test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold upgrade concerns

toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hello, I wanted to share some of my concerns. I have noticed lately, well it's been slowly gown down hill for a while , a drop in the stronghold mats and things we used to beable to get within the game. In the lock boxes no longer can you get the purple mats. :-( This has always been a god send! And now it's been taken away. I'm not sure why spend money on bells for dragon runs when all we mainly receive is green mats with some blue. And mainly it's only stone..etc. which is helpful but..... Anyways , we do kill all 4 dragons, so why the green mats? I feel like there should be more offered in dragon runs like HEROIC POWER SHARDS, or AD VOUCHERS..Make dragon flight fun again. Heroic Shards of power is a constant issue. I do not think it's fair we are forced to dig into our pockets if we want to rush things along. Only being able to get 10 heroic shards of power a day seems a little ridiculous. I run a guild and we have been around since almost day one. No, we are not 20 yet. We play the game for fun and at leisure. Somewhat serious. We have brought a lot of ppl into the game as well and we also have had many ppl in our guild. But they leave to go for the higher boons in other guilds. Or they just quit. I'm frustrated because I love my guild and running it. I enjoy getting my friends in the game..etc. I guess I don't understand what's going on these days. Seems like the Devs are not supporting lower level guilds. I am in a big active alliance as well. But ppl can only do so much. So I am asking the Developers , what are you going to do to improve the stronghold experience for lower level guilds who can not keep ppl long enough to level up to get good boons? I have heard that you intend on increasing the stronghold level to 25.. well thats even more frustrating for the smaller guilds too. I would appreciate you guys giving these things i talked about some thought. Thank you for your time!

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    You can earn 20 heroic shards per day per character, not 10. I assume you are not doing T3's.

The dragon drops haven't changed since the beginning except the AD chest went awol. It would be nice if the vouchers were higher level, but Siege of neverwinter can make up with tons of blue vouchers until and if they make any changes.

Lockbox contents change every mod, YOU choose which one to open. We store some of just about every old one in our guild bank. Open those if you need the vouchers. They shouldn't put vouchers in every lockbox as some players are not in guilds and many guilds no longer need them. Periodic inclusion makes the most sense to me. Also, Genie's gifts are as good as campaign vouchers for donating to coffer.

As for your complaint about the Dev's not supporting low level guilds, that's not supported. Most of the recent changes to stronghold have been to help lower level guilds. The temp merchants to make influence, gems and gold (ok, gold one is worthless) were all introduced to help smaller guilds along with some changes to the coffer limits.

Smaller guilds do have greater challenges than larger guilds, but it's up to them to overcome those issues to preserve their chosen style of playing. The Dev's, even if they wanted to, cannot overcome all of those issues. Any changes they make to help small guilds are good, as long as they do not marginalize or reduce the benefits of the larger guilds.
  • Options
    toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    > @zephyriah said:
    > You can earn 20 heroic shards per day per character, not 10. I assume you are not doing T3's.

You assume..wrong..but I don't feel the need to discuss this with you..TIME..TIME..
    >
    > The dragon drops haven't changed since the beginning except the AD chest went awol. It would be nice if the vouchers were higher level, but Siege of neverwinter can make up with tons of blue vouchers until and if they make any changes.

Ummm..yeah there has been a change in the drops...im not the only one that has noticed this.i have been running dragon flight since it came out and still do.
    >
    > Lockbox contents change every mod, YOU choose which one to open. We store some of just about every old one in our guild bank. Open those if you need the vouchers. They shouldn't put vouchers in every lockbox as some players are not in guilds and many guilds no longer need them. Periodic inclusion makes the most sense to me. Also, Genie's gifts are as good as campaign vouchers for donating to coffer.

.....We do as well. I think everyone does. .but I don't feel the need do dig in my pockets all the time..ty..
    >
    > As for your complaint about the Dev's not supporting low level guilds, that's not supported. Most of the recent changes to stronghold have been to help lower level guilds. The temp merchants to make influence, gems and gold (ok, gold one is worthless) were all introduced to help smaller guilds along with some changes to the coffer limits..

....I HAD CONCERNS I WANTED TO SHARE..if u want to call it a complaint..knock yourself out.

..These temp merchant's benefit everyone in the alliance..this way we can constantly build mystery merchants..etc. Influence is a big help for the smaller guilds. . That's about it.
    >
    > Smaller guilds do have greater challenges than larger guilds, but it's up to them to overcome those issues to preserve their chosen style of playing. The Dev's, even if they wanted to, cannot overcome all of those issues. Any changes they make to help small guilds are good, as long as they do not marginalize or reduce the benefits of the larger guilds.

Ty for your comments.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

> @zephyriah said:

> You can earn 20 heroic shards per day per character, not 10. I assume you are not doing T3's.

You assume..wrong..but I don't feel the need to discuss this with you..TIME..TIME..

