test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork Rare Professions?

Can someone explain to me about Masterwork Rare Professions and if I'm doing something wrong? I have literally played this game 8 hours a day for the past 2 weeks and have yet to see any of the Rare Professions show up that I need to complete any of the Masterwork I missions.

Yes I have the items I need and No I don't have anything hidden. Why do I have to sit around and wait until the game says, OK, we'll let you move forward now. I have what I need and have for 2 weeks now but I'm not given the Rare Professions I need to move forward.

Is this another 0.000001% RNG thing even in Masterwork? Beyond frustrated right now!

Comments

• magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    As I'm sure you know at the top of each section there are items that rotate that you can make. Half the time the item in question is rank 3 outcome of one of these. So it might say you are going to make gem pants, but if you get rank 3 you will make gem elemental pants.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2018

As I'm sure you know at the top of each section there are items that rotate that you can make. Half the time the item in question is rank 3 outcome of one of these. So it might say you are going to make gem pants, but if you get rank 3 you will make gem elemental pants.

Yep, I'm aware of that but the initial Rare Profession has to show up first and for 2 weeks they haven't. I see Rare Professions showing up every hour obviously but it seems to always randomly pick one's I do not need. Why the heck would completing a mission rely on RNG? Uninstall is the next option. Tired of rolling dice on every little thing I need to do. I'm wasting more time praying to RNG than actually playing the game.
    It seems odd that you haven't seen any one of the three masterworks related crafts in two weeks. Perhaps, your viewing options are set to not show tasks with missing requirements and you are missing one or more items causing them not to show?

That's the only thing that comes to mind. I've never had to wait much more than a day, maybe 2 to get the tasks I needed if I checked hourly when online.

Edit: See below where I clarified that I did see in the OP the claim that the settings and items were good. I guess I replied instead of edit.
    zephyriah said:

Yep, I'm aware of that but the initial Rare Profession has to show up first and for 2 weeks they haven't. I see Rare Professions showing up every hour obviously but it seems to always randomly pick one's I do not need. Why the heck would completing a mission rely on RNG? Uninstall is the next option. Tired of rolling dice on every little thing I need to do. I'm wasting more time praying to RNG than actually playing the game.
    It does seems odd that you haven't seen any one of the three masterworks related crafts in multiple professions if I read you right in two weeks. Perhaps, your viewing options are set to not show tasks with missing requirements and you are missing one or more items causing them not to show? I know you said they are not in the OP, but...I'm not sure how you know you have all the items you need if you have never seen the task. The wiki is not 100% accurate, if that is your source.

That's the only thing that comes to mind. I've never had to wait much more than a day, maybe 2 to get the tasks I needed if I checked hourly when online.

Anyway if this frustrates you, you should stop now! Masterworks RNG only gets worse and much more expensive as you advance. You need quite a bit of patience to level up Masterworks. I speak from some experience as a player who is MW5 in two crafts and I have crafted (not bought) all of the MW4 turn-ins for the other six crafts when the bug gets fixed in the time since the bug was introduced. Good luck if you decide to continue.
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I have to agree with Zephyriah here, if finishing level one is frustrating to you then it might be best for you to stop working on it. The quests for level 2 are even harder and most have a (with a mythic Forge hammer of Gon) only 35% chance of success. If you are in an alliance that always has all the special venders up it will make getting these done a lot easier, but there is no getting around that last item, you have to make it. Also keep in mind to finish rank 2 you really need to finish rank 1 on all of the crafting classes as they pull items from each other.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    when I did all the professions, my shortest wait was 2 says to get all 3 recipes... the longest 2 weeks.

my advice...check every hour.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2018

Here's an example of what I mean.

Masterwork I Artificing: You need these to complete Masterwork I.

Gemmed Elemental Orb of Storm
    Gemmed Elemental Pact Blade of Hexes
    Gemmed Elemental Symbol of Divinity

The Rare Professions for those are labeled as below which must be built to Rank 3 to get the 3 above Gemmed versions.

Elemental Orb of Storm - (you need: Atificer File, Mage's Elemental Orb of Storm, Unified Elements)
    Elemental Pact Blade of Hexes - (you need: Atificer File, Occultist's Elemental Pact Blade, Unified Elements)
    Elemental Symbol of Divinity - (you need: Atificer File, Priest's Elemental Symbol, Unified Elements)

I have quadruple checked and I have all the elements I need to build them (including the listed weapons which I had to craft so I know I have them) but in 2 weeks none of the 3 Rare Professions have showed up for me. They have for other things but just not these 3.

