test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can't log in (Can't establish a connection with patch server via launcher)

mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I suddenly got disconnected back to the login screen. When I tried to log back it froze on "connecting to account server" So I closed the client and ran the launcher only to get the old, "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient."

Uninstalled the game and reinstalled which resulted the same outcome.

Comments

• Options
    solidwraith#3456 solidwraith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same here.
  • Options
    dhavol#5408 dhavol Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ditto
  • Options
    yieldedyielded Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am having the same issue. Sometime after the update, I randomly got booted off the game while standing in Port Nyanzaru. Now it gives the same "trying to update the launcher, please be patient" message every time I attempt to log in.
  • Options
    queenvoiletqueenvoilet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is the server down or what can't play on xbox1 or ps4
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Also cannot connect to launcher. :( Just keeps trying to connect.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    queenvoiletqueenvoilet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's hard to play if you can't get on server
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Same here.
  • Options
    nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same here
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Here too.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    ndecentndecent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same. Anyone know of a fix?
  • Options
    greyangel13greyangel13 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Message I get is that I have an "unstable connection to the patch server" which makes no sense to me.

Following this in case there is resolution.
  • Options
    moridin#4898 moridin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same here
  • Options
    sean9803sean9803 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same as well. Got booted in the middle of an intermediate que run
  • Options
    caubrey1caubrey1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am having the same issue. I hope they get it fixed fast I need to collect my vip for the day. This is a on going accurence alot after a patch. Would think they would have the it fixed by now from happening.
  • Options
    walt4444#8032 walt4444 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here cant log in game
  • Options
    Over on the Star Trek forums, they're having the same problems. So far everyone who's had a problem has mentioned Comcast as their ISP. Anyone having this problem NOT have Comcast as their ISP?
  • Options
    solidwraith#3456 solidwraith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    comcast here.
  • Options
    nytlysynz#9357 nytlysynz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    comcast
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Greetings,

We are aware of this issue and this one is not related to Neverwinter.
    Cogent Communications is having an outage that is effecting a lot of people.

We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    yieldedyielded Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    yes, comcast
  • Options
    mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Everything is back up
  • Options
    And, I'm patching.
  • Options
    pestilence420#4868 pestilence420 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Its working again!!!
  • Options
    caubrey1caubrey1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I still can't connect to the patch servers. I am on comcast here in centeral Illinois.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    caubrey1 said:

I still can't connect to the patch servers. I am on comcast here in centeral Illinois.

Comcast is still having issues on their end. They are working on it. You can try calling them, but well, it is Comcast so...
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I used to play on xbox one and had decided to get rid of it a long while back, I've suddenly decided to play again and installed via steam on my pc and then updated after logging using my arc account I use for CO; but I am unable to play,

I press the play button it shows the loading screen but gets a quarter done then crashes is it related to the same issue everyone is having or is mine different?

Note: already tried
    -Reinstalling
    -different compatibility modes
    -admin
    -restarting my computer
    -running without steam
    -updating my graphics drivers and other related drivers
    and checking my firewall

I no longer know what to do i've done all I can so I'm hoping that's cause it's not an issue on my end, cause despite it being out of my hands I know you are well equipped and capable to fix it...

of course if it fixes for everyone else eventually and i'm still not fixed i'll know the issue is my end then i'll submit a support ticket and see what can be done!

btw I heard theres conflicts cause of windows 10 (which I have).
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018

I used to play on xbox one and had decided to get rid of it a long while back, I've suddenly decided to play again and installed via steam on my pc and then updated after logging using my arc account I use for CO; but I am unable to play,

I press the play button it shows the loading screen but gets a quarter done then crashes is it related to the same issue everyone is having or is mine different?

Note: already tried

-Reinstalling

-different compatibility modes

-admin

-restarting my computer

-running without steam

-updating my graphics drivers and other related drivers

and checking my firewall

I no longer know what to do i've done all I can so I'm hoping that's cause it's not an issue on my end, cause despite it being out of my hands I know you are well equipped and capable to fix it...

of course if it fixes for everyone else eventually and i'm still not fixed i'll know the issue is my end then i'll submit a support ticket and see what can be done!

btw I heard theres conflicts cause of windows 10 (which I have).

Sounds like a different issue than the one in this thread. However, I'll attempt to assist you. Have you verified that your graphics drivers are up-to-date - and not installed through Windows?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png