So, then you are not doing the quests from The Builder? You said you can only get 10 per day, so you must be missing one from the builder or T3's to get less than the 20 per day given. You don't need to discuss it with me, but you shouldn't complain about an issue that is incorrect.

As for the rest, I guess you just wanted to vent and not get assistance to help overcome the problems you pointed out. No problem. What too many players fail to understand is that every large guild started as a small guild with the same problems and issues and found ways overcome them without expecting handouts and assistance from the Devs. Some reached into their pockets, but many of us did not.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I believe your post will be much more approachable if you edit some paragraphs in. It's really hard to read as is.

I'm not sure why you would like AD vouchers, I would prefer almost anything else, especially campaign currencies like Tyranny and Frozen. (Speaking from SH20 main, and leveling second guild experience)
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

I believe your post will be much more approachable if you edit some paragraphs in. It's really hard to read as is.

I'm not sure why you would like AD vouchers, I would prefer almost anything else, especially campaign currencies like Tyranny and Frozen. (Speaking from SH20 main, and leveling second guild experience)

I'm sure it's slightly different for everyone. I found, like you, Frozen to be an issue. Also for us the main things were Heroic shards, Dark gifts in the final levels. I understand the AD vouchers with the stealth removal of the box from Dragonflight. That was not a nice move.

In many guilds, members do not want to part with their personal AD or the leaders believe so. Even in a guild that was originally founded as soloists anti-guild guild, we found our members more than helpful with any and all needs, including AD, when they were pointed out or encouraged through donation contests.
  • Options
    zephyriah said:

micky1p00 said:

I'm sure it's slightly different for everyone. I found, like you, Frozen to be an issue. Also for us the main things were Heroic shards, Dark gifts in the final levels. I understand the AD vouchers with the stealth removal of the box from Dragonflight. That was not a nice move.

In many guilds, members do not want to part with their personal AD or the leaders believe so. Even in a guild that was originally founded as soloists anti-guild guild, we found our members more than helpful with any and all needs, including AD, when they were pointed out or encouraged through donation contests.
    When SH came out, we spent millions of AD, there was no other option, but now you can make AD crates with leadership. So I don't think anyone should ever donate any direct AD or need AD vouchers.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    micky1p00 said:

zephyriah said:

micky1p00 said:

When SH came out, we spent millions of AD, there was no other option, but now you can make AD crates with leadership. So I don't think anyone should ever donate any direct AD or need AD vouchers.
    Problem with AD crates is that you have to be Leadership 23 to make them. You also will need to have a lot of members to make them, to really have a chance to use them solely, to upgrade the guild. I was looking at what will take to upgrade the guild I am in from level 12 to level 13. To build everything needed comes roughly 6,000 AD chests.

Let's say you have only 10 members that are eligible to make the chest. Each member make 6 chests (2 runs) a day, that's 60 chests a day. At that rate it will take 100 days to make enough chests to upgrade the guild.

• Options
    edited May 2018

micky1p00 said:

zephyriah said:

micky1p00 said:

Problem with AD crates is that you have to be Leadership 23 to make them. You also will need to have a lot of members to make them, to really have a chance to use them solely, to upgrade the guild. I was looking at what will take to upgrade the guild I am in from level 12 to level 13. To build everything needed comes roughly 6,000 AD chests.

Let's say you have only 10 members that are eligible to make the chest. Each member make 6 chests (2 runs) a day, that's 60 chests a day. At that rate it will take 100 days to make enough chests to upgrade the guild.

I guess I'm used to people having leadership on multiple chars in one way or another. I alone if I do professions twice per day can do over 150 crates.
    With most of the buildings do not take AD, only the boons structures and some of the SH upgrades IIRC, I usually could plan ahead enough that it was never the bottleneck.
    First with google sheets with few options and then with the site.

With the steady 3HEs, influence was slow, but not the main issue as you know that sooner or later it will be there or you can upgrade something else meanwhile. It looks overwhelming but it will come, or summer event will come and influence with it.

But Tyranny and Frozen... Thats a mess.... Veteran players really don't want to return to those places, and new players need those for the campaign and then no one wants to return to those places... And if you do 2 warehouses, heroic shards...
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I have two characters currently making AD chests. Set it up first time before I leave for work, start the second batch when I get home and maybe get another in mid evening. If I am lucky, I can start another before going to bed to start the process over for the next day.

With the reduction of making AD in mod 14, it is going to make it even harder to upgrade guilds.
  • Options
    foofighter592foofighter592 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I get that they want to introduce different packs for each lockbox, but I’m pretty bummed that there is no stronghold pack in the current lockbox.
  • Options

I get that they want to introduce different packs for each lockbox, but I’m pretty bummed that there is no stronghold pack in the current lockbox.

Generally, it seems the first lockbox for a new area has SH packs. So the first was Chult and it had them.