Why was this based on RNG? The most annoying thing to deal with. Would have been better if they were just on hourly rotation so you know when to expect being able to build them. It is very time consuming and time wasting sitting there checking every hour to see if RNG has favored you. I guess the RNG aspect of pretty much everything in the game has now hit me with I'm tired of dealing with it syndrome. Everything is just too out of reach. As for a Forgehammer of Gond that was mentioned, doubt I'll ever own one of those either when people want 7+ million for them and the odds of winning one from the Wonders pack are slim to none. The RNG is really what makes this frustrating to deal with otherwise it would be fine.

Masterworks was always intended to be difficult, expensive and time consuming. Some professions are worse than others. Artificing and Weaponsmithing are the worst at lower levels because there are so many options. The armor based crafts are limited to stuff for one or two classes (Leather is 3 and harder than the others), where Artificing has stuff for 3 classes and weaponsmith needs to cover 5. I think Alchemy and Jewelry are the 2 easiest.

The RNG for those rare tasks was already there long before Masterworks was created, back when crafted weapons were good, before Artifact weapons, so they wanted to make it difficult to get those rare tasks. Eventually, crafted weapons became garbage and they never changed the frequency of the tasks.

The good news is that once you get past rank1 masterwork tasks, the RNG for the tasks to appear is gone. All future tasks will be common tasks, not rare. You only will deal with the RNG of success or fail of task. Without a forgehammer, you will not have better than a 20% chance to succeed on those other low level tasks. Even with a Forgehammer, its only 35% chance to succeed.

Last piece of advice, when the task does pop for you run it all 3 available slots to increase the chance of success. It you get extra, they will sell on the AH and help to recoup your investment. G.E symbol and the orb are around 115K. There is no pact blade of hexes currently on the AH (Note to self, make one!), so you can set your own price.

Edit: I realized later I checked the Xbox AH, not the PS4. I play mostly Xbox, but do play both. The prices on PS4 are higher and the pact blade is available. 145K to 200K is the range they all fall into with pact blade being highest.
    Post edited by zephyriah on
  • narcolepsinarcolepsi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Since I cant post.

Please fix the fail rates on master craft level 2 .
    I have failed 25 combines on the "mint set"
    I have a mythic forge hammer.

35% success for tier 3 reward.

I have made, and bought 25 gold coins, spent weeks farming resources.
    I created 2 support tickets and was referred to here.
    The quest is bugged you cant tell me 25 combines that are worth over 10 million ad is apart of your game.

In light of this frustration I no longer see any point in investing any more of my finances into your game.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    25 fails are a bit extreme...but not unthinkable...just very,very bad luck. I think I managed 3 of those tasks on the first try and a couple on the second or third ... leatherworking took me 7 or 8 tries, but 25...ugh.

I bypassed the 35% chance task for my last 2 professions by not doing those until I got the 40% tools for those professions from Chult.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2018

adinosii said:

25 fails are a bit extreme...but not unthinkable...just very,very bad luck. I think I managed 3 of those tasks on the first try and a couple on the second or third ... leatherworking took me 7 or 8 tries, but 25...ugh.

I bypassed the 35% chance task for my last 2 professions by not doing those until I got the 40% tools for those professions from Chult.

Every tool I use is an Epic 40% tool. It literally takes over 2 days to create 1 Elemental Aggregate and you need 2 of them to craft the item needed to attempt the Rare task to build the Masterwork items in which you'll now need a Unified Elements to do that and it takes 4 days to create one of those along with 4 Elemental Aggregate so in total you need 6 Elemental Aggregate's so that's 12 days to create the Elemental Aggregate's + another 4 days to create the 1 Unified Elements so a total of 16 days. Now on top of that, for an attempt at a single Masterworks item, I have to wait until the RNG decides to give me that one specific Rare task for an attempt. Now with Grandmaster's and Epic 40% tools, I'm greeted with a 60% success rate which fails miserably just about every single time. Yay, that's 2 weeks of my time just thrown away on a poorly thought out system. Should I attempt this again and wait another two weeks for that to fail too?

At this point, Masterworks is just not worth dealing with at all. Seeing how you're already at bad gambling RNG odds to begin with and a multi-million AD Forgehammer of Gond tool that you can only obtain by gambling and winning one only increases that odd slightly but still leaves you at terrible success odds, that's just a bit absurd and a huge waste of time, AD and resources. By far the worst experience I've had in the entire game.

