test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Random + Kick rules

valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
Anyone noticed an uptick in alts that just stand at the begining of an instance rolling on everything until they get kicked ?

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    This is going to get worse after today's update/patch, I think. They're taking away our ability to see how many players are required for the dungeon and, of course, how many have accepted.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2018

This is going to get worse after today's update/patch, I think. They're taking away our ability to see how many players are required for the dungeon and, of course, how many have accepted.

I completely missed that the first time I read the patch notes...

Truth be told, there are some queues in the list that are flat out worse than others. In the leveling queue, the only incentive to take a dungeon over a skirmish is if you need Adventurer seals or something: The rewards are equivalent to skirmishes at best (depending on your level, it can be - and, in fact, is for a 70 - significantly worse than a skirmish), but the amount of time it takes to go through them is significantly greater. Epic dungeons will at least reliably give you one or more salvageable items, plus they're usually not as boring as the leveling dungeons.

Tiamat is another one I've tried to avoid whenever possible - the VOs there are obnoxiously loud compared to the rest of the game, and it can be annoyingly slow if the team isn't powerful enough. (Sadly, my presence usually contributes to the "not powerful enough" factor, with much more visible consequences than any other queue I've played so far.) I'll take Demogorgon, epic dungeons or skirmishes over Tiamat any day of the week.
  • Options
    drachenfeuer99drachenfeuer99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What is fun at looting when every drop is green and maybe a half percent blue never a epic and never a Orange that takes the will out of the game to do it again nr 20453423. loot makes the man run folks learn the lesson Diablo learned it .Give us the thrill of the unexpected epic or mithic drop once here or there ........ do yourself a favor people will be more than happy .
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User

What is fun at looting when every drop is green and maybe a half percent blue never a epic and never a Orange that takes the will out of the game to do it again nr 20453423. loot makes the man run folks learn the lesson Diablo learned it .Give us the thrill of the unexpected epic or mithic drop once here or there ........ do yourself a favor people will be more than happy .

Because every green is RP. It is as good as a Peridot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    notagain#5499 notagain Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well changes I have not liked include:

The new que system, thought the changes with changes in acct daily AD limits was going to change the AD exchange. Still looks like get in line and wait if trying to get Zen for AD

The new gear awarding method through a dungeon/skirmish. Sometimes gear shows up and says you rolled, other times it shows no one rolled and you got it, so not sure what that is about. I miss the old method of at least saying no. It can cause a real mess if you are low on inv. slots and then you get several low quality loots into your bag.

I haven't seen anyone stalling at the beginning. At most usually people redoing their bindings, buying something from the merchant, healing up or whatever. Still the fastest runs in the West act, which sort of changes the aspect of moving carefully and slowly and watching for traps. Once you know them then it is who can get to the end first (also sometimes they forget they had lower rank players in the mix and they are now trying to fight their way through all the monsters they left behind who reached the limit of their pursuit zone or whatever.

After I take my first toon on the random, then don't bother with other toons, the reward is less than appealing. 1000 AD to run either a short or long dungeon/skirmish (that is based on a level 70+ toon doing the random que then changing character to another 70+ with full access to all maps as well except the new ravenloft content for both toons)