test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mount Refining: Should it be a thing?

shieldanvilshieldanvil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
We already have it with Enchantments, Artifacts, and more....why not have it with mounts too? So lets say you have a Standard mount, it can be upgraded by refining it so much. Then you can proceed to refine more to take it to rare, so on and so fort. Use Enchanting Stones/GMOP/SMOP/etc. And I'm not talking an inexpensive amount of RP, I'm thinking if it is to be on mounts and have their stat bonus increase as you refine it, it's not going to be cheap. Maybe even have it as a Zen item or it cost T-Bars to buy, but to me, this makes sense.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    We used to have it with mounts. They removed it in favor of the stable system we now have.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have a couple of pigs that I upgraded to epic long ago. That probably isn't even noted on them now. It doesn't affect their insignia slots at any rate. That is a probable stumbling block to a revived upgrade system. Every mount would then have to have insignia options, equip powers and a combat power coded into the game. That is an awful lot of work, especially since having 1 mount in a stable currently already unlocks the speed for all mounts. With a mix and match system in place, there really is no reason to upgrade a specific mount. If the devs were interested in making legendaries easier to acquire, there are far easier ways to do it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As stated above, you used to be able to upgrade mounts. And then came legendary mounts and that system was pretty much thrown out the window.

Seeing as how legendaries are tied into lockboxes which are tied into buying keys...I doubt they go back to letting you upgrade your mounts.
  • Options
    elforenelforen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have to say the mount system was not improved by the stable system. It was swapped from AD to Zen. Riding an Appaloosa is riding an Apparatus is riding a hell hound. Then, you have 0 to 3 bells for when you aren't riding. It's a matter of perspective.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I could see a system for training the rider. For instance, if you're riding a deer (which is much more of a prey animal than a horse), you could learn to read its mood (e.g. sense nearby danger before you see or aggro it). Perhaps you could also learn to be more silent while riding to take advantage of its natural ability to move silently (translating to a smaller aggro radius perhaps).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured