test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

netio.sys crashing error

heatguardheatguard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
So, today I decided to try getting back into the game, been a bit since last time I played, so needed to update. Everytime the patcher starts the pc crashes (windows 10 64bit fully updated, Intel Core -5-3330, 10 gigs ram) The WhoCrashed dump analysis shows it's the netio.sys with the error: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I've done some looking up on the net about it and haven't really found anything helpful within my capabilities, which admitedly aren't that great in this regard, but I can try simply made instructions if I can find them, and would very much prefer not to just reinstall windows, to me that seems like a nuke option on what I can tell is only one game causing this issue.

Is anyone else having this now, and/or know how to bypass it? Any help much appreciated

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Stolen from elsewhere: "There appears to be a program installed that may be causing problems with your network connectivity and may be contributing to the BSOD with the netio.sys.

That program is the NVIDIA Network Access Manager program.

The NVIDIA Network Access Manager is an optional program that may be offered during the installation of NVIDIA network adapter drivers. You can decline the invitation to install the NVIDIA Network Access Manager during any installation of NVIDIA adapter drivers, if it is offered.

The NVIDIA Network Access Manager software is not necessary and has been known to cause issues.

For now I would suggest to uninstall the NVIDIA Network Access Manager program using "Uninstall a program".

Then restart the computer and check the situation in the Device Manager concerning the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter which is presently disabled."
  • heatguardheatguard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Unfortunately I don't seem to have that program, unless it's rolled into one of the other things from Nvidia that is installed
  • chochlordchochlord Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    First, take a backup of your system.

The first troubleshooting thing I'd do is just disable (possibly temporarily remove) your antivirus software. Sometimes device-related drivers (or even system drivers) can appear to be causing a crash and listed in the mini dump (or event logs), but upon analyzing the entire memory dump and looking at the memory stack you realize it's really the antivirus kernel mode or filter driver preventing the other driver from operating normally. Long story short, axe your AV first.

If that doesn't work, update all Nvidia network related drivers and software you can.

Finally you can run a command prompt as Administrator and issue this command: sfc /scannow

That is the System File Checker. It will look at all of your system files and compare them to the base Win10 image and correct problems. You may end up having to reinstall Windows updates after it repairs something. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to reinstall Windows.
  • heatguardheatguard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Giving an update, I ran ccleaner cleaned up a bunch of errors and tried again, it got up to 5% done (about 5% further than all the others) and had another crash. After looking at the WhoCrashed it showed it was a.sys file from MalWare Bytes, so I just exited the program and ran the update, just finished with no problems, over 4 gigs in pretty quick time too.