test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Combat Etiquette

edggeedgge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I come from Guild Wars 2. In PVE, when you see someone in combat you can join in without reducing their combat reward EXP or loot. What is the combat etiquette in Neverwinter?

Answers

• frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I'd like to know too 'cause sometimes it seems like we both benefit, and sometimes it seems like I should throw my controller at them.

Do you both get experience and a chance at a drop if you both got in a few hits?

Not sure if this has any bearing, but it's what I think of when I hear the word "etiquette," (though I'm pretty sure most of that went out the window a long while ago) - but with stuff like Heroic Encounters, it's the more the merrier; whereas it's generally not appreciated when someone horns in on a fight with some random goons - unless they're definitely about to die, or dying, or unless there's some quest related thing you both need and can both take like the rod of cancellation pieces in the Dread Ring. In which case, a considerate player will pitch in instead of sitting there watching or trying to sneak in and take what they need while the other player has all the aggro.

But some things like the pilfer/plunder task in Cold Run are on a cool down timer that only one person at a time can take. Only a dirty rotten scrub stands by and waits for the other player to beat down the enemy so he/she can run in and swipe it.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If someone helps you that's is not I'm your party your xp will drop... whoever does most damage has possession of best drops. Kill credit can be stolen....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

But some things like the pilfer/plunder task in Cold Run are on a cool down timer that only one person at a time can take. Only a dirty rotten scrub stands by and waits for the other player to beat down the enemy so he/she can run in and swipe it.

I was pilfering and plundering from a barrel when an ally from our Helm threw himself at the giant without looking to see if anyone else was around and then complained as I continued on with my pilfering and plundering since I no longer had to concern myself with the giant.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • iainusiainus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Just don't be one of those jackasses in skirmishes who don't do anything and then zip around on their mount scooping up loot. Oh, and can we please have an option to BOOT those people without such a ridiculously long delay?
    edited August 2018

I dont even wait. I just run in and grab it. Then move on.

Anyone who needs someone with half their IL to fight the monsters for them is pretty pathetic.

and I can't believe I actually have to point this out to people who are presumably adults, but getting a kick out of upsetting people is not normal, socially mature behavior. Not to mention, it's not going to feel like much of a "victory" when it all comes back around. And it always does.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

I dont even wait. I just run in and grab it. Then move on.

Anyone who needs someone with half their IL to fight the monsters for them is pretty pathetic.

and I can't believe I actually have to point this out to people who are presumably adults, but getting a kick out of upsetting people is not normal, socially mature behavior. Not to mention, it's not going to feel like much of a "victory" when it all comes back around. And it always does.
    Actually, I think there is a victory feeling when it comes around.

It must be incredibly frustrating for some people to be forced to play as heroic classes and characters when a much better fit for their playstyle would be the soft-bellied tick.