test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bring the kicking system back helps pvp?

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited May 2018 in PvP Discussion
Is this a efficient way to bring more good players back? Currently many 3000-8000 pugs are constantly queuing for pvp. I don’t even know why they keep queuing as they die like 10-20 times each game. One reason they keep queuing rather than work on their items/build first is that they know they won’t be easily kicked, so maybe reverting to the kick system before mod 12 will make PvP better?

neverwinter pvp discord: https://discord.gg/AaXf6kT
free builds inside discord
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Is this a efficient way to bring more good players back? Currently many 3000-8000 pugs are constantly queuing for pvp. I don’t even know why they keep queuing as they die like 10-20 times each game. One reason they keep queuing rather than work on their items/build first is that they know they won’t be easily kicked, so maybe reverting to the kick system before mod 12 will make PvP better?

Changing the kicking system won't do much if anything to prevent undergeared players from queing, they have been queing for PVP since as long as I can remember. Hell go back far enough and I was one of them. However, it may change what sorts of players are queing, you'd likely see way fewer moochers and probably fewer trolls as well, the new safeguards seem to have emboldened these sorts.

I do firmly disagree with the new kick safeguards in place for PVP and removing them would help improve conditions in PVP. While well intentioned, restricting kicking to this degree made things worse not better. While it may be annoying for lowbie players to occasionally encounter chain kickers, PVPers of all stripes end up running into other annoyances like AD/daily quest campfire moochers, bots, toxic trolls, rage quitters, AFK players, ect far more often than chain kickers. It is much harder to get these more common irritants out of your matches now that these restrictions are in place.

I will mention that trying to prevent undergeared players from queing for PVP wouldn't bring back more good players. Good players aren't leaving because of undergeared players, they are leaving because of PVP's prolonged neglect, mounting fustrations with Cryptic, worsening powercreep, imbalance ect. If such a goal was sucessful, it would reduce the amount of new blood flowing into PVP even more and the PVP community would shrink even faster. Veteran players would continue to leave and there would be even fewer people around to potentially grow to fill their shoes and keep the ques popping.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    we all started out at low il, kicking is toxic and gets abused.. old rivals Kick for amusement at the end of matches ..etc.... easiest solution would be 3 IL brackets... fresh level 70-9k, 9k-12k, 12k+,
    i would probably build some toons in each bracket too in case one was slow to queue
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

we all started out at low il, kicking is toxic and gets abused.. old rivals Kick for amusement at the end of matches ..etc.... easiest solution would be 3 IL brackets... fresh level 70-9k, 9k-12k, 12k+,
    i would probably build some toons in each bracket too in case one was slow to queue

Bracket would be very good for many reason the only problem atm is that there is not enough players for it.
    But then again such a system could make it more popular to pvp if you knew that that you would face simular geared players in a match when your IL are not so high.

I do not play that much pvp nowdays but the matches i been in lately has been more friendly then before with players not chain killing the other team when the match is uneven which is nice imo.

But unless we get some serious attension from the devs to improve pvp with new maps, better rewards, brackets etc I cant see any chanse for it to get out of this decline that has been going on for the last years....
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

They would have to create a way to lock out changing equipment, so people would not change equipment to get into a lower bracket, then change it back once they are in the match.
  • Options
    rschragerrschrager Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User

They would have to create a way to lock out changing equipment, so people would not change equipment to get into a lower bracket, then change it back once they are in the match.
    Doesn't seem too hard - just lock in the values associated with the gear you queue with. The surprise of the players who currently try to tool the system by swapping gear or slotting enchants when they discover that they're still using the pre-swap equipment values would be... priceless.
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Yes we all started low... at level 10 when most of us started to pvp until we hit level 70 and tried our first match and got #REKT then we also decided NOT to enter pvp until we had decent gears and item level.
    You can't say that to players who never did pvp until they hit level 70 then tried pvp for the first time then got their azz owned because it wasn't their time to pvp due to low item level and level 60 gears yet they queu up over and over again. Most of us who worked hard to get a decent item level to pvp don't want any low geared/item level players on our team.
    Its same as trying doing a 15000 item level dungeon on a 500 item level character. The first mob at the beginning of the dungeon will eat you alive.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Fixing the kick system flat out needs to happen. It won't be a fix all for PVP but it will help. Also it is in dire need of it for random ques too.

Another reasonable solution is to ftp players loosely based on IL, so you don't have fresh L70players grouped with 15k PVP toons
    Limitless is L33t AF
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Instead of kicking low geared players, why not give everyone the same gear set?
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Same gear set, I don't support that. I spent a decent amount of time farming for my set in Chult. Kinda like it.

If someone is sitting at the start x amount of time they should automatically be punted, even if they are moving. If someone is boosting their friends, we should not have to wait to punt them.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I never kick players, no matter how bad they are. As long as someone is trying then they have a right to stay and play the game... The only time I kick is if a vote is thrown up for someone doing absolutely nothing like campfire sitting.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Well you have to consider some of those players might be going for the immortal title. Which requires winning in the dieing so many times category.