test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

most recent piercing nerf

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
someone want to explain to me how bad this is? is it pvp only effected or pve too? is it combat and archery or just archery??

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    PVE (based on the last conversations I saw) it is double mitigating for level 73 mobs but it is double dipping buffs/debuffs as well. With no positive modifiers to your damage, it would be a nerf but if you are running in a decent group it should do more damage.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

PVE (based on the last conversations I saw) it is double mitigating for level 73 mobs but it is double dipping buffs/debuffs as well. With no positive modifiers to your damage, it would be a nerf but if you are running in a decent group it should do more damage.

poo and yay! lol. ty for the explanation. that's not as bad as I thought. stuff melts fast enough against level 73 mobs that it probably won't be noticeable except for lower level toons trying to slough thru modern content. .
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

someone want to explain to me how bad this is? is it pvp only effected or pve too? is it combat and archery or just archery??

lmao it's not a nerf for PVE IT IS A BUFF get it ? BUFF B-U-F-F so please before posting anything of this sort that gets people confused make sure to get facts together or make title better by asking because you said it's a nerf then asked for explanation also piercing needs to be removed all together because ignoring players stats is not something we want in a game
  • Options

lmao it's not a nerf for PVE IT IS A BUFF get it ? BUFF B-U-F-F so please before posting anything of this sort that gets people confused make sure to get facts together or make title better by asking because you said it's a nerf then asked for explanation also piercing needs to be removed all together because ignoring players stats is not something we want in a game
    well I'd been reading everywhere that it was a nerf for us. I am not the first person to post that it's a nerf and am I not the first person to post confusing information. and it is a nerf in solo play so it's not entirely untrue.

I'm not sure how your post is helping anything. :) Pitshades post was very helpful.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    after severe testing its a def nerf 4 pvp and with bonding screwed up we are nerfed in pve as well
  • Options
    jhpnw said:

after severe testing its a def nerf 4 pvp and with bonding screwed up we are nerfed in pve as well

well the bonding should be fixed next week and that effects everyone.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

No!! I am playing my combat again and made an effective hybrid for PvP.

The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

jhpnw said:

No!! I am playing my combat again and made an effective hybrid for PvP.

I'm pretty sure they do testing on the PC dude... we dont have those changes on the Xbox yet :)

You wont know how effective a Build is until we get into that Mod etc :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    @wdj40

DUH!!! I am beginning to think you're missing something.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

@wdj40

DUH!!! I am beginning to think you're missing something.

Yes, I am missing part of whatever it is you are trying to say :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    What you're missing is the early signs of a weaker Piercing presence in the new mod. Indicated by two PC players above. We don't have that issue YET! (Capped it in case you're still missing it.)

I am enjoying what Piercing we presently have on the console and it seems it will go away in a couple of months. You don't rock a combat in PvE so you're missing out on monster DPS.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    On PC I haven't noticed the piercing nerf affecting my pvp archer, amd haven't really done any dungeons with my pve sw combat build to check damage. The bonding bug screwed my crit anyway so there's no way of comparing till that's fixed and stable.

Ps. HAG'S RAGS FTW.!!!!!
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    thunderous#0772 thunderous Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Honestly, between the piercing nerf, And the slick way they introduced the razor wood companion, mod 14 is by far the biggest nerf on combat hr ever. I'm literally never putting money into this game again because of it.

Every other class gets a 12-15% damage buff with razor and we get about 7%? Then on top of that you tweek tricksters sod the same way as our piercing blades but theirs gets buffed and ours doesn't? Kick me in my nads too many times and I'll be really sterile about my $$
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Honestly, between the piercing nerf, And the slick way they introduced the razor wood companion, mod 14 is by far the biggest nerf on combat hr ever. I'm literally never putting money into this game again because of it.

Every other class gets a 12-15% damage buff with razor and we get about 7%? Then on top of that you tweek tricksters sod the same way as our piercing blades but theirs gets buffed and ours doesn't? Kick me in my nads too many times and I'll be really sterile about my $$

Piercing blades change only nerfed pvp, not pve. Besides, it's not like we are in bad spot. Arguing about damage when nowdays things melt like crazy isn't important in my opinion. I don't mind dealing less dps than other classes if I'm still capable of competing in dungeons - which HR totally can.

The only thing hurting us, somehow, is the CA bug since it cripples our single target damage.