test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add another way of earning Conqueror's Shard's

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Before i start let me state this is not a rage or a do this or else. I am just making a sugestion i really think smaller or medium guilds would need.

Can you please concider adding a different way of earning Conqueror's Shard's. The reason i ask this is for smaller guilds earning Conqueror's Shard's in PVP is nearly impossible leaving only 2 alternatives :
  • Buy from Zen market
  • Earn from underdark mission
True the above mentioned are alternatives. The first one have been an good alternative up to now but due to the upcoming AD changes this is no longer a good option. I normally spen 75% + of my ad on Conqueror's Shard's for my guild but due to the fact that we will now only get 20k Rough AD per day per account and some spare change for salvage this means i (and i am sure many others) will no longer be able to afford this. So the first option is dead next mod.

The Second option have one large negative it takes you 5 days to earn 10 shards that means to make say 6k shards will take you 600*5 =3000 days if 5 players work on it it will take 600 days . FOR 1 BUILDING.

Please concider helping out smaller guilds by adding a differnt way of earning this. It would even be fine if it would take 30 minutes a day to farm it.

Maybe have
  • a very expensive Temp building that provides a choice of shards.
  • Allow us to buy with Guild marks
  • Allow us to exchange shards for others ... say get 10 shards of one kind for every 100 of other you contribute
I understand the reason that it does not drop in private pvp is to avoid exploitation . I agree with this, but please asking a 10k cw guildie to earn shards from pvp is just sadistic on the current state of pvp.

This means small and medium guilds can now only have one option to move forward DO NOT BUILD POWER BOON. This is clearly a very negative to any guild

EDIT: Need to say you cannot earn the Underdark shard if you have not completed the campaign. meaning it is not an option for smaller guilds
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Post edited by mynaam on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    You can also get from the Elemental Evil repeatable task. 2 daily if you do all 4 zones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    I agree that alternative sources of Conqueror Shards would be helpful to most guilds.

Of note, if you're using the Underdark missions and if you're buying shard chests, it's always advisable to delay opening until Shards of Power events. That doubles your return on investment. The delay can be painful to endure, but ultimately it pays off.

If you are in an alliance or have a large enough group of friends, another option to consider is that you can do pre-made public Gauntlgrym runs of 10 players each, swapping wins (this only works for the public queue, private queue does not produce Conqueror Shards). You're less likely to encounter other pre-mades queuing for Domination doing this and you get a maximum rate of Conqueror shards for the 20 people involved with low threat. It does take some coordination as you need 2 team leaders and people willing to take the time (though it goes fast as one team caps the Nodes, while the other waits, then you reverse on Match 2).

Additionally, if you are on PC, join "BID_UP" and come to Black Ice Domination as AB. The channel participants monitor BID spawn times and will call out when it pops, the zone it is in, and if TT are present (Tornado of Souls has a team that will sometimes show up to pvp as TT, but not all the time). The only real challenge is maintaining your AB contract and zoning in before the match ends. Channel participants will also invite you if your running into issues getting into the correct zone instance. Even a 10K CW can do this without much effort.

However, I don't think you understand the changes to refining coming in Mod 14. You'll get less raw AD from random queue if you're using multiple alts, but there are tons of ways to still produce raw AD and the bigger limitation won't be raw AD, it will be the 100K account daily refining limit. Other options include weeklies (Arcane Reservoir, Ballad of Baphomet, Protecting the Portal, Dread Ring, Biggrin's Tomb, Storming the Castle - 27K raw AD/alt/week before bonus RAD is factored in from invocation and that's not factoring in the campaign currency that can be converted to Guild Marks for additional salvage or to convert to resource maps), Underdark missions (600 RAD/alt/day), salvage, and repeat running of random queue at the lower return rates, though I wouldn't recommend running the leveling dungeons more than once per account as the return after the first run is pretty miserable.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    greywynd said:

You can also get from the Elemental Evil repeatable task. 2 daily if you do all 4 zones.

Thank you i missed that. 2 shards a day when you need 6000 is not a viable option though. i am talking of small guilds that can havve say 5 or even 10 players farm this that means it will take forever
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

I am one of those small guilds that has it taking forever.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Another solution would be that the devs lower the INSANE high amount of conqueror's shards needed. ;)
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Or better yet, remove it completely from a PvE stronghold building. That would be the best solution.
    Okay, so they remove the Barracks from PvE strongholds. There goes your Power.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I think he mean remove the CONQUEROR'S SHARD'S and maybe replace with dungeoneer' or other type of shard

• benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Ive been asking for them to be removed as a requirement to upgrade the barracks for some time as i completely agree with the OP. However its usually met with fairly fierce resistance, and my suspicion is that there is a concern that if pure pve players are not forced into pvp occassionally it will become even harder to match queues in those zones. We ended up doing exactly as Siegeric suggested and using black ice domination, but thats still nothing like sufficient for the higer end upgrades, so to be honest we waited for a double shards event and reluctantly as a group spent real money to be done with it.
    Post edited by benyr on
    My argument is, and always has been, that it never should have been put behind the PvP wall.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    greywynd said:

My argument is, and always has been, that it never should have been put behind the PvP wall.

Yes but that goes into the similar reason of RQ which is forcing players to do something they don't want to do so that some other players can "play".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Quoted for truth

Yes but that goes into the similar reason of RQ which is forcing players to do something they don't want to do so that some other players can "play".

If players wanted other players to be willing to PvP it wouldn't be such a toxic environment.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Black Ice Domination counts as the daily PVP win, and 75% of the time only the AB team shows up at all and 24% of the time it's a massive one-sided Arcane Brotherhood stomping until the Ten Towns side leaves.

1% of the time, it's a fight, and generally gets decided by "who can call in the most reinforcements fastest".

You'll occasionally have trolling players on the losing side out to gank easy targets, but that doesn't happen as often as you might think and even then, all you need is to be on the winning team, and in the area, when the first phase ends, for the daily stronghold quest. It's really not hard to do.
    Disagree.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Of course the other solution is people acquire or buy the Stronghold Chest of Power as it's only 300 ZEN or 3.00 and includes 100 of each: Heroic Shard of Power, Conqueror's Shard of Power, Dungeoneer's Shard of Power, Adventurer's Shard of Power.

Then whenever you buy them I'd wait to open them till the 2x Shards event, also Guild Leaders should be encouraging &/or reward players who donate then in some fashion. You've got to find some way to incentivise your players either through a possible promotion, contests, a special reward or something...

Even if your guild does is smaller if you search Miscellaneous people will sometimes or often sell them for about 190-225k astral diamonds though for just 150k diamonds you could sell your diamonds to buy one during the 2x event.

Hope that helps out a few people.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Okay, so they remove the Barracks from PvE strongholds. There goes your Power.

You're right! They don't understand, it's not just one change. They want to be the Tail wagging the dog.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Personally I'd like to see the stronghold quests that reward specific types of shard reward a choice of shards pack instead. Or at least have 1 quest that rewards a choice of shards, so we can pick what type we need the most. I generally find with my guild that we always have a huge surplus of dungeoneer shards, with some people having thousands hoarded that they can't donate to any guild in the alliance, but nodoby ever has enough conqueror's shards or shards of power. I also have to add that I find it truly obnoxious that PvP content was shoehorned into development of guilds in this way, considering how toxic pvp has always been.
    It is a stronghold quest, given by the Master of Coin, that gives Conq Shards.