test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has your guild banks been hacked?

estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
edited May 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
This morning I logged into the game to find that sombody was in one of our guild banks. Only small items were taken from a person that I nothing showing him entering the guild (as a matter of fact no new players were invited at all for over 3 months per activite log. The funny thing is he left a 300K item and placed 1K gold in the bank. I kicked this person and found several of our items in AH under his name Moderator edited out name of player.. The major problem is that this person shows up no where as entering the guild.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    There is a limit to how far back the guild activity goes. I had someone leave, pulling all of his characters out and could not find when he joined or who invited him in.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As you are on PC, you could have used the /ExportGuildMemberList to export the entire guild roster, and it would have shown you the join dates for everyone in the guild. However, since you have already kicked him out of the guild, now it's pretty much impossible to see when he joined as the activity log only goes back so many entries.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    With all that said! I went back and checked the activity log for the guild bank (which is used as a bank only) and I can see the activity dating all the way back to 5/27/2015. This person does not show up on anything until I kicked him on 5/25/2018. So tell me is anybody going to wait around for 3 years to steal out of a bank plus there is nothing showing his promotions to guild leader. So please explain how that happens?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    estasia1 said:

With all that said! I went back and checked the activity log for the guild bank (which is used as a bank only) and I can see the activity dating all the way back to 5/27/2015. This person does not show up on anything until I kicked him on 5/25/2018. So tell me is anybody going to wait around for 3 years to steal out of a bank plus there is nothing showing his promotions to guild leader. So please explain how that happens?

I would recommend you contact Customer Service and have them look into it further. Nobody here on the forums is going to be able to help explain how it may have happened. People can make all kinds of assumptions, but nobody but CS would be able to accurately answer your questions.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    infernalnuisanceinfernalnuisance Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Did you find the reason for this in the end? I have a similar problem and was just wondering if you had any joy with customer service?
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Not really a hack when the person was of a rank that had permissions to withdraw from the guild repositories. Lock your stuff down, people. Also, as for him not showing as having been invited ... As soon as someone leaves your guild (either voluntarily or involuntarily), the record showing that they ever joined your guild is gone. I had this happen once when I helped out someone I thought was new, invited them to our guild, gave them some cheap artifact weapons, and they left our guild the next day. The log showed them leaving the guild, but the record of them having joined was gone - even though I knew exactly where it should be in the log.