test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keybindings not Persistent?

joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I've made a few keybindings this weekend and it seems they are not being persistent from day to day.

I can accept that they're not persistent across toons, but it appears they are not sticking after I log out a toon.

Here is an example of one my bindings - F1 for the VIP signpost:
/bind F1 GenSendMessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport activate

Every time I log in a new toon, I have to re-create this. Then when I log in a toon that had the binding previously it's gone.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    You can set up aliases to persist, but binds should not be resetting on you all the time... are you setting any flags in the launcher command line?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232527/pc-reference-aliases-keybinds
  • Options
    dupeks said:

You can set up aliases to persist, but binds should not be resetting on you all the time... are you setting any flags in the launcher command line?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232527/pc-reference-aliases-keybinds

Thanks for the response @dupeks ,

No, I'm not setting any flags, just using them as the one I posted - I set a few channel bindings - to say hello, grats etc - nothing major or earth shattering.

As for aliases, I'm not using them yet - just trying to get a few "F" keys setup bound with a few commands
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This happens to me too. I try to keep keybinds consistent across my alts, and I also use aliases.

I haven't figured out the pattern as to when the keybinds will 'save' or not. Sometimes, randomly while playing the same character, old keybinds will pop up, disappear, or reset to its previous keybinds. But other times, on a few particular alts, they 'stick'.

Eventually, after re-typing the unbind or unbind command, and after many bind_save or bind_load, I get the keybinds to stay where they are. Bind_save and bind_load always reset the binds to what I had saved them on my end.

It is very confusing.

It is like there is a separate set of keybinds which are being saved on the server side that sometimes overrides my own keybinds, but eventually, if I keep re-changing the keybinds, the server side keybind settings finally stick.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    About Keybindings and GUI as you can see I have done a lot of research in this area. Be sure to save one or more keybind and gui files and keep them safe. New modules tend to reset them but all I have to do is /ui_load_file gui.txt and /bind_load_file.txt (sometimes preceded by /unbind_all) . The server seems to save a copy of their own default settings.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

About Keybindings and GUI as you can see I have done a lot of research in this area. Be sure to save one or more keybind and gui files and keep them safe. New modules tend to reset them but all I have to do is /ui_load_file gui.txt and /bind_load_file.txt (sometimes preceded by /unbind_all) . The server seems to save a copy of their own default settings.

That's a great write article - thanks for sharing it @sandukutupu !