I'm walking away. Tired of the "let's pray on their patience in hopes they'll cough up $$$" game!
    Well, this reply isn't really for you since you are walking away but for others who read this and think you painted a complete picture.

Your math is one way to do it, but not a very good way. 16 days?

You act like you are only able to craft one item at a time. The least I would consider is one character running EA in 2 slots everyday and UE in 1slot until I build up a supply of UE and then run EA X3 daily. I would feed all my Elemental ______ (Fire, earth etc) to this character. In reality, I have a dedicated Alchemy crafter that runs UE in 1 to 3 slots and EA in 6 to 8 slots much of the time and even increase this when needed by using another character or more.

A person that was serious about Masterworks would be better served by not complaining about things than are unlikely to change (if they haven't by now, they're not likely to be changed) and asking question on methods and practices to help overcome these issues. I can't really speak for other Mastercraft participants, but I suspect a high number will agree. I don't want it made easier. After fighting to get through it, the last thing I want is it to be easier for more players not fully vested in the task to join the ranks. But for those who are serious about getting through it, many of us are more than happy to help/assist.

Free advice: Before even attempting Masterworks you should have multiple characters (I would say 6 minimum) with all 9 slots unlocked in crafting and be in an alliance that builds all the temp structures weekly or at least bi-weekly. Each character should have at least Alchemy, Jewelry and the weapon/armor crafts you plan to do at rank 25. I tend to focus on the armor and weapon crafts associated with the class of the character to provide diversity. I always do leadership to 25 as well to take advantage of any unused slots by MW to generate RP and help fund my project, but leadership is optional for masterworks. Leadership AD crates (not the labor, it gets capped to quickly) are a good steady source of guildmarks (not nearly as good as Jewelry) and every guild needs AD and you can get Elemental _____ from certain coffers made in leadership.

Now, you may ask why alchemy and jewelry on all characters. Alchemy items are used in many of the MW crafts and Oil of Vitriol is the backbone (Also it is easy and quick to rank up alchemy on a 2X professions weekend). Since it does not take any rare items to craft, running it with a 20 or 33% chance of success is still useful. So, masterworks 1 in alchemy is good to get on all characters (MW2 is better of course ). Jewelry crates (make the 23,17 and 10 rank crates) are the most profitable to craft for coffer donations and help keep a steady supply of Guildmarks coming in.

As mentioned a Forgehammer slightly increases the success rate but not much at all and it can still fail and a Forgehammer is out of the question because it can only be obtained during a limited time windowed event by yet another big waste of time trying to build and create Wonder packs which I have opened hundreds. Yep you guessed it, no Forgehammer for more wasted time. Once again, no progression chasing another item I'll never get. Just terrible design all around. Anything that wastes players time and slaps them in the face with no reward at the end is just terrible. Players are putting in a lot of hard work and time and the only thing that allows them to win is a roll of the dice. No thanks had enough of this grind!

Your preconceived ideas are what is causing you the most stress. The Gond event is the best event of the year for crafters, even with the RNG and not getting the top prize.

*****Hint: Those wonder packs were selling for over 40K each at times during the event. Selling as few as 300 would have enabled you to buy a Forgehammer and skip the RNG of it. I didn't follow PS4 closely as I focused on Xbox for the most recent one where they averaged 30- 35K for quick sell and around 38K for overnight listings. PS4 is usually 10 to 20% higher. selling 300 at 40K would have been 12 Mil or about 10.8mil after AH cut. Undercutting and selling for 30K would have still earned 8Mil to buy a Forgehammer.*******

Forgehammers are available from certain lockbox profession packs and from 3 events, not one. Gond (often run multiple times per year), Summer Festival Sahaa, and Winterfest gift exchange. Summerfest is on the calendar. As I said above, you would be better served asking questions and for advice than jumping to conclusions. If you had asked before, you might have been able to get a Forgehammer or even multiple by following the hint.

There are ways to reduce the impact of RNG for many things, just ask.
  • shadwwolf#9268 shadwwolf Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    damn... I didnt think Professions were this bad...
  • famine#4260 famine Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well the game is based on D&D, and that requires you to roll the dice...for...everything...

At least when you attempt to jump the lava in ELOL no one tells you to roll a d20.