test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So they've nerfed us in pvp again. How to build or whether to bother?

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited June 2018 in The Wilds
Cryptic has now nerfed all three pvp builds for HR into uselessness. Combat's tanking abilities don't tank and burst damage doesn't do enough. Trapper's control abilities don't control and it has no burst damage at all. Now archery has no effective piercing damage so its absurdly long animations, two of which (hawk shot and commanding shot) negate stealth too, make it unplayable. The question is whether to continue playing pvp in mod 14 at all and if so how. Suggestions welcome.

Moderator edited flaming.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Eh?

Archery piercing is minimal anyway!
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Uh, Hawk and Commanding is bad, mmmkay. Don't use it if you can't cast them safely. Sheesh, the other thread promoted it so much. Move to a faster rotation. An opposing Archer can't get theirs off if you can basically rapid fire your encounters. Can't tell you how many complaints I got for running a trapper when I wasn't.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I thought this was a combat nerf? or was it only an archer nerf or is it a nerf across the boards?
  • Options

Uh, Hawk and Commanding is bad, mmmkay. Don't use it if you can't cast them safely. Sheesh, the other thread promoted it so much. Move to a faster rotation. An opposing Archer can't get theirs off if you can basically rapid fire your encounters. Can't tell you how many complaints I got for running a trapper when I wasn't.

Commanding Shot is not bad at all, I killed 5000 people with it in my rotation the 1st half Mod 13. It hits players sometimes for over 100k, then add the Ambush damage and Longshot and various other misc damage. I dont even boost it with Longstriders, that comes after Commanding for me. I cant even begin to count how many kills I have got with it.

10 games 120 kills the 2nd half... not really played it much lately as too many stuns. Just had some games tonight and it is as bad as I thought it would be. I noticed some of the players at the top of the Leaderboards just perma-stunning people to death, its just terrible.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    wdj40 said:

Commanding Shot is not bad at all, I killed 5000 people with it in my rotation the 1st half Mod 13. It hits players sometimes for over 100k, then add the Ambush damage and Longshot and various other misc damage. I dont even boost it with Longstriders, that comes after Commanding for me. I cant even begin to count how many kills I have got with it.

10 games 120 kills the 2nd half... not really played it much lately as too many stuns. Just had some games tonight and it is as bad as I thought it would be. I noticed some of the players at the top of the Leaderboards just perma-stunning people to death, its just terrible.
    I Thought pvp has " cc resist" and "immunity" and i got cc for 10 seconds after 10 sec i died . I Abandoned the match :)
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Haven't played a match yet, but wasn't aware of any archer tree nerfs. The longshot piercing feat in archer was always pretty crappy anyway.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options

wdj40 said:

I Thought pvp has " cc resist" and "immunity" and i got cc for 10 seconds after 10 sec i died . I Abandoned the match :)
    Yeah i can understand that, I almost rage quit last night due to crappy players with their awful stun-bot builds. They are absolute idiots as they will end up with no players to actually play against.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    While there is no doubt a place to complain about trappers, I am pretty sure that place is 2-3 years ago.

Constructive suggestions and build ideas remain welcome.
  • Options
    Well, I'll try pure archer again for a while, but from the one match I've played so far it seems TRs are worse than ever.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    What site has the build simulator? I would like to look at a few builds and shift stats.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options

While there is no doubt a place to complain about trappers, I am pretty sure that place is 2-3 years ago.

Constructive suggestions and build ideas remain welcome.

Not sure if that was aimed at me... I was not complaining about Trappers. Every class can be a stun-bot due to the silly items being allowed in PvP.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Archer still works. Was page 1 yesterday, pg2 atm.

Basically no change from our usual 3 choices.

Combat: can't cap, can't dps, can't survive.
    Trapper: can't cap, can't dps, can stun indefinitely 1vs1, can't survive.
    Archer: can't cap, can blow away everybody, can't survive unless they run all over the shop.

Flip a coin.
    Post edited by jonkoca on