test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to Depopulate the Neverwinter Servers

huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Neverwinters Servers are OVERPOPULATED! This is resulting in performance issues for the players such as lag and the dreaded "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" text.
Since upgrading the servers is out of the question, lets have some player input on which of these ideas is best way to reduce Neverwinters population and increase server performance.

1 - Implement a weekly account AD refining cap

2 - Charge users a "server fee" for each time they log in

3 - Cap the amount of players that are able to log into game at any given time.

If anyone else has any great ideas to add feel free to comment below!

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Reduce the player base by lowering any rewards from paid for Enchanted Keys to the point that you can grind out those rewards in ten minutes.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    There might be bots causing some population issues but yeah game is fine. Maybe you just need to upgrade your computer or lower your graphic settings? I'm playing on a palavin hp laptop with an intel core i3 and game plays just fine for me. It could also be your internet connection. In fact the game runs perfectly fine. It all depends on other factors not just their end but yours too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,251 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I play everyday and I have not seen "Server not responding" over a month. I play 6 different class every day.
    Asking "other" people to play less so that I can play more is counter productive.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Point 1 is effectively coming in in the new mod, points 2 and 3 wont happen as they want to encourage more people to play more often not shrink the player base.
    Other than that afraid i agree with some of the other comments above, ive never seen the server not responding message, and since upgrading my laptop a few months ago ive experienced no lag - and i usually get 3 - 4 hours game time a day in, more on weekends.
  • Options
    I took the original post to be sarcasm about the direction the game is moving rather than an *actual* complaint :smile:
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    benyr said:

Point 1 is effectively coming in in the new mod

Exactly my point

My OP had nothing to do with SNR or lag issues LOL
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I play everyday and I have not seen "Server not responding" over a month. I play 6 different class every day.
    Asking "other" people to play less so that I can play more is counter productive.

I get them occasionally. (I got kicked off last night. I also get Map Transfer Failed errors, which has to be a server issue.)
    DCUO has only 3 shards (2 PvE, 1 PvP) for Metropolis and Gotham. Many years ago, they used occasionally hold community events on the PvP server. (Think heroes vs. villains football on the Friday after Thanksgiving.) After a while the server would start throwing people off (you'd see messages that your friends were logging off), and then you'd get disconnected as well. THAT's an overloaded server. This is just random internet hiccups.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Please read this wiki article. Lags, Network, and Server Issues as there is more going on than you are aware. Knowing is half the battle.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    winzardwinterwinzardwinter Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    There's nothing should be done in this way. I never had issues with lag or networking. It true the fact many of your contryes have bad internet networks and you guys have to pay a lot for such a trash internet conection. You better upgrade your setup or opt for another internet company.
  • Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i have only had issues like that once in all the time i have played this game, and that was more than likely due to the major storms half the country was being hit with.

what i would say is going on is you are timing out.
  • Options
    bump#4754 bump Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Thank you for a common sense answer!
  • Options
    huijian said:

benyr said:

Point 1 is effectively coming in in the new mod

Exactly my point

My OP had nothing to do with SNR or lag issues LOL
    Please re-read the OPs point here - it was sarcasm aimed at the direction the game is moving in nothing to do with LAG or connection issues :smile: