunts solo as in parties, but im a average dps aoe cw ss so i might not hit the highest but i hit alot so qualify on almost all kills, a single target dps or support might find it harder to grind hunts then me and your rng god might just not be on your side.
  • Options
    soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User

Leader controls the loot settings.

Agree at the start to set Need/Greed or round robin.

If leader insists on all the loot, that is your queue to find a new party.

the loot role does not effect the items that are given to an individual any item that would be yours are not effected such as drops from enchants/runes gear or artifacts, the only items the loot selection effects are items that drop on the ground like cards that might be something that a player might miss out on, the posters are not counted as a party loot so should and are not effected by loot selection
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    The drop rate seems to have seriously decreased since the first few days of the mod. This plus the Vistani merchant are poorly designed and should not be subject to RNG.

There should just be a Vistani around the camp or in town handing out or selling t1 and t2 posters. After you successfully complete a few t2 hunts it should sell you whichever t3 poster you want.
    The Vistani merchant should likewise just be sitting at the camp or in town. It makes no sense at all to have to scour four different places on the map in the hope that one might show up.